Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Our prayers for the families of the 44 + victims of the bombings of two Christian churches in Egypt on Palm Sunday by radical Islamic terrorists....

Christians make up about 10% of the population of Egypt (they number about 9 million) and they have lived and died with Islamic persecution for 1400 years but survive by the grace of God. SADLY, the horrible persecution many Christians suffer in Islamic nations even to this day is not publicized much in the West (perhaps fearing reporting such will make them seem anti-Islamic and perhaps even make them targets). Especially those of us who enjoy freedom of religion need to remember our brothers and sisters in Christ who suffer under oppressive persecution....

- Josiah

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Praying for Christians who are being persecuted :(

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I saw this on the local news last night and was devastated that it was treated so lightly! Our Prime Minister did state that he was sure the Egyptian gvmnt would handle it well. :( Not so sure about that.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My up most respect for our Coptic brothers and sisters in Egypt. :sad:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They have had to endure much my prayers are with them and I hope ISIS gets destroyed quickly

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So sad. :( Prayers for everyone involved. :pray:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Sunday night at our church is for prayer and worship.
Our persecuted brothers and sisters around the globe were high priority, with those being violently attacked simply for being believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, at the top of the list. They inspire us with their faith and courage, and are depending on us to continue to remember them in prayer.

Through it all, many of them are actually praying for us, because they can see how easily we can get distracted from what's most important. Even as God's saved sons and daughters, we can get tempted and drawn away, because of our freedom and abundances, and let our priorities slip.

EVERY member of our family is equally important. Lifting each other up to the throne of God in brotherly love is one thing our Saviour wants from us. It's the least we can do, in a sense. And by His amazing grace, HE is praying for us even now!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your great love. Please bless our brothers and sisters aroung the world, especially those being persecuted for the faith. Bless and protect and strengthen them, Lord, we thank you for them, by your love, for your glory, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
STAFF NOTICE:

I have cleaned up this thread since this is a Prayer and Devotion thread and some posts (and those replying) were not appropriate for this area.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Prayers for those that are left as widows and orphans as a result of these tragedies, for widowers too, and especially for those that have lost a loved one, and yet have others trying to tell them that their children, or husbands, or wives, didn't die, or in some cases, didn't ever exist.
What a horrible thing to have happen, losing your kid or husband or wife, and then having some sick, twisted soul say it didn't happen.
Prayers for them, too, as well as the other sick ones who would lie about losing a loved one. Lord, have mercy on us, in Jesus' name. Amen.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
It's all archived, in the Court of the Risen King. King Jesus. :scratchchin:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think we should also pray and ask God to save the Islamic terrorists. That is the best way to destroy them. The scripture tells us that our struggle is not against flesh and blood.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think we should also pray and ask God to save the Islamic terrorists. That is the best way to destroy them. The scripture tells us that our struggle is not against flesh and blood.

Yes one wanted to attack in the church of T.B. Joshua. He just bound that demon and the guy got saved.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Prayers for Jesus' divine intervention, and for those that are carrying the light of the Gospel into dark places, but especially for those that are victims of that false religion, both those that are carrying out their monstrosities, and especially those that are being abused by their hatred.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
STAFF NOTICE:

The prayer forum is not a debate forum. Posts that do not fit as a prayer or in a response to prayer requests will be removed.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read today in the newspaper that the church in Egypt has decided to drastically limit their Easter celebration for the sake of the safety of Christians..... How said the persecution there has lead to Christians having to limit what should be the grandest Christian celebration of all....

I read recently that the Egyptian president will be supplying government security for some of the Christian churches on Easter....

Continuing to lift up persecuted Christians everywhere..... especially at this time....

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree that it's so sad :( Continued prayers for Christians who are being persecuted!

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I haven't heard about any attacks today so that's a good sign on the celebration of the resurrection of our Savior and maybe He is reaching out to the sinful who are against our brethren over there.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Catholic & Orthodox Christians as well as various Protestant & Pentecostal Christians in Muslim lands do face some persecution and "Islamic State" is especially vicious towards Christians and "unorthodox" Muslims in any land where their agents operate.

Last edited:

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A response from the resent bus attack on Coptic Christians.

Reflection

By His Grace Bishop Angaelos, General Bishop of the Coptic Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom, on recent terrorist attacks in Egypt and elsewhere

You are Loved

27 May 2017

Once again, we find ourselves experiencing pain before which words seem insufficient. I have previously addressed victims of terrorist acts; I have addressed their families; I have even addressed those who may have had an opportunity, even in some small way, to advocate for or support those most vulnerable. This time however, I feel a need to address those who perpetrate these crimes.

You are loved. The violent and deadly crimes you perpetrate are abhorrent and detestable, but YOU are loved.

You are loved by God, your Creator, for He created you in His Image and according to His Likeness, and placed you on this earth for much greater things, according to His plan for all humankind. You are loved by me and millions like me, not because of what you do, but what you are capable of as that wonderful creation of God, Who has created us with a shared humanity. You are loved by me and millions like me because I, and we, believe in transformation.

Transformation is core to the Christian message for throughout history we have seen many transformed from being those who persecuted Christ Himself and Christians, to those who went on to live with grace. We believe in transformation because, on a daily basis, we are personally transformed from a life of human weakness and sinfulness to a life of power and righteousness. We believe in transformation because the whole message of the Cross and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is to take humanity from the bonds of sin and death to a liberation in goodness and everlasting life. Our world is certainly suffering from the brokenness of our humanity, but it is our responsibility, personally and collectively, to encourage and inspire ourselves, and all those whom we meet along our path, to a life of virtue and holiness, and the love and forgiveness of all.

This of course, is far from the reaction that many may have expected, but the Christian message is just that, to look at our world as through the eyes of God, Who loves all and Who desires that all be liberated through Him.

I grieve, certainly for those who have lost their lives, for those who mourn, and for those who will continue to be adversely affected by these tragic experiences; but I also grieve for a young man who sees it not only justifiable, but glorious, to take the lives of other young men and women, and deprive his and their families of enjoying them as they grow and mature.

No family should lose a son in this way, even if they are partially or wholly responsible for his flawed ideology. This loss might be to that ideology, to incarceration as a result of his actions and choices or, in the worst case, in taking his own life, along with others, regardless of the great cost to those left behind. In the same way, no family deserves to lose children and members who merely go about their day to enjoy their God-given right to exist, whether it be by attending a concert, taking a pilgrimage to a monastery, simply walking through city streets, or in any other way.

I also grieve for those who considered it a victory to board a bus filled with pilgrims and execute children, women and men purely for refusing to renounce their Faith, as we saw happen to Coptic Christians in Menia only yesterday.

What is increasingly obvious is that many of these attacks come about due to a loss of the meaning and comprehension of the sanctity of life, our own or that of others; so join me in praying for the brokenness of our world that causes parents to lose their children, children to lose their parents, and humankind to lose the humanity for which it was created.

What is important is not that this message be read but that it be communicated; not that it be accepted but that it be understood as another perspective; and not that it should be fully embraced, but that it may create at least a shadow of a doubt in the minds of those intent on inflicting harm and pa

Top Bottom