Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Has anyone else noticed to most of the women on the site are either not here or not posting am I missing something why this is happening... or am I just missing posts from then all... It looks like an all most male site now... :(

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love girls.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Has anyone else noticed to most of the women on the site are either not here or not posting am I missing something why this is happening... or am I just missing posts from then all... It looks like an all most male site now... :(
Yes and it's a real bummer. Ive been away for quite a while, and I come back to find not only Brighten seems to have left, but I had to log in to express my sadness over seeing Cassia go, and I feel bad that I think I just missed her by less than a day.
I know Rens left and why, but she's doing REAL good and says Hi in a roundabout way.
It probly has done us both good not to spend so much time posting on chatforums, and it was becoming really unfruitful and distracting for both of us, but yes, she is very much loved and missed here, ..... she's pretty busy with the things the Lord has laid out for her at this time, tho, but she's doing an outstanding job handling it all and I give her alot of credit. We're seeing how the summer unfolds and keeping the faith, but it's not easy of course. But God is with us, and His will is perfect and WILL be done, and we both know we can trust in Him, so we're being of good cheer as best we can as Jesus said to. Ruth I never got to know so much unfortunately, mostly just a timing thing, but I think she is here, same with ValleyGal and KrispyKreme lol I mean Krissy Cakes, and of course Lamm is here, too, and I apologize but I know Im missing more, but anyway .....
If it would make you happy, I'll post for the girls team in the numbers games!
*ducks from tomato-throwing
Lol, jk, :D
But maybe with the warmer weather, ppl are just busier with other things.
God bless you, ~Jo~ , and Jesus loves you.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I really miss these posters.....

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wilhemena and Toetapping still log in from time to time.

Maybe no one is asking them any questions so they aren't replying...which means they aren't posting. Conversations will keep people returning and that means asking them questions.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Wilhemena and Toetapping still log in from time to time.

Maybe no one is asking them any questions so they aren't replying...which means they aren't posting. Conversations will keep people returning and that means asking them questions.
WHY?!

( :;;D: see what I did there? )

:slap: Hey!!

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
I like men, I just kinda feel out numbered by them on here now, and sometimes I post and feel like I shouldn't have bothered, kinda feels anything I say is of no value.. I could be wrong but it doesn't feel like it.. sorry. anyway thanks for replying.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Jo,

JUST speaking for me (one male), I do not in any sense "discount" what women say. In fact, in all honesty, on the 'net, I'm rarely aware of the gender of the poster at all. I've been "corrected" a LOT over the years for referring to someone by the wrong gender.... it's not that I'm unaware or uncaring, I just don't view posts as "female" or "male." BTW, my 'boss' is a female - in a world where there aren't a lot of females. I don't think I relate to her as a woman at all (positively or negatively). She's very smart, very capable.... she keeps us guys on tract (which ain't no insignificant job) and provides EXCELLENT leadership and insight. We all appreciate her a lot.

THAT said, I do recognize that on rare occasions, men and women just speak about different things. I may not reply, NOT because I view the poster as lacking value (according to their gender or any other criteria) but simply because the issue isn't something I have any reply to. So, yes I'm sure sometimes I DO "skip" a post and not reply..... but it's entirely unrelated to my devaluing women or feel they have no voice.

I apologize for anything that may have caused you to feel unvalued by me.

I'm sorry you feel a bit alone. We need to work to get more active female participants!

