Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
For those who aren't aware, we have private women's and men's forums. If you do not have access but would like it (to the appropriate forum) just ask.

I recently messed up and accidentally went into the Men's forum. I'm usually very careful! So today I went into the Edit User Mask and was able to put NO next to the Men's forum so I no longer will see the forum or posts (I didn't know I could do that myself...I thought Romanos had to do it). If a report comes up we have enough men who can handle it :)

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If there were more women posting in there and topics to reply to then it could make it a better place for their forum and I know you that you are active in there but I would like to see more members too, ya know?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If there were more women posting in there and topics to reply to then it could make it a better place for their forum and I know you that you are active in there but I would like to see more members too, ya know?

You could start more threads again :D I think people get sick of seeing me create new threads? LOL

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I'm not sure what would help gain traction in the men's forum. I've asked.
I was hoping the AMA thread would get some traction, which it has. (Thanks guys! :) ) (still waiting for those 'coney's'... ;) ).
Otherwise, not much interest so far. Maybe a men's prayer thread?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm not sure what would help gain traction in the men's forum. I've asked.
I was hoping the AMA thread would get some traction, which it has. (Thanks guys! :) ) (still waiting for those 'coney's'... ;) ).
Otherwise, not much interest so far. Maybe a men's prayer thread?

Maybe men like interacting with women and men so they post elsewhere.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
For those who aren't aware, we have private women's and men's forums. If you do not have access but would like it (to the appropriate forum) just ask.

I recently messed up and accidentally went into the Men's forum. I'm usually very careful! So today I went into the Edit User Mask and was able to put NO next to the Men's forum so I no longer will see the forum or posts (I didn't know I could do that myself...I thought Romanos had to do it). If a report comes up we have enough men who can handle it :)

I knew it! You were following me! I almost never post in the men's forums and when you had seen I posted there just recently, you had to find out what it was!

You're caught Lam!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I knew it! You were following me! I almost never post in the men's forums and when you had seen I posted there just recently, you had to find out what it was!

You're caught Lam!

Yeah I need to make sure you're behaving on the site ;)

I no longer have access to that forum and I think someone gave me a reputation but I can't read it!!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
[MENTION=11]Lämmchen[/MENTION]

I posted this to you yesterday in the Men's forum.....

Believe me, there's NOTHING in the boys room that a girl can't see, lol......

I have my "guy" friends and gatherings..... but RARELY does ANYTHING happen or get said that the ladies couldn't/shouldn't see and hear. My "bachelor" party included the ladies! We invited them all (and some came along) as we went to various breweries and beer tastings. Actually, it was nice having the girls along; nearly everything is more fun with girls. And they pretty things up and smell good and generally are good conversationalists. And (I learned) can sometimes drink me under the table. Since I was 10 or so, I've liked girls. And like being with them.

I suppose there might be something titillating about the idea that the girls and boys talk about very private stuff that the other gender would love to hear.... but I think it just ain't so (generally). While there IS guy and girl stuff, I think the other gender is largely aware of such; where there is a difference in topics it's not GENERALLY because something is very private and titillating but rather something the other gender TENDS to find uninteresting. Nothing sizzling, lol.

- Josiah

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Josiah, Romanos and I were supposed to get my settings straight a few months ago and we never did. I feel that if a men's forum is marked private that unless there aren't sufficient staffers around that are male that a woman shouldn't be in there. Although we have some very open men, there might be some who would rather have things hidden...and not just from women but from the general public eye. I've been very careful about noting which threads were in the male forum when I went to New Thread but ID had marked his as an Ask Me Anything which I thought was just like our other Ask Me Anything threads in the other forum we have. Of course I was mistaken. Now that's all fixed.

There might be some topics that women don't want the guys to have to read through. Or it's embarrassing. Or the public doesn't need to be in their business. So that is why we enjoy our private forums :)

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Josiah said:

Believe me, there's NOTHING in the boys room that a girl can't see, lol......

I have my "guy" friends and gatherings..... but RARELY does ANYTHING happen or get said that the ladies couldn't/shouldn't see and hear. My "bachelor" party included the ladies! We invited them all (and some came along) as we went to various breweries and beer tastings. Actually, it was nice having the girls along; nearly everything is more fun with girls. And they pretty things up and smell good and generally are good conversationalists. And (I learned) can sometimes drink me under the table. Since I was 10 or so, I've liked girls. And like being with them.

I suppose there might be something titillating about the idea that the girls and boys talk about very private stuff that the other gender would love to hear.... but I think it just ain't so (generally). While there IS guy and girl stuff, I think the other gender is largely aware of such; where there is a difference in topics it's not GENERALLY because something is very private and titillating but rather something the other gender TENDS to find uninteresting. Nothing sizzling, lol.

Romanos and I were supposed to get my settings straight a few months ago and we never did. I feel that if a men's forum is marked private that unless there aren't sufficient staffers around that are male that a woman shouldn't be in there. Although we have some very open men, there might be some who would rather have things hidden...and not just from women but from the general public eye. I've been very careful about noting which threads were in the male forum when I went to New Thread but ID had marked his as an Ask Me Anything which I thought was just like our other Ask Me Anything threads in the other forum we have. Of course I was mistaken. Now that's all fixed.

There might be some topics that women don't want the guys to have to read through. Or it's embarrassing. Or the public doesn't need to be in their business. So that is why we enjoy our private forums

Lamm,

I wasn't rebuking you or defending you or suggesting that these rooms should not be private. ONLY that I don't think your inadvertent presence disturbed anything or anyone. A lot of sites have these uber-private gender forums and yet I've VERY, VERY rarely read anything in the guys forums that in any way could not have been read equally by females; nothing titillating or sensational or sizzling, lol. Occasionally something relating to sexuality (rarely) but nothing the girls aren't WELL aware of. Of course, I can't speak for the girls forums.

Again, my post was in no way a complaint or suggestion. Not even a defense (you were right to leave and apologize for what CLEARLY was unintentional). Just a POV that no harm was done.... I think I've read every single one of the posts in that forum and I don't think even one of them would be problematic if you read them. The same is true for the guys-only forums at CF, CARM and beyond. Especially for adults.

Appreciate all you do!

- Josiah

Top Bottom