Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The last meal I had was sprouted brown rice and sprouted chickpeas, cooked, with caramelized onion, garlic, honey and soy sauce, mixed with oats, pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds that were blended with paprika and cayenne pepper and turmeric, and heated gently on the onion/garlic mix. To finish was just a little oil and a dab of toasted sesame seed oil. Mixed with fresh tomato and iceberg lettuce.

Now I'm having popcorn and beer. :)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am cooking my pasta sauce. It took some effort yo prepare for cooking. Lots of tomatoes to dice. Some port wine to add. Garlic, onions, some pork and beef mince. some chillies finely chopped. some water. some seasoning. It smells wonderful as it is cooking. I have the pasta on standby ready to go boil as soon as the sauce is ready.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I am cooking my pasta sauce. It took some effort yo prepare for cooking. Lots of tomatoes to dice. Some port wine to add. Garlic, onions, some pork and beef mince. some chillies finely chopped. some water. some seasoning. It smells wonderful as it is cooking. I have the pasta on standby ready to go boil as soon as the sauce is ready.

Hey MC, if you were cooking in my house this meal and I decided to waste your effort by putting it in the garbage when you weren't looking, do you think I'd be justified in doing so just because it was my house?

What if I urinated in your meal? Would I be justified in doing so because it's "my house and my rules"?

Or would you rather say that allowing you to cook in my house comes with the reasonable assumption and courtesy that I'm not going to pull out my dictatorial power and be a jerk just because I own the property?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hey MC, if you were cooking in my house this meal and I decided to waste your effort by putting it in the garbage when you weren't looking, do you think I'd be justified in doing so just because it was my house?

What if I urinated in your meal? Would I be justified in doing so because it's "my house and my rules"?

Or would you rather say that allowing you to cook in my house comes with the reasonable assumption and courtesy that I'm not going to pull out my dictatorial power and be a jerk just because I own the property?

Only you can answer that question. Being a jerk is an art for some. I mistake for others. And a cause for embarrassment with repentance for some.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Only you can answer that question. Being a jerk is an art for some. I mistake for others. And a cause for embarrassment with repentance for some.

Would it be reasonable to say though, that my throwing out your meal (which I invited you to make if I am the host), or urinating in it would earn me the reputation of a bad host in your eyes?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Would it be reasonable to say though, that my throwing out your meal (which I invited you to make if I am the host), or urinating in it would earn me the reputation of a bad host in your eyes?

Truly truly I say to you, I would not cook a meal in another person's home - family excepted.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Truly truly I say to you, I would not cook a meal in another person's home - family excepted.

:) That's good enough for me, and for the person(s) this little dialogue was intended for.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I found a lovely sourdough bread made with spelt and rye and some other sprouted grains in the health food section of the grocery store. I toasted it and made a sandwich with marinated tofu, tomato, onion and salt. Also having another piece of this bread with Vegemite.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am cooking lunch. It's onions, carrots, potatoes, lots of white pepper, vegetable stock, and two chicken drumsticks all in water boiling to become a nice chicken soup. The chicken meat will stay in the soup after I strip it from the bones.

2425087280.jpg

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
oh this isnt the what are you doing thread

Attachments

• 20171118_162429.jpg
    20171118_162429.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 4

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just ate a ham sandwich.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The sourdough spelt/rye/sprouted grains bread I mentioned earlier - with Vegemite

And diced, marinated tofu, plus a tomato and some lettuce.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Toast and Vegemite again (same bread as before) with a little lettuce. Pepitas. Scrambled tofu with mixed spices, salt and cooked red onion.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Toast and Vegemite again (same bread as before) with a little lettuce. Pepitas. Scrambled tofu with mixed spices, salt and cooked red onion.

It's a Vegemite week for you :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Blueberry pancakes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Apple cinnamon oatmeal

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
It's a Vegemite week for you :)

Indeed. It's been an all around lazy week for me insofar as food prep goes. Besides trying a few different commercially produced sprouted/sourdough breads - I even tested some store bought lentil burgers (they were ok), some imitation bacon (which sucked, I've made better myself), and some very tasty meat free nuggets (mentioned earlier) as well as some stir fry from the same company.

This morning's breakfast was a new sourdough bread, a rather heavy bread - thick with whole grain - toasted 4 pieces and added Vegemite. :p

Top Bottom