Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Do you use the green or red (purple) cabbage?

I have a habit of using green. Although I like red cabbage, I usually don't think to buy it. Maybe next time.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Last meal was homemade fries (about 500g) and Cos lettuce.

Fries are just potatoes cut up and tossed around in a bag that I added a mixture of oil, water, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and salt to and then cooked covered on low heat. They kick butt over store bought or take away fries both in taste and nutrition.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have a habit of using green. Although I like red cabbage, I usually don't think to buy it. Maybe next time.

I grew up eating a lot of cabbage because it was cheap but my husband doesn't like the smell of it when it cooks so he doesn't like it when I make it at home. My mom used to just fry it up with butter and onion and there was dinner.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I grew up eating a lot of cabbage because it was cheap but my husband doesn't like the smell of it when it cooks so he doesn't like it when I make it at home. My mom used to just fry it up with butter and onion and there was dinner.

Then maybe you can cook it near an open window, possibly with a fan. I usually eat my cabbage raw or just lightly sauteed.

I know a couple where the guy is a meat eater and his wife is vegetarian (lacto/ovo or strict(vegan), don't know, but she doesn't eat meat). I had dinner with them once. Tacos. I had the meat as I was a meat eater at the time and so did he, and she had some cooked soy product. There was no discussion of it and no tension. It seems that they respected each other's personal choices in this matter.

Last meal I had was: Sprouted brown rice (boiled), sliced cucumber, cooked carrot, caramelized onion, garlic, mushrooms, and a sauce made of lemon slice (including peel), white wine vinegar, salt, olive oil, sesame oil, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Cooked brown rice, steamed tofu (from frozen), raw carrot and cucumber with sauce. Sauce is: water, garlic, onion, chili pepper, smoked paprika, salt, sesame and olive oil, lemon slice (with peel), white wine vinegar and nutritional yeast flakes, well blended. Tangy and spicy goodness!

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
A shake: Water, frozen blueberries, rolled oats, frozen banana chunks with skin, frozen coconut pieces, peanut butter, well blended.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Eggplant parmigiana. I bought the eggplant from the vegan section at the grocery store because I didn't want to deal with breading and cooking my own but just added the sauce and cheese. It was excellent. My husband said mine is spicier and he prefers it so this summer I'll make it but for now this is a good substitute.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
A shake: Water, frozen blueberries, rolled oats, frozen banana chunks with skin, frozen coconut pieces, peanut butter, well blended.

This again, without the coconut and without the peanut butter, instead using Tahini and raisins. Delish and filling for hours.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Dinner:
Wholemeal pasta (wheat) with cucumber slices and sauce.

Sauce: Water, toasted almonds, tomato, garlic, onion, lemon slice with peel, parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, small amount of sesame seed oil - blended.
Sauce was a little runny (added too much water) but otherwise not bad. The addition of rosemary and thyme gave it a striking flavor. Even though I enjoyed it, I think it could be tweaked to taste even better.

On a side note, I wonder how cluey the people at the local food grocery store are. Their produce section frequently has sales for products either just about to sprout or starting to get just a little soft. For example, I picked up some potatoes for dirt cheap that are just starting to sprout. They'll be going in planters tomorrow. Fruits, too. Tomatoes (they are a fruit) on sale. Cut up and into my freezer to be thawed as needed. I wonder if the proprietors even eat what they sell.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just ate a banana and now I want a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Wholemeal toast with jelly

Jelly is mixture of soaked flax seeds (around 20 minutes or so, soaked), cinnamon and raisins, blended.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Brown rice and lentils (soaked then cooked) with cucumber, tomato, lettuce, avocado and sauce.

Sauce: Water, pulverized roasted almonds, soaked flax seeds, olive oil, onion and garlic powder (1/3 - 1/2 of the latter to the former), dash cayenne, dash smoked paprika, some rosemary spice, and salt - blended.

I made a similar sauce (without the almonds or flax seeds) for potato "fries" earlier. The addition of a little Rosemary really adds to the flavor. Sauce is a definite keeper for savory dishes.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Udon noodles with Falafels and raw broccoli and sauce.

Sauce is: Water, Pulverized and roasted almonds, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, salt, olive and sesame seed oils - blended.

Edit: Sauce also included crushed flax seeds.

Last edited:

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Last food consumed was an almond drink. I have a habit of buying almond milk, but the percentage ranges from 2%-10%, it's mostly water with a little almond and other ingredients. I like mine better.

Almonds, pulverized, with raisins and cocoa powder simmered, then blended with some vanilla extract and mint.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Creamy hash browns cooked in onion, garlic, cayenne, smoked paprika, rosemary spices, along with some leftover 100% almond milk, salt and a little olive oil.

Sourdough toast with Vegemite

Green peas.

...and the watery starch I squeezed from the hash browns before they were cooked went to feed some lettuce plants.
hick.gif

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Creamy hash browns cooked in onion, garlic, cayenne, smoked paprika, rosemary spices, along with some leftover 100% almond milk, salt and a little olive oil.

Sourdough toast with Vegemite

Green peas.

...and the watery starch I squeezed from the hash browns before they were cooked went to feed some lettuce plants.
hick.gif

This again, without the peas, but with tomato slices and Cos lettuce on the Sourdough/Vegemite bread.

I find a small handful of almonds (pulverized) and simmered under low heat suits as both a coffee creamer in the mornings, and the balance thereof a kind of sauce/thickener for my hash browns. I don't even bother to filter it.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
A fairly large salad:

Generous servings of each: Cos lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, store bought potato strips (cooked)
Plus olive and sesame seed oils, salt, white wine vinegar, lemon juice

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Veggie burgers: A combo of rolled oat flour, flax seed flour, potato flour, various spices and salt, water, blended and cooked into patties. On bread with tomato, Cos lettuce, pickles. They were good. I think next time I'll add a dollop of Tahini on top. Perhaps some pineapple and barbeque sauce. Mmm.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The same as the above, like, 4 hours ago. 2 of them and I still feel full. Too many calories last night and woke this morning not feeling hungry, and ate them only feeling a little hungry. Hehe, for today anyway, my homemade veggie burgers are like the Lembas bread from LOTR.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Udon noodles, thin tempeh slices simmered in soy sauce, Cos lettuce, raw spinach leaves, tomato and a sauce made from fresh garlic and onion, lemon slice (with peel), salt, white wine vinegar, sesame and olive oil, well blended.

Top Bottom