Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Since I can't do a video just yet I wanted to quickly go over some things about Discord.

Discord is not directly linked to our site even though we have a tab above to link to it! Your username and password will not be automatically carried over to Discord. You will need to create a new account there.

Above you should see Discord Chat tab. Click on it to open Discord but you might want to right click and open in new tab to keep this open. Go through the step by step to create your account. Use your CH username or something similar so it can be approved. ALL accounts need to be approved before members can chat in there.

Once it lets you in you'll see that you're in the CH room. At the very top (since I just logged in) I see an orange bar to allow me to download the APP so I don't have to use the browser. I have done that already and found that I needed to do so to get my mic/earbuds to work.

You should be able to use your phone and have the app installed on it but I haven't tried it. As long as you have a mic and speaker of some sort it should work if you want to do voice. You don't have to do voice. You can just type.

The problems with talking is in the settings. You will find those at the lower right near your name and you'll click on the gear to get to them. I have to go to my downloaded app version to continue with this step...

When I click on that gear I can see VOICE on the far left side of the pop up. That's where I configure my mic and earbuds. There are drop downs for input and output for you to choose what is on your end and then there are volume levels as well. I have my input volume level almost maxed! When you're finished press Done.

To chat by voice you have to have someone else on at the same time and you have to be in the Voice Channels room not the Text. Make sure your mic isn't muted!

To log off of Discord, go back to that gear and at the bottom of the pop up you'll see a rectangle with an arrow pointing to the left. Click on it and Log Out.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Thanks Lammie..

Top Bottom