Euthanizing pets

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

That's a good example of letting the one you love know that you love them. That's important.
Too many just take it for granted, send it away, ignore it, forsake it, let it die. Very sad. I've been on both sides. I hate that I've done that in the past, as an unbeliever, but still no excuse. I also hate being a victim of it. It hurts like hell, so I know how it feels and I pray to God I never do that to another ever again.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's a good example of letting the one you love know that you love them. That's important.
Too many just take it for granted, send it away, ignore it, forsake it, let it die. Very sad. I've been on both sides. I hate that I've done that in the past, as an unbeliever, but still no excuse. I also hate being a victim of it. It hurts like hell, so I know how it feels and I pray to God I never do that to another ever again.

All I see is a greedy vet tbh.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
All I see is a greedy vet tbh.

Oh. In your other post you said it was true love. I was just agreeing with you. I was only focussing on that, the true love the person was showing towards their pet fish and comparing it to the importance of showing love in general and doing what we can to keep it alive.

I wasn't really thinking about the vet costs side of it. I'm sorry. Yes, they can be extremely high-priced.

I agree too that its a shame that things often cost so much that it keeps us from being able to do more for the ones we love.

It is grievous to be forced to make a decision between money and a beloved pet (or even worse, a beloved person) but when it comes to illness, age and suffering, where do we draw the line?

If I had the thousands, I guess I would have gotten the MRI (CAT-scan?, Har-Har) for my little buddy that the vet recommended, but still, she said there wasn't much that could be done. But I could've had more faith and been more sensitive to him in his situation, not been so selfish in my own care for him. I let feelings of helplessness frustrate me. It wasn't his fault. I should have been more nurturing and I regret that I wasn't.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh. In your other post you said it was true love. I was just agreeing with you. I was only focussing on that, the true love the person was showing towards their pet fish and comparing it to the importance of showing love in general and doing what we can to keep it alive.

I wasn't really thinking about the vet costs side of it. I'm sorry. Yes, they can be extremely high-priced.

I agree too that its a shame that things often cost so much that it keeps us from being able to do more for the ones we love.

It is grievous to be forced to make a decision between money and a beloved pet (or even worse, a beloved person) but when it comes to illness, age and suffering, where do we draw the line?

If I had the thousands, I guess I would have gotten the MRI (CAT-scan?, Har-Har) for my little buddy that the vet recommended, but still, she said there wasn't much that could be done. But I could've had more faith and been more sensitive to him in his situation, not been so selfish in my own care for him. I let feelings of helplessness frustrate me. It wasn't his fault. I should have been more nurturing and I regret that I wasn't.

I think it goes a bit too far to spend so much on a goldfish. It was just a joke that that's true love. I once was so upset cause a guy was fishing with a living fish. He didnt listen and I walked away mad, complaining to God. He said there was more important stuff for me to worry about, like people who don't know Him.
You did what you could. Don't make such a fuzz about it. He's happy in heaven. If God cared so much He wouldn't have let them catch those fish or eaten lamb Himself. A guy once had a preaching about Pascha, how they had that lamb in their house for a week, kids playing with it and then they had to kill and eat it. You can worry all day about the last chicken you ate too, how insensitive it was. It just goes too far.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I guess it was about six months ago now that 'Karma' was put to sleep. She had kidney issues and was getting weaker by the day. She tolerated things for a while, then stopped eating and drinking. Great kitty! :)
Karma.jpg

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I was only making an example from it. What we do, or don't do, when we love someone or something, sometimes says alot.
But then what we WANT to do is often hindered by money, circumstances, or interference from other sources.
Don't forget, there's an enemy that wants to see love stalled, broken or stopped, and is always working towards that end.

I think, too, that it can look hypochritical to be very attached to one animal as a pet, but then eat another as dinner.
Sometimes the love of a pet is all some ppl have, and seeing them suffer or losing them really hurts.
Some are pets, some food, I guess.

In my case, I didn't really go get him, God sort of brought him into my life, and he adopted me, and I got pretty attached to him and his unconditional love.

I guess bc alot of times, ppl hurt us, often for no good reason, we've been hurt so we take it out on others sometimes, it's usually pretty unjustified, but maybe in pets we see a way to give and receive a kind of substitutionary love we wish we had with ppl, no deliberate hurt, no strings attached, no false accusations or condemnations.
But at the market, we just see a package of food to cook and eat.
I try to remember to pray for both. The pets and the food. And the ppl. :=D:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was only making an example from it. What we do, or don't do, when we love someone or something, sometimes says alot.
But then what we WANT to do is often hindered by money, circumstances, or interference from other sources.
Don't forget, there's an enemy that wants to see love stalled, broken or stopped, and is always working towards that end.

I think, too, that it can look hypochritical to be very attached to one animal as a pet, but then eat another as dinner.
Sometimes the love of a pet is all some ppl have, and seeing them suffer or losing them really hurts.
Some are pets, some food, I guess.

In my case, I didn't really go get him, God sort of brought him into my life, and he adopted me, and I got pretty attached to him and his unconditional love.

I guess bc alot of times, ppl hurt us, often for no good reason, we've been hurt so we take it out on others sometimes, it's usually pretty unjustified, but maybe in pets we see a way to give and receive a kind of substitutionary love we wish we had with ppl, no deliberate hurt, no strings attached, no false accusations or condemnations.
But at the market, we just see a package of food to cook and eat.
I try to remember to pray for both. The pets and the food. And the ppl. :=D:

I understand you get really attached, but to call yourself a Judas and blame yourself for not having enough faith goes a tiny bit too far.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I understand you get really attached, but to call yourself a Judas and blame yourself for not having enough faith goes a tiny bit too far.

I guess you had to be there. I could've done better.
Just feel like I abandoned him in the end, was hard-hearted, so I guess I understand a bit more, in a much smaller way, how Jesus may have felt, being so faithful and loving to ppl who abandoned him, or even betrayed him, and that's kinda how my cat must have felt those last couple days, he seemed very hurt and frail and scared and alone, I can still see the look in his eyes, he was crying, and then the last day, of euthanasia, it was just horrible, not the peaceful transition most experience, and then what happened after was a nightmare. Just an all-around horrible day, but for my part, I could've/should've done some things alot differently, and some not at all, and it would have been much better for him and everyone involved.
So I have those regrets, and deservedly so.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We had to have a cat named Tigger put to sleep to spare her from a lot of pain. She had numerous health issues and had stopped eating

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We had to have a cat named Tigger put to sleep to spare her from a lot of pain. She had numerous health issues and had stopped eating

My condolences :( It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet and especially to have to make that decision when death doesn't come to spare them on its own. How old was she?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, my sympathy, it is hard to lose them

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My condolences :( It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet and especially to have to make that decision when death doesn't come to spare them on its own. How old was she?
I'm not sure but I think about 14. That was many years ago

Top Bottom