Post from my ex

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I read Facebook, there was a discussion going on between christians. Ex posts: if you spend more time debating on Facebook or other christian fora reading all comments, commenting, having a great time together, than you spend on reaching the people you know for the Lord, you should ask Him if He has to set you free from social media addiction. Of course this also counts for me.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Would your ex say the same thing about a bible study? I find that when I'm here in discussions that I'm heavy into God's word and that keeps me fed. That is not a bad thing.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would your ex say the same thing about a bible study? I find that when I'm here in discussions that I'm heavy into God's word and that keeps me fed. That is not a bad thing.

No Bible study is great. Yes if I pray and study the Bible online, that's good, but I waste so much time online. I used to never even use a computer or phone except at the office.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I read Facebook, there was a discussion going on between christians. Ex posts: if you spend more time debating on Facebook or other christian fora reading all comments, commenting, having a great time together, than you spend on reaching the people you know for the Lord, you should ask Him if He has to set you free from social media addiction. Of course this also counts for me.
I see a lot of this with Facebook, I know people that are constantly looking at it, not good

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

I agree. I like being around people who love Lord Jesus and the Word. And imho this is fellowship as much as going to Sunday or Wednesday service.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

I might have called to his attention the fact that (at the time) he was "reading all comments, commenting, and having a great time..." himself. You get the idea. Takes a real smart person to point out what someone else is doing as I do the same thing. :)

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I might have called to his attention the fact that (at the time) he was "reading all comments, commenting, and having a great time..." himself. You get the idea. Takes a real smart person to point out what someone else is doing as I do the same thing. :)

That's why he added: of course this also counts for me.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
That's why he added: of course this also counts for me.

Oh. I thought he was referring to you with that. Duh... :D

Top Bottom