Medicinal use of herbs

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
When God created the Garden of Eden, he created all plants for the good of man. Do you use herbs medicinally ? If so which ones and what properties do they have?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
When God created the Garden of Eden, he created all plants for the good of man. Do you use herbs medicinally ? If so which ones and what properties do they have?

I have a tincture made of nettle, dandilion leaf, turmeric, alfalfa (40 ml) raspberry leaf, , peppermint, hawthorn, oat seed, mullien, peppermint (30 ml) and 120 gr of ocean greens ; alcahol base

Properties are mainly aimed at pernicious anemia but is great for just raising vitamin levels.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

What herbs do you use brighton and for what properties?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Wild plants, I have a couple books on edible ones and medicinal ones

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have a tincture made of nettle, dandilion leaf, turmeric, alfalfa (40 ml) raspberry leaf, , peppermint, hawthorn, oat seed, mullien, peppermint (30 ml) and 120 gr of ocean greens ; alcahol base

Properties are mainly aimed at pernicious anemia but is great for just raising vitamin levels.

I was checking out your tincture ingredient list. Do you make it yourself or do you buy it already made?

I like to use cayenne pepper for circulation. I buy those big containers of ground cayenne. It is easy to grow and have fresh also.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I was checking out your tincture ingredient list. Do you make it yourself or do you buy it already made?

I like to use cayenne pepper for circulation. I buy those big containers of ground cayenne. It is easy to grow and have fresh also.
I got a compound pharmacy to put it together from an herbalist handbook that I had.

Ive never tried growing cayenne. I' d like to try growing turmeric, I've heard that's easy to grow also. If there's one thing I've learnt from dealing with cancer the last 2 yrs ( I had 2 brothers die) is that turmeric and cilantro are the most important things in a diet. If you live in certain areas those ingredients are so common but overlooked in the west.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Cilantro? How so?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Interesting. I'm always a bit wary of trying different things such as medicinal herbs as I'm not sure how they'd interact with different medication I'm on, but I suppose those questions could be answered

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Interesting. I'm always a bit wary of trying different things such as medicinal herbs as I'm not sure how they'd interact with different medication I'm on, but I suppose those questions could be answered
Depends on what your needing it for. The book I have somewhere has the formula for all kinds of cures. The last one I got made quite a difference for lots of minor ailments.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It's a metal purifier. Apparently 1/4 cup for 14 days will purify the body

I use cilantro in my green juices. I have been lazy over the Winter and have not been juicing. I will start back now that the weather is warm.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what your needing it for. The book I have somewhere has the formula for all kinds of cures. The last one I got made quite a difference for lots of minor ailments.

What is the title of the book?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I use cilantro in my green juices. I have been lazy over the Winter and have not been juicing. I will start back now that the weather is warm.
Ive got carrots and everything for juicing sitting on the porch but havent started yet either lol

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Can you juice kbasi and piroghies?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I regularly use herbs in the food I prepare - in the form of spices.

Tinctures - I've made them (strong alcohol base). I currently have one of passionflower that grows in my yard.

The most recent use of a single herb to combat a problem I wrote about earlier on this board. Turmeric. I got injured at work (my finger) a number of months ago - a large chunk of flesh was removed. Went to hospital - got bandaged - but frequently when I went to change the wound dressing it would pull at the wound and start to bleed again. So I applied Turmeric directly to the wound itself (as a thick paste mixed with water). The bleeding stopped completely, and the Turmeric did not wash off in the shower - I left it on the wound. Compared to 0 applied Turmeric, the rate of healing was from my observation about twice as fast.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone used herbs in a diffusser f for inhalation therapy? I have used essential oils in a diffusser until I broke my diffuser. I use spearmint and eucalyptus oil and lavender and chamomile oil.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I regularly use herbs in the food I prepare - in the form of spices.

Tinctures - I've made them (strong alcohol base). I currently have one of passionflower that grows in my yard.

The most recent use of a single herb to combat a problem I wrote about earlier on this board. Turmeric. I got injured at work (my finger) a number of months ago - a large chunk of flesh was removed. Went to hospital - got bandaged - but frequently when I went to change the wound dressing it would pull at the wound and start to bleed again. So I applied Turmeric directly to the wound itself (as a thick paste mixed with water). The bleeding stopped completely, and the Turmeric did not wash off in the shower - I left it on the wound. Compared to 0 applied Turmeric, the rate of healing was from my observation about twice as fast.

Turmeric is good for a lot of things. It is good to recover your muscles after workout.

Top Bottom