Kitty question

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone elses cat meow constantly during the night or is it just mine?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol when I had a cat he'd sleep on my bed and then in the middle of the night he had to go out to pee and scratched all my wall paper off the wall til I finally came out of bed to get him out. Poor thing. And meowing yes. Whole wall was ruined.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
mine sleep most of the day, come 1.30 am they wake up run around after each other jump all over my bed with me in it .. only after I shout out them do they stop and go back to sleep. moewing no being a pain in the butt yes big time. Last night Missy decided to climb on top of my wardrobe and try to jump on me . stupid cat we could both of got hurt..

Does sassy sleep all day or is she meowing then to. if she is you might need to see a vet, she might have something wrong.. as she is getting a really old kitty..

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
A badly injured cat just adopted me the other night.
On the front step at midnight, she followed me down the street and back up, then I realized she was limping.

Upon bringing her in, I saw her leg is useless, has a bad spot on the back which Ive come to believe is the bone showing, it's all infected, but she has been keeping it clean and it doesnt seem to be getting worse, but she only has the use of three legs.

Vets want way to much money just for visit and exams, tests.
Procedures like casting or amputation are extremely costly.
Plus meds for pain, antibiotics, etc.

I'm feeding her, she eats good, even gained a little, I cleaned her ears and wiped her as best I could of car/street dirt, and I set a litter box which she uses faithfully, no other problems at all.

She's very sweet, likes to gently bump noses, just the tip, BOOP. :=D:
I play with her a bit, but laying in place, she can't run or chase.
But she hops around pretty good. I dont want to take her somewhere where they'll just kill her, but she needs care. My heart is torn. I am growing to really love her, I want to keep her but I dont know if I can or if I should. :(

She's so funny. She seems to always want to be with me. But then often goes off on her own, like I don't matter. But then if I go to do something, she gets right there, like Hey, whatryudooin?! Im here, play! Lol.

And she seems to get mad when I take dinner next door to eat, no lie! :)
She doesnt meow too much, but she does then,
but it's more muted in her throat, like shes complaining, lol.

But that's the way she meows bc she's in pain, she also does it when she tosses and turns in her sleep, sometimes it's like 'rowrch'.

But most times it's cute it sounds like 'grear' with a bit of a purr mixed in.

She is at the front door every time I come in, then follows me upstairs, where I have her food, box, and her bed on the floor in my bedroom. She sleeps there next to me at night, but lately she goes down and sleeps by the front door in the day.

I've been praying for her healing, and I'm going to have to do something soon, but I don't want to say goodbye to her. She's really a good kitty, very sweet, but she's hurting, too, and the leg may be worse than it seems, idk.

My heart aches for too many reasons these days. :( I could use a friend.
And I'm tired of being alone.

But I'm glad she's here for now, she can't fend for herself outside, she wouldn't survive that. I just couldn't let her out there like that.

But it really is funny how she acts with me.
I want so much to give her a hug, but I can't.
I haven't officially named her, but I may have something in mind. :friends:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
It's an attention thing, I think. Most cats are pretty nocturnal and can occupy themselves pretty well. Yours might just be a little bored and looking for you to show some attention. Do you have some cat toys that it can occupy itself with? That usually helps (although a cat making all kinds of ruckus presents another sleep issue :D)

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
On the front step at midnight, she followed me down the street and back up, then I realized she was limping.

Upon bringing her in, I saw her leg is useless, has a bad spot on the back which Ive come to believe is the bone showing, it's all infected, but she has been keeping it clean and it doesnt seem to be getting worse, but she only has the use of three legs.

I'm feeding her, she eats good, even gained a little, I cleaned her ears and wiped her as best I could of car/street dirt, and I set a litter box which she uses faithfully, no other problems at all.

But she hops around pretty good. I dont want to take her somewhere where they'll just kill her, but she needs care. My heart is torn. I am growing to really love her, I want to keep her but I dont know if I can or if I should. :(

She's so funny. She seems to always want to be with me. But then often goes off on her own, like I don't matter. But then if I go to do something, she gets right there, like Hey, whatryudooin?! Im here, play! Lol.

