Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you get up every morning and go through the same motions? How about after supper? Do you prefer to change your schedule?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I roll out of bed if I have to, mostly too late, then somehow I show up at the office on the automatic pilot and wake up after a cup of coffee. Never time for breakfast, have only 5 mins to get ready in which I also have to feed the bunnies.
I almost never cook and never eat at the same time. Kids don't care either if we eat at 7 or 8.
On saturday if we go to my parents it's feed time at exactly 6 o'clock or they get upset and hungry.

Last edited:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Routine? What is that? LOL. Every time I try to organize myself into some routine, I fall flat. I do have my coffee every morning. That is about as routine as I am, but even that I take at various times in the morning.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I guess I am

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm a person of routine to a certain extent. Even though I'm retired I get up anywhere in the morning from 5AM-7:30AM. That's different but then I do the same thing as always after that without fail until about 8 or 9ish and then it's different things every day.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am very much a person of routine. Which is strange because the mental health field i work in is always changing. The one thing that I change up a lot is the routes I drive to work. Usually drive a different way almost everyday.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I like changing routes on my hikes. Part of it comes from wanting to stay safe because where I used to live women were told to not do the same route for running or walking because of muggers/rapists. Isn't that awful that we have to be so aware? So I still carry that with me and change it up all the time.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you get up every morning and go through the same motions? How about after supper? Do you prefer to change your schedule?

I tend to be a creature of habit. Mostly like it that way.

I've always found it funny how folks in church tend to sit in THEIR seat every Sunday.... even park in THEIR spot. I'm among them. Now, if a guest comes and sits in MY seat, I don't yell at them, I don't throw anything at them, I don't even tell them to MOVE. But I don't like it.

- Josiah

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I like changing routes on my hikes. Part of it comes from wanting to stay safe because where I used to live women were told to not do the same route for running or walking because of muggers/rapists. Isn't that awful that we have to be so aware? So I still carry that with me and change it up all the time.

I have found a lot of good shortcuts by just wondering where a particular road goes. If I have time to be curious. I usually have an excellent sense of direction and if I go somewhere once I can get back there.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I'm a person of routine to a certain extent. Even though I'm retired I get up anywhere in the morning from 5AM-7:30AM. That's different but then I do the same thing as always after that without fail until about 8 or 9ish and then it's different things every day.

Oh, then I am so honoured that you have incorporated me into your morning routine - sort of. I know that every morning, almost without fail, you reply to my posts on the forum.

I don't necessarily do things the same way, rigidly every day. Every morning I will have my java, check forums and email, shower, dress...but not always the same way all the time. I go to work, and have a lot of flexibility with my schedule except when programs run, I must co-facilitate at the same two days/times every week for 10 weeks. I come home and make supper, but might check email first, depending on if I'm expecting a specific one. But then in the evenings, yes, it's usually the same, though bedtime changes, according to what's happening at work. I teach some Thursday evenings, and I go an hour early every Tuesday and sometimes Thursdays, depending on programs. Every Saturday morning, I clean the house... unless there's a reason not to, in which case I leave it for whenever it's convenient.

But.... I do not like change! Routines are a little flexible, but change, not so much. I am most comfortable sticking to the tried and true, the comfort of familiarity, and I am very resistant to change.

Top Bottom