- Josiah

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I like men, I just kinda feel out numbered by them on here now, and sometimes I post and feel like I shouldn't have bothered, kinda feels anything I say is of no value.. I could be wrong but it doesn't feel like it.. sorry. anyway thanks for replying.
Don't think like that, ~Jo~ , it's just the sign of the times and the general state of chatforums. Your friendship and opinions have always been valued by me, and I know quite a few others who would agree. Try not to take it to heart or too personally. Remember too, that there are alot of 'guests' and you never know who might be reading or admiring you from afar, and may be influenced by you someday to sign up and join in, or maybe even get saved bc of something you write, wont that be excellent?! Try to keep encouraged, Jesus loves you, that's for always.
Meanwhile, I'll try to send out the 'Calling all gals' alert :;;D:
(Yeah...cause that always works) :)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yes and it's a real bummer. Ive been away for quite a while, and I come back to find not only Brighten seems to have left, but I had to log in to express my sadness over seeing Cassia go, and I feel bad that I think I just missed her by less than a day.
I know Rens left and why, but she's doing REAL good and says Hi in a roundabout way.
It probly has done us both good not to spend so much time posting on chatforums, and it was becoming really unfruitful and distracting for both of us, but yes, she is very much loved and missed here, ..... she's pretty busy with the things the Lord has laid out for her at this time, tho, but she's doing an outstanding job handling it all and I give her alot of credit. We're seeing how the summer unfolds and keeping the faith, but it's not easy of course. But God is with us, and His will is perfect and WILL be done, and we both know we can trust in Him, so we're being of good cheer as best we can as Jesus said to. Ruth I never got to know so much unfortunately, mostly just a timing thing, but I think she is here, same with ValleyGal and KrispyKreme lol I mean Krissy Cakes, and of course Lamm is here, too, and I apologize but I know Im missing more, but anyway .....
If it would make you happy, I'll post for the girls team in the numbers games!
*ducks from tomato-throwing
Lol, jk, :D
But maybe with the warmer weather, ppl are just busier with other things.
God bless you, ~Jo~ , and Jesus loves you.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Okay now I feel all guilty and such cuz I am not around but school is out and the kiddos are up my behind and tv isn't enough fun and they are BORED already. I'm pullin my hair out here hehe oh but I love them! I can't make any promises on logging in every day but I ain't giving up yet and I like hanging with the guys of the board anyway!

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Okay now I feel all guilty and such cuz I am not around but school is out and the kiddos are up my behind and tv isn't enough fun and they are BORED already. I'm pullin my hair out here hehe oh but I love them! I can't make any promises on logging in every day but I ain't giving up yet and I like hanging with the guys of the board anyway!

Get hamster wheels for the kids :)

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I've spoken to Rens privately, and feel it's necessary to address this.

1. Rens did not leave because of Snerfle, which I deduced based on many of his posts. So first off, may I offer my apologies to Snerfle on this matter. I was mistaken and I was wrong.
2. The reason Rens did leave has to do with theology and a double standard with regards to it that appeared to have led to punitive actions of some sort. But because the communication was private I don't feel at liberty to repeat it or go into details. She seemed to think that brighten may have left for the same or similar reason, although that is speculation.

That's all, I have no info on why any other members have stopped posting or left.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Great shame she left and the reasons I don't go in theology can't be bothered with it and come here for the friendship to be honest . If you speak to her again please send my love to her and tell her I miss her if you remember...thanks

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
~Jo~ - I'm sure she'll read my post so she'll see yours as well :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I've spoken to Rens privately, and feel it's necessary to address this.

1. Rens did not leave because of Snerfle, which I deduced based on many of his posts. So first off, may I offer my apologies to Snerfle on this matter. I was mistaken and I was wrong.
2. The reason Rens did leave has to do with theology and a double standard with regards to it that appeared to have led to punitive actions of some sort. But because the communication was private I don't feel at liberty to repeat it or go into details. She seemed to think that brighten may have left for the same or similar reason, although that is speculation.

That's all, I have no info on why any other members have stopped posting or left.
I know of at least ten who left because of the slant the board had and that is not speculation as many of them pm'ed me and told me that. Personally I think the slant has improved and I hope that eventually some of these will come back.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There were no punitive actions by staff taken during the time Rens was having those theological discussions apart from Snerfle's flaming binge. Just for the record. All Christians are free to post what they believe on this site. If you don't like what another Christian believes then you don't have to post in the thread. That's how it works. When people get offended by theological discussion it's not because of any flaming that has gone on but the fact that they don't feel they can back up what they believe. I've seen that happen in person and on many theological sites.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
There were no punitive actions by staff taken during the time Rens was having those theological discussions apart from Snerfle's flaming binge. Just for the record. All Christians are free to post what they believe on this site. If you don't like what another Christian believes then you don't have to post in the thread. That's how it works. When people get offended by theological discussion it's not because of any flaming that has gone on but the fact that they don't feel they can back up what they believe. I've seen that happen in person and on many theological sites.

Often people stop posting in a thread when it becomes apparent that their interlocutors are no longer responding to the argument at hand. Or when prayer is deemed more effective and fruitful than further discussion. So I cannot agree with you that "When people get offended by theological discussion it's not because of any flaming that has gone on but the fact that they don't feel they can back up what they believe." Such may be the case in a few cases but I regard it as unlikely to be true in many.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Thanks for letting us know ~Jo~ how you are feeling. I've been in the same situation and it gets old after a while. I don't post a lot but I will keep this in mind and try to be supportive where possible.

Top Bottom