• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 48

    Ethics & Debate Center - Thread: Are dinosaurs in the bible?

    1. #1
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      14,641
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      194,126
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (105,434 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      180,232
      Level
      89
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      95.13%
      Rep Power
      759

      Are dinosaurs in the bible?

      Do you think the bible mentions dinosaurs (not by that name of course)?

    2. #2
      brinny's Avatar
      brinny is offline Junior Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      424
      CH Cash
      1,436
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,163
      Level
      11
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.59%
      Rep Power
      13
      i always wondered if behemuth (sp) was a dinosaur....

    3. #3
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      14,922
      CH Cash
      14,479
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      41,553
      Level
      53
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.59%
      Rep Power
      642
      Birds are dinosaurs and I reckon some birds are mentioned in the bible so yes, dinosaurs are in the bible
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

      He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

    4. #4
      Alithis is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Jesus is Lord and he is coming
      back to judge in
      righteousness.
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      2,680
      CH Cash
      2,998
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,385
      Level
      22
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.13%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Do you think the bible mentions dinosaurs (not by that name of course)?
      absolutely YES .. the term dinosaur is a very young terminology for the beasts .
      and the beasts in the book of Job are without doubt such beasts also known through out the ages as dragons of varying type .

      the carvings on the temples in Asia dating back only 1600 years depict whats now called the stegosaurus and there is ever growing evidence of their coexistence with man who has ,as with so very many of the larger animals ,hunted them to extinction ,where natural disaster did not do so.

    5. #5
      Pelikan is offline Rookie Member
      In Relationship
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      35
      CH Cash
      1,323
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      202
      Level
      5
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      25.37%
      Rep Power
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by Alithis View Post
      absolutely YES .. the term dinosaur is a very young terminology for the beasts .
      and the beasts in the book of Job are without doubt such beasts also known through out the ages as dragons of varying type .

      the carvings on the temples in Asia dating back only 1600 years depict whats now called the stegosaurus and there is ever growing evidence of their coexistence with man who has ,as with so very many of the larger animals ,hunted them to extinction ,where natural disaster did not do so.
      Where are you getting that from?

    6. #6
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      14,641
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      194,126
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (105,434 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      180,232
      Level
      89
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      95.13%
      Rep Power
      759
      Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
      Where are you getting that from?
      Which section of the post are you questioning?

    7. #7
      Alithis is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Jesus is Lord and he is coming
      back to judge in
      righteousness.
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      2,680
      CH Cash
      2,998
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,385
      Level
      22
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.13%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
      Where are you getting that from?
      its easily searched under stegosaurus carvings on Cambodian temple pillars. of course evolutionists will say its not and creationist will say it is . so it comes down to a question of whom ones faith is truthfully founded in .. man - or God .
      in regard to the other beasts .. the book of job declares God speaking of these beasts and he say of them .. "which i made along with man " so if god declares that he made these beats along with man and the world says otherwise .. we again are faced with the question of whom our faith is in and whom we believe .. man - or God .

    8. #8
      ImaginaryDay2's Avatar
      ImaginaryDay2 is offline Expert Member
      Supporting Member
      49
      O Lord, You keep safe both man
      and animal.
       
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      2,637
      Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      217,298
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,794
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5%
      Rep Power
      470
      Quote Originally Posted by Alithis View Post
      its easily searched under stegosaurus carvings on Cambodian temple pillars. of course evolutionists will say its not and creationist will say it is . so it comes down to a question of whom ones faith is truthfully founded in .. man - or God .
      This assumes that all Christians are "young earth" creationists. Science and creationism are not necessarily at odds all the time.

      in regard to the other beasts .. the book of job declares God speaking of these beasts and he say of them .. "which i made along with man " so if god declares that he made these beats along with man and the world says otherwise .. we again are faced with the question of whom our faith is in and whom we believe .. man - or God .
      Again, we have to assume (based on this view of things) that "along with" means "at the same time as". It's reading meaning into something that may not be there. If I say that "various fruit trees can produce apples, along with oranges and bananas", then the context changes. It's not saying apples, oranges, and bananas grow on the same tree, it depends on the "various" qualifier.
      I Hope This HelpsTM

    9. #9
      Alithis is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Jesus is Lord and he is coming
      back to judge in
      righteousness.
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      2,680
      CH Cash
      2,998
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,385
      Level
      22
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.13%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      This assumes that all Christians are "young earth" creationists. Science and creationism are not necessarily at odds all the time.



      Again, we have to assume (based on this view of things) that "along with" means "at the same time as". It's reading meaning into something that may not be there. If I say that "various fruit trees can produce apples, along with oranges and bananas", then the context changes. It's not saying apples, oranges, and bananas grow on the same tree, it depends on the "various" qualifier.
      lol no ..it assumes we .. as children believe Gods word without attempting to stuff the infinite majesty and power of God it into the confines of our meager flawed intellects .
      if we can not take God at his word -literally ,( especially where it is beyond our comprehension which involves faith ,without which it is impossible to please god ) when he states a thing in his word .. then how can we truly be saved ? because if we cannot take him at his word in one thing he says then how can we take him at his word truthfully in anything he says .

    10. #10
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is online now Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      69
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      11,989
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,326
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,061,364 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      49,151
      Level
      56
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      78.68%
      Rep Power
      548
      Quote Originally Posted by Alithis View Post
      lol no ..it assumes we .. as children believe Gods word without attempting to stuff the infinite majesty and power of God it into the confines of our meager flawed intellects .
      if we can not take God at his word -literally ,( especially where it is beyond our comprehension which involves faith ,without which it is impossible to please god ) when he states a thing in his word .. then how can we truly be saved ? because if we cannot take him at his word in one thing he says then how can we take him at his word truthfully in anything he says .
      Truth
      Isaiah 40:31

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •