Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
On the 4th day God created the lights in the heavens Genesis 1:1-19. I have read that the Hebrew word for star includes planets.

In just one day God created all those other stars and planets but our Earth He took His time to create. I think that makes us special. But then again I wonder about the other planets that didn't have as much time spent on them. They must not be like Earth?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They have found other Earth like planets that may be able to support life. But, like you, I believe Earth is special.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I believe it is also

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
On the 4th day God created the lights in the heavens Genesis 1:1-19. I have read that the Hebrew word for star includes planets.

In just one day God created all those other stars and planets but our Earth He took His time to create. I think that makes us special. But then again I wonder about the other planets that didn't have as much time spent on them. They must not be like Earth?

Originally and for most of human history they were known only as stars, not solid bodies floating in space.

On "what's up, or above" - the firmament:

Genesis 1:7 Water - not space.
Psalms 148:4 Water - not space.

If one reads those passages and has a hard time with them, - and still claims to be a bible believer - maybe it's time to seriously consider the flat earth model and drop the science fiction programing/entertainment.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Okay so if God took so much time creating earth into what it is and didn't take as much time elsewhere in this universe of ours then does that mean there is no other place quite like ours and the earth really is unique and we won't find true life outside our world?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Okay so if God took so much time creating earth into what it is and didn't take as much time elsewhere in this universe of ours then does that mean there is no other place quite like ours and the earth really is unique and we won't find true life outside our world?

Well, imho there is no place quite like ours to support life as we know it. But you cannot dismiss Heaven, where our Father and Jesus and the Holy angels live. There is no place like that either. But we know it is somewhere out there. So I would say that there IS true life outside of our world.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sure you can have other worlds with earth-like life.

All you need is two Mars-Venus size worlds to collide on the orbital plane of a narrow range of spectral class and mass stars to form a single new world with a double sized iron core, a thin silicate crust and an extraordinarily large moon made from all of the extra crust from both worlds.
Without that, the star will burn out, explode or periodically irradiate the planet. The world will cool and lose it's protective magnetic sphere (and then its atmosphere). The world willl wobble on its axis creating a climate of 6 months of frozen arctic night winter followed by 6 months of boiling tropic daylight summer.

From what we know about how planets form, Earth is VERY special.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Originally and for most of human history they were known only as stars, not solid bodies floating in space.

On "what's up, or above" - the firmament:

Genesis 1:7 Water - not space.
Psalms 148:4 Water - not space.

If one reads those passages and has a hard time with them, - and still claims to be a bible believer - maybe it's time to seriously consider the flat earth model and drop the science fiction programing/entertainment.

IMO, the "problem" is not with believing the Bible but rather in self.... that SELF must understand what Scripture is saying because self is just so smart. IMO, there is a tendency for people ("Bible believers" and equally "Bible disbelievers") to "read" Scripture through their OWN prism, their OWN mindset, their OWN assumptions (quite understandable, en total unavoidable).... IMO, the Bible was not intended to be or written to be a MODERN, 21st Century, geophysics textbook or biology textbook. I think it was written to be a religion/theology book. IMO, the problem is not in what the text states but in our ASSUMPTIONS, our spins, our "take" after filtering it through OUR worldview, OUR assumptions, OUR mindset (which tends to include modern science, modern concepts of numbers, modern views of reality and physics).

As yes, I agree... the same thing can just as easily cause one to insist the Earth is small, square and flat (and yes, many Christians DID insist that the Bible says exactly that until they finally realized the problem is not that the Bible is wrong but they their "take" on it was wrong; those verses weren't addressing geology or geophysics but rather GOD - stunning thing for the Bible to do)

With that, I'll duck outta here....

- Josiah

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
IMO, the "problem" is not with believing the Bible but rather in self.... that SELF must understand what Scripture is saying because self is just so smart. IMO, there is a tendency for people ("Bible believers" and equally "Bible disbelievers") to "read" Scripture through their OWN prism, their OWN mindset, their OWN assumptions (quite understandable, en total unavoidable).... IMO, the Bible was not intended to be or written to be a MODERN, 21st Century, geophysics textbook or biology textbook. I think it was written to be a religion/theology book. IMO, the problem is not in what the text states but in our ASSUMPTIONS, our spins, our "take" after filtering it through OUR worldview, OUR assumptions, OUR mindset (which tends to include modern science, modern concepts of numbers, modern views of reality and physics).

As yes, I agree... the same thing can just as easily cause one to insist the Earth is small, square and flat (and yes, many Christians DID insist that the Bible says exactly that until they finally realized the problem is not that the Bible is wrong but they their "take" on it was wrong; those verses weren't addressing geology or geophysics but rather GOD - stunning thing for the Bible to do)

With that, I'll duck outta here....

- Josiah

Our "take" on it is not wrong. Even the beloved NASA had admitted defeat as of the late 80's. You just don't know about it, because of Globe Programming:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88104main_H-1391.pdf

Read the summary, if you dare. It's a short paragraph. I quoted this in a comment on youtube and the most amazing BS excuses flowed from the globeheads.

