It's time to replace theological bombast with unity in the Spirit

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Would you explain your meaning please?
I'm sorry I don't have time right now.

I will get to it later.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I know what happens here when people passionately defend their position. And why should I cast my pearls before "Christians" who have demonstrated antipathy for following the simple instruction of Lord Jesus and the scripture saying the Word does not mean what it says, and basically that our Father lies? You have made the Word of God ineffective and I pity those who follow your teaching.

Was this directed at someone here on the site, using "Christian" in quotes and pitying their teaching? I'm asking for some clarification on this.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Would you explain your meaning please?
You say you-all

That implies all.

I'm saying all is synonymous with the remnant of Judah or Israel. I referenced it being scattered everywhere per the tower of Babel.

I'm also saying all is synonymous with all the faithful unto GOD. And seeing as how the Christ of GOD is the only way to GOD, it also follows that all these branches abide in faith in the Christ, and His example, and His teachings.

hope that helps.

peace

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You say you-all

That implies all.

I'm saying all is synonymous with the remnant of Judah or Israel. I referenced it being scattered everywhere per the tower of Babel.

I'm also saying all is synonymous with all the faithful unto GOD. And seeing as how the Christ of GOD is the only way to GOD, it also follows that all these branches abide in faith in the Christ, and His example, and His teachings.

hope that helps.

peace

"you-all" in John 15 is about disciples who follow Jesus. They-all are the branches and some of them-all may be insincere or uncommitted - like in the parable about the fish-net that came back filled with good and bad fish (the net being the Kingdom of God and the fish being the people in the Kingdom). The insincere/uncommitted would be the branches cut off and burned in John 15. The faithful would be the branches trimmed to increase their fruit production. So I agree that the you-all refers to all the faithful (and some not so faithful) in the Vine (body of Christ/church).

Top Bottom