Hi from the UK

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
It has been a while since I was part of a Christian online forum, been through a lot since then and I thought I would try again.

So Hi, my name is Pete, I live in Peterborough in UK and I am a Christian, but not a church goer, and yes I know some will see that as incongruous but there is a long journeythat has led me to this place and if I hang around here long enough and feel this is a safe place I may share the story of that journey.

I am married, with two grown daughters and three grandsons.

I look forward to learning more about all here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It has been a while since I was part of a Christian online forum, been through a lot since then and I thought I would try again.

So Hi, my name is Pete, I live in Peterborough in UK and I am a Christian, but not a church goer, and yes I know some will see that as incongruous but there is a long journeythat has led me to this place and if I hang around here long enough and feel this is a safe place I may share the story of that journey.

I am married, with two grown daughters and three grandsons.

I look forward to learning more about all here.

Hello and welcome.

My name is Philip. I live in Perth Western Australia (one of the suburbs of the city, not in the centre of the city itself). I'm a Christian, specifically a Catholic.

Enjoy yourself here. Folk are friendly.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi Pete, and welcome to the forum! I hope your time with us is greatly blessed.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi, Pete! Welcome to the board :) You mentioned that it's been a while since you've been on a forum...which ones were you a member on? We have members who have been on other sites so maybe you know some of their usernames?

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Pete ... welcome! It's good to see you here. I'm James from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Like you, I am a Christian ... in my case, of the Anglican persuasion, although I attend a Lutheran church. My church history before that was much more exciting, though. :)

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi, Pete! Welcome to the board :) You mentioned that it's been a while since you've been on a forum...which ones were you a member on? We have members who have been on other sites so maybe you know some of their usernames?

Don't make us incriminate ourselves, Ms Lammikins. Most of us are very black sheep. ;)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Faramir or pete? There are two given names in your username. Which would you rather be hailed by?

Welcome to CH.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi Pete! :shake:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Hi and welcome. Hope you find us a friendly place! :wave:

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for yur welcome :), I like to be known as Pete as that is my given name, the name Faramir also has a story behind it for me which I will share in time too. You seem to have a very ecclectic group here judging from the respondees here at least.
I was part of the ubiquitous Christian Forums, I was part of the moderator team there for a while, I was also part of a few much smaller forums specifically in the UK and most recently I was part of a forum connected to Ransomed Heart Ministries. But all of that ended about 5 years ago and shifted onto Facebook. I tried to go with it but the whole concept of Facebook started to get to self absorbed (imo) and self serving so I closed my subscription there and stopped following stuff.
Now I find I am missing the company and thoughts and ideas of other Christian folks. So I am venturing out into the land of forms again.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Thank you all for yur welcome :), I like to be known as Pete as that is my given name, the name Faramir also has a story behind it for me which I will share in time too. You seem to have a very ecclectic group here judging from the respondees here at least.
I was part of the ubiquitous Christian Forums, I was part of the moderator team there for a while, I was also part of a few much smaller forums specifically in the UK and most recently I was part of a forum connected to Ransomed Heart Ministries. But all of that ended about 5 years ago and shifted onto Facebook. I tried to go with it but the whole concept of Facebook started to get to self absorbed (imo) and self serving so I closed my subscription there and stopped following stuff.
Now I find I am missing the company and thoughts and ideas of other Christian folks. So I am venturing out into the land of forms again.

Facebook is odd. I use IRC sometimes (it's an old chat system).
cheers :)

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
Facebook is odd. I use IRC sometimes (it's an old chat system).
cheers :)

Not heard of IRC but I did use an Instant Message App for a while to keep in touch with some folks I knew in the US.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh ... formerly of Christian Forums (to which I refer in Parliamentary language as ":the other place", and a former moderator from thence as well. You will find many of your ilk here ... as one of those or both. A most hearty welcome to you indeed. :p

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi! Welcome to the CH community! It's a friendly and nice place to learn and grow. Glad to have you here! You identify yourself as a Christian but your faith icon identifies you as an agnostic. Which is the case? Or do you in some sense identify with both?

I'm Josiah, a former Catholic now Lutheran, and I live in southern California. Like most here, I'm a former CF'er and was once on staff there. This is a FAR better site!

Blessings!

- Josiah

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
Hi! Welcome to the CH community! It's a friendly and nice place to learn and grow. Glad to have you here! You identify yourself as a Christian but your faith icon identifies you as an agnostic. Which is the case? Or do you in some sense identify with both?

I'm Josiah, a former Catholic now Lutheran, and I live in southern California. Like most here, I'm a former CF'er and was once on staff there. This is a FAR better site!

Blessings!

- Josiah

Hi Josiah

I am not sure how to change the faith icon. I am accessing the forum using an app on my iPad so some of the website functions may not be easily available.

I am looking forward to a 'better' experience here than I had at CF

Pete from Peterborough UK

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, Pete.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hi Josiah

I am not sure how to change the faith icon. I am accessing the forum using an app on my iPad so some of the website functions may not be easily available.

I am looking forward to a 'better' experience here than I had at CF

Are you using Tapatalk? If so, then that's the cause. What would you like your icon changed to?

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
I think I have changed it myself now, I accessed through a web browser :)

Thanks for the offer

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Hi Pete welcome to CH, I hope you enjoy your time here with us all, I live in the UK to, in south east London so nice to meet you. I think you will find here most of the people come from CF at one point or another so don't feel alone there.. lol we are a friendly bunch so hope to see you about on site..

Top Bottom