The Globe we are shown is BS CGI and manufactured pictures and it can be proven to be so.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Our "take" on it is not wrong. Even the beloved NASA had admitted defeat as of the late 80's. You just don't know about it, because of Globe Programming:
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88104main_H-1391.pdf
Read the summary, if you dare. It's a short paragraph. I quoted this in a comment on youtube and the most amazing BS excuses flowed from the globeheads.
The Globe we are shown is BS CGI and manufactured pictures and it can be proven to be so.
You are making a joke, right? o_O

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

There's a Catholic apologist chap who went flat-earth some years back. It's an interesting study in biblical literalism.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Um, I know two people who have circumnavigated the Earth. Atlanta to a transfer in Europe, to a conference in Africa to meetings in India to another conference in South Korea to a convention in California back to Miami and Orlando respectively. At which point should they have fallen off the Earth?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Depends who you ask but no it is round

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
How far is the East from the West?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

No, I am not. However, it is a shock to many people (including myself when I first came across this), because the various lies in media are very prevalent on this subject.

This is the direct link from NASA I referenced on page 1 of this thread: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88104main_H-1391.pdf

This is the text in this link to which I refer, which is under section "Summary"

This report documents the derivation and definition of a linear aircraft model for a rigid aircraft of constant mass flying over a flat, nonrotating earth. The derivation makes no assumptions of reference trajectory or vehicle symmetry. The linear system equations are derived and evaluated along a general trajectory and include both aircraft dynamics and observation variables

Don't believe me. Click the link and read it for yourself. :)

Um, I know two people who have circumnavigated the Earth. Atlanta to a transfer in Europe, to a conference in Africa to meetings in India to another conference in South Korea to a convention in California back to Miami and Orlando respectively. At which point should they have fallen off the Earth?

The first thing that comes to the mind of someone who believes in the Heliocentric spinning earth model is what you have just described - a flat disk floating in space, with water falling off of it.

Real flat earther's do not believe this. This is what we do believe. Antarctica surrounds the earth and holds in the oceans, and it is not a separate continent:

85260329.jpg

Real flat earther's DO NOT believe the following - it is an example of a purposeful lie by the "Flat Earth Society" - do NOT go there for flat earth - they mix in lies with truth in order to discredit it:

flat-earth-society.jpg

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Stravinsk, how do flat earthers explain the "land of the midnight sun" in the north and south poles - also the land of noon time darkness in the same places for another part of the year?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Stravinsk, how do flat earthers explain the "land of the midnight sun" in the north and south poles - also the land of noon time darkness in the same places for another part of the year?

Good question. I need to establish a few things first, but I'll get to your question, so please bear with me.

In the flat earth model - the sun and moon are the same, or roughly the same size, and this is important - they are much smaller and closer than in the Heliocentric model.

When the sun "sets", from your vantage point, it is disappearing from your field of vision - your vanishing point. That being said, shouldn't it always go from large to a pinprick if it is moving away from you? This is the point where atmospheric refraction comes in. I have linked 2 videos here that show a Desert sun getting smaller and smaller - and the sun in Texas - getting BIGGER as it sets. The reasons for this is what is called atmospheric refraction - the sunset in the desert - there is less water vapor to look through as you watch the sun set - the sunset in the Texas video - there is much more water vapor present - and it is magnifying the sun - acting like a lens from your perspective. Have a look:

Desert sunset, DRY atmosphere (very little water vapor) -sun is smaller and shrinks as it moves away:

Texas sunset on a WET atmospheric day - sun is bigger and grows as it moves away:

Also an important reminder. In the FE model North is the center of the "circle of the earth", and South is the outer rim of the circle.

I need to give you this background to answer your question properly. Please note the difference in the size of the sun in the 2 videos above and how it gets smaller or larger. This is due to atmospheric refraction or the amount of water vapor over a given distance. There is also a video by Rob Skiba that explains this process in depth with a practical example. You can find it in the "NASA and Facebook Tricked You" thread. Or just type his name into Youtube and you'll find the video there as well.

Now, for the midnight sun:

In FE model - The sun spirals above a flat, circular plane. When it is summer at the North pole, the sun is spiraling above that section of the earth, giving them their very long days. When it is winter in the same region, the sun is spiraling closer to the outer rim of the circle, so that the extreme North sees no sun for days, and the extreme south has extra long days.

Last edited:

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

I've quoted this post above, and only answered half of it.

Circumnavigation on Flat Earth is circumnavigating a Circle. North is the center, the only point a compass will ever point to, not South, not East, not West - a magnetic compass needle always points North. When a pilot flies over long distance - they depend on a compass to show direction. In order to reach the same point one starts from, they would be doing a perfect circle over a flat earth.

Flat Earth - North is Center
South is Circumference (Antarctic Circle)
East - along the lines of longitude clockwise around circle
West - along the lines of longitude counterclockwise around circle

No circumnavigation of the Earth has ever been done by North -> South. ONLY East to West or West to East.

If you take a magnetic compass and follow North, you will wind up at the center.
If you take a magnetic compass and follow South, you will wind up at the Antarctic Circle.

Top Bottom