Do you believe in aliens?

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do yoooooooouuuuu think we are the only ones in this universe? I actually hope there are aliens out there somewhere and it would be cool to meet them someday. Though hopefully they are friendly. They could share our technology with us and whatever other cool things they have.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Too much science fiction watching and reading I reckon leads to alien fascination :p

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No, I don't believe in Aliens.

I did used to, however, entertain the strong possibility of them, as science fiction was a former favorite entertainment genre of mine.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but not as men from outer space

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do yoooooooouuuuu think we are the only ones in this universe? I actually hope there are aliens out there somewhere and it would be cool to meet them someday. Though hopefully they are friendly. They could share our technology with us and whatever other cool things they have.

I do believe there is alien life somewhere else in the universe although they most likely aren't man like.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Some thoughts....

1. At this point, there is ZERO (absolutely ZERO) evidence that there is life anywhere else in the enormous universe than on the planet Earth. So in terms of science, there is ZERO evidence of alien life.

2. The THEORY that life (of SOME sort) MIGHT exist elsewhere is based on two points: A) It's a REALLY big universe, with LIKELY billions and billions of planets, at least a tiny percentage of which (probably less than 1%) are "Earth-like" and thus life could have begun there and MAY (perhaps) still be there. Of course this "life" could be ENTIRELY different than anything here. B) The reality of extreme life on Earth suggests that perhaps life can exist (and MAYBE even evolve) in conditions never before considered possible; a planet could have conditions quite different than currently on Earth but still harbor life. So far, this remains pure theorgy with NOTHING WHATSOEVER to show that it is true. Nothing.

3. My own OPINION is that life elsewhere seems probable. However, the universe is BIG. Unless life (in SOME form) exists elsewhere in our solar system, then I doubt we will ever (even in tens of thousands of years) ever become aware of such life. IMO, the odds that we will EVER become aware of such is close to zero. Especially since such life could be very different than anything here (we might not recognize it if we were holding it in our hands) and because the most likely way we MIGHT, perhaps, maybe, become aware is if some life there was using the same technology we currently are - and I think the odds of that are about as close to absolute zero as one can get. Think of all the life on Earth.... over 3 billion years.... only for the last century has even ONE species used a technology that someone on another planet might become aware of.... and we may cease doing that in another hundred years. There could be a planet with huge oceans, millions of species in that ocean, some with an IQ equal to you, but no radio or television. At least RIGHT NOW.

My half cent.

- Josiah

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
why not we are here so why not something else where. come to think of it I think some actually live here.. lol nah that's just humans acting like aliens..

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I started believing in some sort of alien life after reading about Area 51 and the government. That stuff is interesting yet creepy as heck.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I started believing in some sort of alien life after reading about Area 51 and the government. That stuff is interesting yet creepy as heck.

It is creepy, I agree! The government likes to keep its secrets, that's for sure. The eye witness accounts sound believable but how advanced was our technology back and and how much did they try to hide from the public and other governments?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I believe in "aliens" as extraterrestrial life, for I believe in Heaven in the heavenly realms somewhere. I believe in angels as extraterrestrial beings both holy and fallen. The Bible speaks of such beings and we see them throughout scripture. It imho impossible to believe some of the stories in the Bible without believing in extraterrestrials.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, I believe in "aliens" as extraterrestrial life, for I believe in Heaven in the heavenly realms somewhere. I believe in angels as extraterrestrial beings both holy and fallen. The Bible speaks of such beings and we see them throughout scripture. It imho impossible to believe some of the stories in the Bible without believing in extraterrestrials.

Interesting perspective!! I guess I've never thought of angels (etc.) as "ET's" but in a sense, that's right! Thanks for that perspective on this!!!!

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course! If life was able to evolve here, there's a pretty good chance that something evolved somewhere else in this vast universe.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My wife knew a family who insisted their cat was an alien.... But I guess it was just mean and out to defeat humans.

Top Bottom