Marital Status
Married
Hello, Cassia

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Hi Turtle were you on cf also? I'm not as much now as I used to be. There were too many illwilled people there instigating many to leave. The more things change the more they stay the same.

iBot

Droid Support
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
iBot welcomes you, Cassia.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Welcome! :) We are glad your here with us. :hug2:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think I just popped into a thread instead of the intro. Anyway I had a siesta from here for awhile and post now between here and cf. I'm still ~cassia~ on the 'other' forum but I changed usernames in the 11 yrs there. MaidinHisimage, Evangelica. livinforChrist were among a few of the names on that account along with many socks Meadowlark, Pilgrimage, Abigale to name a few and I even had some socks claiming to be male Incognito, Magentic, xxkingskidlmx. It was really an experience malebonding. Not sure if that's better than putting up with chauvanism lol. But it was an experience nontheless.

I only post now, for a few years now, with the name cassia tho.

Glad you are here!

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Glad you are here!

Hi Josh thank you. Are you California Joshua from cf that everyone refers to as the sola scripturist? I thought I saw that somewhere but wasn't aware that Lutheranism was sola scriptura

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi Josh thank you. Are you California Joshua from cf that everyone refers to as the sola scripturist? I thought I saw that somewhere but wasn't aware that Lutheranism was sola scriptura

Yeah.

I'm just "Josiah" everywhere else but there was already a Josiah at CF when I signed up there like 12 years ago.... so I became CaliforniaJosiah. For reasons I never understood, I got a universal nickname there: CJ.

Hum, I had many things I shared there but yes, "Sola Scriptura" was one of them. When I first went there, I was not yet Lutheran but was searching that. While I got along well with the posters and generally with the mods, there were always a handful of uber-powerful "admins" who REALLY had it out for me and repeatedly made life for me there intolerable. Like a fool, I'd keep coming back after a few months only to punched again ("hurt me once, shame on you! Hurt me twice, shame on ME!"). I actually miss a lot of the posters and people there - I just can't be active there without some admins ignoring all rules, protocol and civility and pushing me away. While I wish CH was bigger and more diverse, I like it here MUCH, MUCH better and the admins here don't seem to have some great hatred for me.

Pax Christi

- Josiah

. The famous Josiah dot developed at CF. Bugs some.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yeah.

I'm just "Josiah" everywhere else but there was already a Josiah at CF when I signed up there like 12 years ago.... so I became CaliforniaJosiah. For reasons I never understood, I got a universal nickname there: CJ.

Hum, I had many things I shared there but yes, "Sola Scriptura" was one of them. When I first went there, I was not yet Lutheran but was searching that. While I got along well with the posters and generally with the mods, there were always a handful of uber-powerful "admins" who REALLY had it out for me and repeatedly made life for me there intolerable. Like a fool, I'd keep coming back after a few months only to punched again ("hurt me once, shame on you! Hurt me twice, shame on ME!"). I actually miss a lot of the posters and people there - I just can't be active there without some admins ignoring all rules, protocol and civility and pushing me away. While I wish CH was bigger and more diverse, I like it here MUCH, MUCH better and the admins here don't seem to have some great hatred for me.

Pax Christi

- Josiah

. The famous Josiah dot developed at CF. Bugs some.

Because I'm sola scripturist I wonder what differences you encountered in becoming one that followed roted denominational answers...

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Because I'm sola scripturist I wonder what differences you encountered in becoming one that followed roted denominational answers...

Is there any sound reason or reasons to think that personal opinions or private interpretations work any better than denominational ones?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Is there any sound reason or reasons to think that personal opinions or private interpretations work any better than denominational ones?

It would be better to let Joshua answer to the experience he had. There's lots of reasons that I can think of personally such as having to either adjust or not.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It would be better to let Joshua answer to the experience he had. There's lots of reasons that I can think of personally such as having to either adjust or not.

Doctrines taught by groups of people might have an advantage because they are formed over long periods of time - longer than a single life time - and have many people contributing and critiquing the teaching rather than just one person creating personal and private doctrines.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Doctrines taught by groups of people might have an advantage because they are formed over long periods of time - longer than a single life time - and have many people contributing and critiquing the teaching rather than just one person creating personal and private doctrines.

sola scripurists are not a blank sheet. I started with a concordance and bible that I studied typology from before I knew it was typology I was studying. Not everyone who goes thru sanctification knows the terminology. Intermingled with that was a few year subscription to Charles Swindoll's free mailout ( I lived in very rural Canada at the time)

That followed with as many commentaries on the bible as I could find, including early church fathers that had commentaries relating to certain books of the bible. It was always book by book. That narrowed to a studies of individual teachings that I found to be true to my journey.

Everyone, no matter who they are, are never a solo act. Everyone stands on the shoulders of others.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
sola scripurists are not a blank sheet. I started with a concordance and bible that I studied typology from before I knew it was typology I was studying. Not everyone who goes thru sanctification knows the terminology. Intermingled with that was a few year subscription to Charles Swindoll's free mailout ( I lived in very rural Canada at the time)

That followed with as many commentaries on the bible as I could find, including early church fathers that had commentaries relating to certain books of the bible. It was always book by book. That narrowed to a studies of individual teachings that I found to be true to my journey.

Everyone, no matter who they are, are never a solo act. Everyone stands on the shoulders of others.

Okay, then what's the difference between denominational doctrines and yours - methodologically speaking?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't know if you knew Joshua on the other forum. I didn't. But I sympathise with the trouble he went thru at cf.

The best way would be to listen to the methology rather than explaining it. It's getting rarer to hear.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
@Joshua I'm still curious about the question. Or were you sola scriptura within a litergical setting. I was just wondering, you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Cassia.

Top Bottom