Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/business/united-flight-passenger-dragged.html?_r=0

Most of you have probably read about this or have seen the video.

I have flown United and they DO overbook!! It's scary to get to through the airport screening and be there early enough for your flight only to start hearing announcements of overbooking. In my case they were calling names of passengers to go up to their counter and asked that they switch to a later flight. Yes, they were offered some incentive but that's not the point.

This video upsets me because the subtitles even claim that it's the man's fault for choosing not to get out of his seat. HIS SEAT.

I will never fly United again. Treating customers like that is uncalled for.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It was disturbing and I think charges should be brought and I also hope others will follow your action by not doing business with them so they know that it is not tolorated

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Boycott United Airlines, they need to be told and told very loudly that treating a passenger that way is intolerable.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I was utterly appalled by the behavior of all the officials involved and as I watched the video I could not help but fear for the type of country that we now live in that compares to the Russian communist regime where force is used on citizens. I use American Airlines mostly and appreciate being treated as a human being with respect and rights especially since when I purchase my ticket my credit card is immediately charged so if I'm paying for the seat I should have rights to that seat and not be forcibly removed by those in power. Did you see that the 4 seats that were needed were for United employees? Why can't they book their flights 3 months in advance like the rest of us do?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Kicking off a paying customer who did nothing wrong should be illegal....

I thought the action DISGUSTING.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
That is a funky way to treat somebody!

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
United Airlines new training video.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this crap is why i dont fly..i havent been on a plane since i was like 2..it just sounds like a giant hassle.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
this crap is why i dont fly..i havent been on a plane since i was like 2..it just sounds like a giant hassle.
I didn't watch the vid cause it sounded like a giant hassle lol. Is that another way of keeping my circle small? I think not flying could be tho.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Flying is really a hassle for me. First I have to be two hours before my flight, then security, then the wait, as I am a non-paying passenger and can be bumped. I am never sure whether I am going to fly as scheduled. I sit and wait until the plane is boarded waiting for my name to be called. It is taxing. Sometimes I have just bought a ticket on another airline to the chagrin of my children. But, sometimes I just don't want to deal with the hassle.Driving is a lot less stressful.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This event happened at O'Hare airport. Has anyone been there before? It's HUGE! It's a chore to get through traffic first off to even reach the airport. Then find parking or get dropped off. Then check your bags and get your boarding pass (unless you pre-printed from computer). THEN you wait in a VERY long line to go through the screening. After that, it's off to the transport system to get to your terminal. So much waiting since you have to be there 2 hours before the flight.

I can totally feel that passenger's anger.

What I wrote on FB is that the airlines have forgotten that they're in the business to service customers. It's poor business to mistreat a paying customer!! What should have happened was the guy doing the scheduling for those 4 United employees who had to be in Louisville for a flight the following day should have found THEM a different flight where there was room since no one volunteered. Inconvenience the non-paying crew. Not the paying customers.

I'm so done with United.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Inconvenience the non-paying crew. Not the paying customers.

Yep, that is how the other airlines handle it.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
United Airlines new training video.

Lol ..... ANY chance to reference AIRPLANE! :plane:
GBU :jester: Always a welcome contribution! Rep city! :=D:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I saw that whole movie. In the end he's just saying: kill me, kill me. Really feel for that man. Praying for him. It's so evil. They should throw at least that demon posessed jerk in prison. And all those people around him doing nothing. What important stuff do you have to do? He says he's a doctor. Give them your seat or just walk out and refuse to fly. Read that one guy with a family did that. They should throw that idiot in prison, not just a paid leave. Paid leave?? It's a racist. I bet he wouldn't have done that to the blonde woman in front of him.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
On a friend's thread on FB about this, someone posted the comparison of buying SuperBowl tickets and then arriving and told you can't stay seated but have to leave. I have heard of the hamburger in a restaurant one but the SuperBowl one really makes a greater impact of how wrong the airlines are in how they manage their business.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
On a friend's thread on FB about this, someone posted the comparison of buying SuperBowl tickets and then arriving and told you can't stay seated but have to leave. I have heard of the hamburger in a restaurant one but the SuperBowl one really makes a greater impact of how wrong the airlines are in how they manage their business.

That's crazy enough but I guess it makes it cheaper.
But to beat someone up is insane.
And now they don't even apologize good, no, the guy wants to sue them so they treat him like a president candidate and throw all his private stuff from 10 years ago out in the open. Drag the guy through the mud also.
Well they won't have overbook problems anymore.

Top Bottom