Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Romanos will soon be resetting the Arcade scores. The Arcade hasn't gotten much use and this might increase the activity level (great idea, Bill!). Site Supporters have access to the Arcade but if you aren't a site supporter you can gain access through the CH Shop.

I do not know the frequency of the resetting of the scores. I'm sure this won't be the last time :)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Romanos will soon be resetting the Arcade scores. The Arcade hasn't gotten much use and this might increase the activity level (great idea, Bill!). Site Supporters have access to the Arcade but if you aren't a site supporter you can gain access through the CH Shop.

I do not know the frequency of the resetting of the scores. I'm sure this won't be the last time :)

Lame. And of course this was Bill's idea.

No, resetting the scores and announcing they will be regularly reset will just DECREASE activity in the Arcade, as no one will bother to compete if they know their score will be wiped eventually.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

No, resetting the scores and announcing they will be regularly reset will just DECREASE activity in the Arcade, as no one will bother to compete if they know their score will be wiped eventually.
Or more will have hope and keep playing, right now it gets very little use

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Or more will have hope and keep playing, right now it gets very little use

It's a lame idea, Bill, and you know it.

It just burns you so much that I arrived here and took most of the high scores you were so proud of - that now you come up with this foolish idea suggesting it will "boost numbers" somehow by erasing people's scores. And apparently the Admin has fallen for it.

That's pretty low, if you ask me.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Other sites do this.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
For what reason?

This web-board doesn't have all that many active members. That is why there is not much activity in the Arcade - not for the reason Bill is suggesting.

He's been stewing since I started taking his high scores and was one of the first to suggest resetting it ages ago. Believe me, the old man wouldn't be suggesting it if he held most of the high scores.

It's low and it's petty.

But whatever, reset it and see. It may be just an arcade, but it's still robbing people of their achievements there to reset it.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Seems to me that Stravinsk worked hard for his records. I have very little hope of beating those scores but that doesn't discourage me from playing. I do not play because I do not like computer games very much :p

PS: the rules of the games could be changed so that the current high score holder gets some sort of reward and then his/her high score lasts only a week or a month and disappears or all the scores disappear. Maybe there can be a set day each month when rewards are allocated and scores are reset? Mind you, I do not have a dog in this race so you're free to ignore my comment.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me that Stravinsk worked hard for his records. I have very little hope of beating those scores but that doesn't discourage me from playing. I do not play because I do not like computer games very much :p

PS: the rules of the games could be changed so that the current high score holder gets some sort of reward and then his/her high score lasts only a week or a month and disappears or all the scores disappear. Maybe there can be a set day each month when rewards are allocated and scores are reset? Mind you, I do not have a dog in this race so you're free to ignore my comment.
I like it, what do you think Lamm and Romanos

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh lol I see it for the first time.
Stravinsk is champion of almost every game. Lets just reset it all and start again. Hahahahahahaha well I'm too lazy anyhow to play a game, but if all your effort is for nothing cause it gets reset, lol, why?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes lol that's rather useless.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I like it, what do you think Lamm and Romanos

This is totally up to Romanos what he wants to do with the arcade. He told me other sites do a reset every 6 months to a year. I don't know if there is a way he can keep a record of past winners?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Oh lol I see it for the first time.
Stravinsk is champion of almost every game. Lets just reset it all and start again. Hahahahahahaha well I'm too lazy anyhow to play a game, but if all your effort is for nothing cause it gets reset, lol, why?
So that there is compettion and something for people to try for and get excited about. If you know you cant beat the scores you will not play. at least this way every six months or so you get another chance, other sites do this every six months or a year and yes there is a good reason for it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

I like this idea, how about you Romanos?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
So that there is compettion and something for people to try for and get excited about. If you know you cant beat the scores you will not play. at least this way every six months or so you get another chance, other sites do this every six months or a year and yes there is a good reason for it.

That's not true. I play Tetris all the time. MarkFL holds the high score in that game but it is so astronomically high, plus he had technical privileges here it makes me think he hacked it.

Doesn't stop me from playing Tetris.

As for "resetting the scores" - you only brought this up after I started taking your high scores from you Bill. I think you are full of it. You can't beat my scores so this is your way of cheating.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
That's not true. I play Tetris all the time. MarkFL holds the high score in that game but it is so astronomically high, plus he had technical privileges here it makes me think he hacked it.

As for "resetting the scores" - you only brought this up after I started taking your high scores from you Bill. I think you are full of it. You can't beat my scores so this is your way of cheating.

http://www.christianityhaven.com/archive/index.php/t-1353.html

Was brought up ages ago when I started taking Bill's high scores. His reason is pure altruistic sounding pretense. He doesn't like me, has publicly stated he wants me banned (in a different thread) , and it just burns this old man that I whipped his butt in the arcade.

Not going to get away with your crap without me calling you out on it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Strav you beat my scores probably a year ago, so no this isnt about that but it is about all having a cjhance. You can ride roughshod through the arcade again

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Strav you beat my scores probably a year ago, so no this isnt about that but it is about all having a cjhance. You can ride roughshod through the arcade again

That's when you immediately brought up the idea of resetting to scores, so uh - yeah, it likely is.

Bill - everyone has a chance. I made those scores fair and square. I know it's only a net arcade - but I spent time (probably way too much, but nevertheless) making the scores I did. So if anyone wants to beat them - then brush up your skills in whatever game you want and beat them. They can be beat. Beat them honestly - and not just to wipe out a good and persistent player who took the time to make them.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This is no different than any other site, they do it all the time for the reasons I have given and probably a few I dont know

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
This is no different than any other site, they do it all the time for the reasons I have given and probably a few I dont know

It's easy to make claims like this one cannot verify. "Any other site" - there's a lot of websites out there.

So I did a specific google search to see what I could find: ""message board" "reset arcade scores" - it yielded nothing: https://encrypted.google.com/search...=en&q="message+board"+"reset+arcade+scores"&*

And also: webboard "reset arcade scores" which yielded: https://encrypted.google.com/search...cade#hl=en&q=webboard+"reset+arcade+scores"&*

The 3rd link is this forum. I can't find your assertion even among top search results.

[staff edit]

You enjoyed it when you were top dog for a little while before I came. So if you wanna be top dog, get cracking. Beat my scores and don't try to use some excuse - because I can see what will happen next - me, or someone like me will be barred from playing because we score too high?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The software has an option to do a scheduled pruning of scores and this means that if the option if there that someone is using it. I did a search for reset arcade scores without quotes and found other sites DO reset them.

Romanos was set to make this change but now is taking more time to think on it. Just FYI.

Top Bottom