Joke; Warning: Possibly Incorrect Theology Present

Ackbach

Religious Affiliation
Calvinist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A Baptist man, a Pentacostal woman, and a Calvinist all die and go to the Pearly Gates to be let into heaven. Saint Peter meets them at the gates, and tells them they have to undergo an examination to make sure they are suitable for heaven. Saint Peter says, "All right, I'll take the Baptist first." So the Baptist goes into the exam room, and he's there for six hours. The Pentacostal and the Calvinist keep saying to each other, "I wonder if he's gonna make it!" But at the end, the Baptist comes out and, though tired, says, "Whew! I made it!" Turning to the Pentacostal, he says that she's next. So the woman goes into the room, and she's there for twelve hours. The Calvinist and the Baptist keep wondering if she's going to succeed, but eventually she comes out, quite tired, and says, "Whew! I made it!" Then turning to the Calvinist, she motions him in next. So the Calvinist goes into the room, and he's there twenty-four hours. The Baptist and the Pentacostal are floored by this, and keep wondering what's going to happen. At the end of it, Saint Peter comes out looking rather tired, and says, "Whew! I made it!"

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
lol

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A Baptist man, a Pentacostal woman, and a Calvinist all die and go to the Pearly Gates to be let into heaven. Saint Peter meets them at the gates, and tells them they have to undergo an examination to make sure they are suitable for heaven. Saint Peter says, "All right, I'll take the Baptist first." So the Baptist goes into the exam room, and he's there for six hours. The Pentacostal and the Calvinist keep saying to each other, "I wonder if he's gonna make it!" But at the end, the Baptist comes out and, though tired, says, "Whew! I made it!" Turning to the Pentacostal, he says that she's next. So the woman goes into the room, and she's there for twelve hours. The Calvinist and the Baptist keep wondering if she's going to succeed, but eventually she comes out, quite tired, and says, "Whew! I made it!" Then turning to the Calvinist, she motions him in next. So the Calvinist goes into the room, and he's there twenty-four hours. The Baptist and the Pentacostal are floored by this, and keep wondering what's going to happen. At the end of it, Saint Peter comes out looking rather tired, and says, "Whew! I made it!"

Oh dear! I imagine that the joke is either Calvinist irony or a poke at Calvinists from the outside.

Ackbach

Religious Affiliation
Calvinist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear! I imagine that the joke is either Calvinist irony or a poke at Calvinists from the outside.

Definitely not from the outside, hehe. Note my affiliation icon.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Definitely not from the outside, hehe. Note my affiliation icon.

I've never quite grasped what the Calvinist faith icon is supposed to be or what it is about. There's a red shield with a yellow cross and something green that looks vaguely like an anemic Christmas tree.

Top Bottom