What are you currently reading or just finished?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am currently reading Dr.Gary Smalley's book "Change Your Heart Change Your life". I really have enjoyed it. Mainly he is talking about replacing negative thoughts and beliefs with the promises of the Word of God.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am currently reading Dr.Gary Smalley's book "Change Your Heart Change Your life". I really have enjoyed it. Mainly he is talking about replacing negative thoughts and beliefs with the promises of the Word of God.

I just finished The Return of the King which is the last part of the Lord of the Rings.

Before that I read The City at the End of the World

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just finished reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. It's about a guy who hiked the Appalachian Trail.

I found it interesting because I've done a short hike on the AT (Appalachian Trail) but would never consider doing the entire thing. The author didn't quite do the entire thing either. In fact, he only did about 800 plus miles of over 2,200 miles.

For most of his hiking he had a friend with him and it was humorous reading some of the situations they found themselves in. The boring part of the book was all the facts the author threw in (to me it felt as if he was plumping up the book) and his complaining about the park services organization.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just finished reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. It's about a guy who hiked the Appalachian Trail.

I found it interesting because I've done a short hike on the AT (Appalachian Trail) but would never consider doing the entire thing. The author didn't quite do the entire thing either. In fact, he only did about 800 plus miles of over 2,200 miles.

For most of his hiking he had a friend with him and it was humorous reading some of the situations they found themselves in. The boring part of the book was all the facts the author threw in (to me it felt as if he was plumping up the book) and his complaining about the park services organization.

I've seen the movie. Robert Redford is in it.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've seen the movie. Robert Redford is in it.

I looked and hoped it would be free on Netflix or Amazon but it's not :( I'll wait until I get a gift card some day and then watch the film.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I'm not reading anything at the moment but the last book I read was Eric Dubay's " 200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball "

- and I should qualify - *most of it*, not all of it.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just finished Lisa Unger's Ink and Bone which is a thriller. I was a little disappointed in the ending, but pretty good read.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am reading the Edgewood series books.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am a man of many interests..... Science (my degree is in physics), obviously theology (my sole subject here), history and many others. My reading tends to reveal the diversity.

The book I just finished is: Unlikely Warrior by George Rauch. It's part of my fascination with World War II. It's largely an autobiography but focused entirely on his years in the German Army during WW II. I enjoy the "real life" aspects of the war - on the front and even more at home, and for the past few years, especially from a German perspective. I enjoyed the book a lot. By the way, one of my fave books of all time is partly a WW II book: Unbroken (also made into a movie).

- Josiah

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am a man of many interests..... Science (my degree is in physics), obviously theology (my sole subject here), history and many others. My reading tends to reveal the diversity.

The book I just finished is: Unlikely Warrior by George Rauch. It's part of my fascination with World War II. It's largely an autobiography but focused entirely on his years in the German Army during WW II. I enjoy the "real life" aspects of the war - on the front and even more at home, and for the past few years, especially from a German perspective. I enjoyed the book a lot. By the way, one of my fave books of all time is partly a WW II book: Unbroken (also made into a movie).

- Josiah

I don't know if you ever read "The Dead and those about to Die" by John McManus, but it has been a good account of the D-day and the Big Red One at Omaha Beach. It makes you appreciate just what they went through there

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Does anyone else read Young Adult books?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Does anyone else read Young Adult books?

I've read several. I LIKE that they tend to be less obsessed with sex, shorter (read: less flowerly and "Russian"), and more focused.

Unfortunately, so much tends to be post-apocalyptic and romance stuff...... I read the whole Maze series, the whole Hunger Games things and the rest, but just not my favorite books. Probably the only YA book I'd put high on my list is "Ender's Game" ( I really liked the plot and the characters), although the first Hunger Game was a good read....

- Josiah

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've read several. I LIKE that they tend to be less obsessed with sex, shorter (read: less flowerly and "Russian"), and more focused.

Unfortunately, so much tends to be post-apocalyptic and romance stuff...... I read the whole Maze series, the whole Hunger Games things and the rest, but just not my favorite books. Probably the only YA book I'd put high on my list is "Ender's Game" ( I really liked the plot and the characters), although the first Hunger Game was a good read....

- Josiah

I'm not a romance reader either but I enjoy some of the fantasy and sci fi young adult books. Too often they all begin to sound alike though so a break is needed.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just finished "Void Moon" by John Connelly. I gave it three out of five stars. This makes the 20th book I have read so far this year

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm reading A Chance for Charity (The Immortal Ones book 1). It's a young adult. It was good in the beginning but once she found some guy she's attracted to it got really stupid.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Martian by Andy Weir....this one guy gets stuck on Mars.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Now reading a book called "The God You're Looking For" by Bill Hybels

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I just finished reading some help files for settings on my phone :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I recently read "The Passenger" by Lisa Lutz, I thought it was great.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
I have started reading again lately, can honestly say its been years since I read a book and I have now read 3 in the last month, lol, they are historical fiction stories by the authors Annie Groves and Anne Baker, I have to read in large print now tho because of the failing eye sight.. it does make it harder to read small print now.... My daughter reads loads of books also young adult books to my house is full of books and now I'm starting on library ones to.. seems silly to buy when I can borrow eh.. Thought I would read while I can still see as wont be able to one day ..plus it gets me offline which kills my eyes now..

Top Bottom