Imaginary friends, angels, and God.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't comment on that. He hasn't written about anything he's "heard" from the Lord. I usually "hear" by reading.
I don't recall; have you heard my testimony?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't comment on that. He hasn't written about anything he's "heard" from the Lord. I usually "hear" by reading.
Ones fruit is what can be seen of them that they produce or do, and what they hide. We can know only what is shown of them.

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So some folk are hearing God speak to them in an audible voice with their ears?

No I sometimes complain to Him about the fact that He doesn't just yell at me from heaven.
You have to recognize it. I thought He never spoke to me the first years that I was a christian. Some people were saying: God said this to me. God said that to me. He was having whole conversations w em, not w an audible voice. And then they explained to me and it turned out I heard Him a lot of times, but thought it was my own thoughts. He speaks mainly to me w Bible texts or He gives me a face of someone I should pray for and with prayer I get prayers, but it's mostly visual. I'm more visual. If I lost something I don't have faith that He can just say: Hey look there behind the table, but I pray and if I stay calm, even if it's a gigantic mess, ploop I see it laying right there. Doesn't work as good as it used to anymore, cause my eyesight ain't that good anymore. Also He speaks in dreams and through the Bible LOL and like my ex always preached if ppl complained they didn't hear God: you know, He sometimes even uses the preacher to tell you something.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't hear an audible voice and I can't remember the last time I heard an "inner voice" that was clear as day God's and not mine and not some other entities. I do, however, sometimes get strong impressions that I recognize as originating from the Creator.

I've had enough experience with Pastors and Christians in general to know to be extremely careful with what I hear from someone who claims to "have a word from God", concerning me, or in general. Too many people do it, and too many times it turns out to be either a delusion born of desire (usually a selfish one), or an obvious qualifier for manipulative purposes. That's not always the case - but often. But I don't auto tune someone out if they claim it - I'm just very careful with that person - because essentially what they are claiming is to be a prophet. If what they say doesn't come to pass or is not true - they are false and to me that is serious.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Pedrito strongly endorses the thoughts expressed by Stravinsk in Post #46.

They display a wisdom that appears to be somewhat rare among the ranks of Christendom in general.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't recall; have you heard my testimony?

Do you mean have I read your testimony? I can't recall it, but maybe I have and just can't remember without something to cue me into remembering it.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean have I read your testimony? I can't recall it, but maybe I have and just can't remember without something to cue me into remembering it.
That is what I meant.

If you would like or are interested, I could sent it to you via pm.

Just let me know.

peace

Top Bottom