Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Lol I did that once with a guy who got banned on a Dutch forum and couldn't say what he thought about it anymore. Frustrating. They were highly unfair so I said: here's my password. You can use it. Hahahahahahaha all of a sudden totally different posts under my name. LOL I got banned too. Later on cf when they banned me, he didnt use that anyway, I asked the favor back. Hahahahaha I sent a lot of people pm's with his name, noone knew him, funny, they didn't trust it at all.

How naughty!!!! you .. you identity thief :p

:smirk:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Is the site safe from malicious viruses? :confused:

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Lol I did that once with a guy who got banned on a Dutch forum and couldn't say what he thought about it anymore. Frustrating. They were highly unfair so I said: here's my password. You can use it. Hahahahahahaha all of a sudden totally different posts under my name. LOL I got banned too. Later on cf when they banned me, he didnt use that anyway, I asked the favor back. Hahahahaha I sent a lot of people pm's with his name, noone knew him, funny, they didn't trust it at all.

I would not give my most trusted friend a password to any account - where that account was only recognized to be held by me and not joint/held by other persons. It is dangerous on so many levels. I think what you did was done in the right spirit but nevertheless very foolish. If I were staff at the site I would have banned you too - solely on the fact that extremely private information like passwords had been compromised making it more difficult to decipher who was using an account.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
This is not something new. It's been this way for years now....
I hadn't noticed it before yesterday. Hopefully all the information we have used here will not be in jeprody. I noticed on cf that the mainpage is secure but not on some sideforums. They would have only done part of the work?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I hadn't noticed it before yesterday. Hopefully all the information we have used here will not be in jeprody. I noticed on cf that the mainpage is secure but not on some sideforums. They would have only done part of the work?

Most of the information on CH is public - for example all of our posts are public so anybody may read them and if you do a google search for a quote from a post it Is likely that google will return the CH web page for the post as one of its search results. Our private information is still private. Nobody see it. It is no more vulnerable to unauthorised discovery than it would be if CH were using HTTPS instead of HTTP. But changing to HTTPS is a good idea as soon as it is possible because HTTPS helps to ensure that CH is up to date with security features and can benefit from new security innovations when they become available.

Last edited:

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
..It is no more vulnerable to unauthorised discovery that it would be if CH were using HTTPS instead of HTTP. But changing to HTTPS is a good idea as soon as it is possible because HTTPS helps to ensure that CH is up to date with security features and can benefit from new security innovations when they become available.
I hope your right that it's as secure for information as one that is stated as being more secure.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is the site safe from malicious viruses? :confused:

The site is safe. I don't know if it's even possible for someone to upload any attachment that contained a virus here. The only thing I ever question are external links. There is always the possibility of someone phishing by pretending to be from CH and having you login through their email. Never do that for any site. Always go to the site on your own.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I hope your right that it's as secure for information as one that is stated as being more secure.

The site has the same exact security it had since it began. Until the past 5 years or so all http sites had that same level of security. The https protects people MORE because of the encryption it does. When you were on CF up until the new owners you had the http security. Theology Online still has the http. More sites are converting now though.

Romanos and I spoke a bit ago and he said that the certificate will not be given free to us from the host. He will try to get in touch with the host to determine what the cost to CH will be.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hi everyone,

The error you see is due to absence of a SSL certificate which is what Google is wanting everyone to move to. There is no security risk or exploits here on CH or to the server, so do not worry. As Lämmchen said, I need to speak with the host to determine how much it will cost to acquire a certificate, as they do not come free. In regards to the comment of the Admins being scarce, I will tell you that even if our activity here on the forums isn't strong, Lämmchen and I coloborate regarding the site through phone calls throughout the week and so time still is being spent for the site. These past few months have been extremely busy for me and it seems like that for others, but we are still here. ;)

In Him,
Romanos
Executive Administrator

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What you and Lamm do is greatly appreciated

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Honestly I never even noticed it until I just read it. I'm bad though because I never log in and out everytime I come here. I just turn on my phone or pc and head here .

Top Bottom