Love Changes Things and People - Sometimes.... A bit....

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

A man share this story from his school days....

When I was in the third grade at my Lutheran school, I was naughty and not nice. My buddies and I would find every mischief and if we couldn't find any, we created it.

My teacher was Miss Kleinburg - a stout woman with an ample chest.

When I was caught being bad, she wouldn't yell at me or punish me or report me to my parents. No. She would hug me. She'd force me into her ample chest with a firm, strong, sincere hug, swaying just a bit with me in tow, and crying - literally crying - with tears rolling down her round cheeks. And she'd say, "I love you, I love you, I love you. It hurts me so very, very much when you hurt people and when you do something that could hurt you. It just so breaks my heart, because I love you, I love you, I love you." This would go on for the longest time.

Meanwhile, my face was stuck in her chest and I'd be gasping for air! Trying to wiggle myself free just enough to somehow capture a small breath, but she'd just hug me all the more, her strong arms holding me in place. FINALLY, she'd let me loose. She always thought I was crying in repentance but actually I was just trying to catch my breath. Seeing what she was sure was sorrow, she'd hug me again! Hard! Rejoicing over me!

I learned not to be bad in Miss Kleinburg's class. Partly because it broke her heart and partly because I feared an accidental death.

Our relationship with Christ is not so different. Yes, we are naughty and not nice (it's called "sin") but Jesus did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He doesn't so much yell at us or punish us or report us as He hugs us. It is His love that not only empowers us but also motivates us. Christ doesn't just love us to life. He also loves us to right.

- Josiah

Last edited:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
:rotfl: That reminds me of my 7th grade teacher who had a very:eyecrazy: ample chest. She didn't hug us with it though. LOL!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Jesus took our punishment :) I'm glad God is not angry with me and loves me enough that He gave His Son to die for me.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
:O_O:
Thanks, Brighten04 , you TOTALLY threw me off the point
of that sweet, sweet story! :=D:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Jesus took our punishment :) I'm glad God is not angry with me and loves me enough that He gave His Son to die for me.
Amen! Praise the Lord and Hallelujah thank you Jesus !!!

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
:O_O:
Thanks, Brighten04 , you TOTALLY threw me off the point
of that sweet, sweet story! :=D:

Sorry brother.:( NOT! LOL!:rofl3: . When I was reading that beautiful story, I just put myself in that poor lad's place, and imagined being hugged by my 7th grade teacher. <gasp>.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
LOL Brighten

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Sorry brother.:( NOT! LOL!:rofl3: . When I was reading that beautiful story, I just put myself in that poor lad's place, and imagined being hugged by my 7th grade teacher. <gasp>.
So did I . That's the problem! :=D: oops ;)

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

A man share this story from his school days....

When I was in the third grade at my Lutheran school, I was naughty and not nice. My buddies and I would find every mischief and if we couldn't find any, we created it.

My teacher was Miss Kleinburg - a stout woman with an ample chest.

When I was caught being bad, she wouldn't yell at me or punish me or report me to my parents. No. She would hug me. She'd force me into her ample chest with a firm, strong, sincere hug, swaying just a bit with me in tow, and crying - literally crying - with tears rolling down her round cheeks. And she'd say, "I love you, I love you, I love you. It hurts me so very, very much when you hurt people and when you do something that could hurt you. It just so breaks my heart, because I love you, I love you, I love you." This would go on for the longest time.

Meanwhile, my face was stuck in her chest and I'd be gasping for air! Trying to wiggle myself free just enough to somehow capture a small breath, but she'd just hug me all the more, her strong arms holding me in place. FINALLY, she'd let me loose. She always thought I was crying in repentance but actually I was just trying to catch my breath. Seeing what she was sure was sorrow, she'd hug me again! Hard! Rejoicing over me!

I learned not to be bad in Miss Kleinburg's class. Partly because it broke her heart and partly because I feared an accidental death.

Our relationship with Christ is not so different. Yes, we are naughty and not nice (it's called "sin") but Jesus did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He doesn't so much yell at us or punish us or report us as He hugs us. It is His love that not only empowers us but also motivates us. Christ doesn't just love us to life. He also loves us to right.

- Josiah

It is well to treat others with love and respect because you never know what kind of day someone had that made him do something wrong and it could have been anyone else in the same situation.

Top Bottom