But that's the way she meows bc she's in pain, she also does it when she tosses and turns in her sleep, sometimes it's like 'rowrch'.

She is at the front door every time I come in, then follows me upstairs, where I have her food, box, and her bed on the floor in my bedroom. She sleeps there next to me at night, but lately she goes down and sleeps by the front door in the day.

I've been praying for her healing, and I'm going to have to do something soon, but I don't want to say goodbye to her. She's really a good kitty, very sweet, but she's hurting, too, and the leg may be worse than it seems, idk.

But I'm glad she's here for now, she can't fend for herself outside, she wouldn't survive that. I just couldn't let her out there like that.

Snerfie your kitty has chosen you as her owner, take care of her best you can she sounds like a sweet kitty, can you post a pic of her on trees or lamp post she might belong to someone local and been in an accident with a car or something, and someone might be looking for her.. its just a thought but its up to you hun at the end of the day, just don't let her suffer if you don't have to, its not fair to her or you.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

You must have meds for pain and antibiotics. That's not that expensive. And put T.B. Joshua on. Didnt go to the vet anymore for the rabbit. She wanted me to come back. I just pray for healing with the help of T.B. and first gave pain stuff and antibiotics, now only antibiotics. She's doing good. I asked one vet on internet who isn't a money wolve and the best rabbit doctor in the country and he gave me advice for free. She gets mad when you go eat? Lol always listen to the cat. I eat with my rabbit on the couch so he doesnt complain.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
A cat after my own heart it is. Gonna pray with T.B. for her while youre eating and deserting us. Youre not gonna put him up anyway. Distance is not a barrier lol.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Rens , ~Jo~ , ImaginaryDay2 , hotrhymez
Hi. Thank you so much for your prayers/concerns/likes
regarding my kittycat, it means alot! God bless you. :friends:

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should name your new kitty Snerfie..its a cute name lol

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
It's an attention thing, I think. Most cats are pretty nocturnal and can occupy themselves pretty well. Yours might just be a little bored and looking for you to show some attention. Do you have some cat toys that it can occupy itself with? That usually helps (although a cat making all kinds of ruckus presents another sleep issue :D)
With a leg dangling like a piece of dead meat, she's not gonna be making much of a ruckus. She's very quiet and very sweet, it's heartbreaking knowing she's in pain and can't run, they love to run and chase and leap.

I have toys for her, if I sit with her, we can play a little, but she actually prefers my hand.

And she attacks my foot when I walk by. Not in defense, either, but to play. You can tell by the way she blinks when I go OW! Lol.

The other day she was laying on her bed, and I laid on the floor next to her, my face pretty close. Next thing you know, she grabs my head with both paws, one on each side of my temples, and dug her claws in. The more I tried to pull away, the more she dug in and kept pulling me close. I was completely at her mercy. All the sudden she starts licking my forehead, lol. For the next thirty seconds, she gave the top of my forehead a bath with her little tongue. It was so sweet, I was almost in tears over it.

(Geez, I guess I'm the one starved for attention. Am I deperate and tired of being alone, or what? Yikes! :=D: )

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Snerfie please find out about her leg she cant keep dragging it about like that its just so wrong guy... it makes me upset to even think about it now I know..if you plan on keeping her find help please

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Snerfie please find out about her leg she cant keep dragging it about like that its just so wrong guy... it makes me upset to even think about it now I know..if you plan on keeping her find help please

He just went to the vet.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I hope the vet will be able to get the kitty painfree. Poor lil thing. And hopefully won't cost an arm and a leg :no:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks Rens any idea how it went ..

No I haven't heard from him yet. He went yesterday and they sent him to another one today, because they had too much stray cats and would put him down. I read there's a lot of stray cats in America. If a cat comes to my door I can be sure it's just from a neighbour.

Top Bottom