New to the Intro section

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I think I just popped into a thread instead of the intro. Anyway I had a siesta from here for awhile and post now between here and cf. I'm still ~cassia~ on the 'other' forum but I changed usernames in the 11 yrs there. /

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was on CF for a lifetime (it seemed!) but I don't recognize any of those usernames you posted! I was LilLamb219 and my sock was Sock of Lamb LOL

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I was on CF for a lifetime (it seemed!) but I don't recognize any of those usernames you posted! I was LilLamb219 and my sock was Sock of Lamb LOL
I don't remember you either. I first posted in the Charismatic section mostly and my first username was Citizen of the Kingdom. That was in 2006

Most of my other postings were in Deeper Fellowship. Sometimes I went to GT but not much.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
cassia I was psalms 91 and also bill16652 over there

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
lol yes I was on that thread a lot

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've seen you over at CF. Glad you decided to join us:)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I was on CF as MoreCoffee. No socks. No different nicknames. No changes of ID. Just MoreCoffee.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I was on CF as MoreCoffee. No socks. No different nicknames. No changes of ID. Just MoreCoffee.
That's quite surprising for cf. My socks formed gangs at times and went around terrorizing other forums. I blush to think of it now...

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That's quite surprising for cf. My socks formed gangs at times and went around terrorizing other forums. I blush to think of it now...

The only thing about my accounts that appears to terrorise people is that I remain the same from one forum to another. I am a Catholic Christian on them all.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The only thing about my accounts that appears to terrorise people is that I remain the same from one forum to another. I am a Catholic Christian on them all.

You didn't belong to a forum during your Protestant times?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't think I've ever even stated being Charismatic in a thread before this one. There are lots of people representing lots of denominations but I prefer to be representing the Word of God.I studied from a bible and concordance but never from anything that was an add-on to the bible. (except lots of commentaries) I usually have no idea of what anyone is talking about if it isn't scripture related.

[MENTION=60]MoreCoffee[/MENTION] Don't feel bad I 've been deemed not a christian for less reason than religion. Some things will never change.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Cassia I do not feel bad. Never do, unless I am sick. Folk saying that I am not a Christian counts for very little. They can think, say, and do as they please without making God dislike me. It never is a problem when somebody decides to condemn me. Happens all too often. Here in CH I've been consigned to hell quite often. Mainly by people who subsequently left. One or two of them may have had a medical mental illness. One cannot think too harshly of folk who type messages when they are not entirely sure of what is real and what is not.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Cassia I do not feel bad. Never do, unless I am sick. Folk saying that I am not a Christian counts for very little. They can think, say, and do as they please without making God dislike me. It never is a problem when somebody decides to condemn me. Happens all too often. Here in CH I've been consigned to hell quite often. Mainly by people who subsequently left. One or two of them may have had a medical mental illness. One cannot think too harshly of folk who type messages when they are not entirely sure of what is real and what is not.

Well, my point was that all that are Christian should be able to communicate w/o pulling out a denomination card to be able to be understood by all christians. Everyone needs to stand on Christ to have a firm foundation. So really to say one is of this or that is to play to the middleman instead of the source. To condemn someone needs to be for further reasons than that.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The realization of that came to me years ago when I was street preaching with some friends and a car drove by and asked me what I was selling. I yelled out the name of the church I was going to and my buds jumped all over me " if your not here to sell Christ then you shouldn't be here' was their mantra. I had to agree. Not the church, not the pastor we are only legitimately here as ambassadors of Christ.

Anyway on that serious note ....

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Well, my point was that all that are Christian should be able to communicate w/o pulling out a denomination card to be able to be understood by all christians. Everyone needs to stand on Christ to have a firm foundation. So really to say one is of this or that is to play to the middleman instead of the source. To condemn someone needs to be for further reasons than that.

Telling others that you are, for example, a Pentcostal is no cause for shame nor does it make me (I cannot speak for others) prejudge you or decide in advance what you MUST believe (as if I would know without asking you first). I take people as I find them. If they are good people their denominational or church affiliation does not matter. If they act like jerks then it doesn't matter what they profess about God they are being jerks. Most people are a mixture. Sometimes good and sometimes they act like jerks. Take them as you find them. Read their posts with care if you intend to respond. That is all one can reasonably ask in a chat forum like this. We cannot hear tone of voice, nor see facial expressions, nor notice gestures and postures so in the end all we have to go by is what is written in their posts. That is okay with me. I rarely delve into people's private business. I even less often try to analyse their unwritten motives. What is a surprise in here is how often people read a bit of what I write or read it all and reach spruious conclusions and then accuse me of wrong doing. But in the end I do not much care if they want to do that. It is not something that harms me. It may make participation in CH unpalatable or impossible but that is not a great thing is it?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Telling others that you are, for example, a Pentcostal is no cause for shame nor does it make me (I cannot speak for others) prejudge you or decide in advance what you MUST believe (as if I would know without asking you first). I take people as I find them. If they are good people their denominational or church affiliation does not matter. If they act like jerks then it doesn't matter what they profess about God they are being jerks. Most people are a mixture. Sometimes good and sometimes they act like jerks. Take them as you find them. Read their posts with care if you intend to respond. That is all one can reasonably ask in a chat forum like this. We cannot hear tone of voice, nor see facial expressions, nor notice gestures and postures so in the end all we have to go by is what is written in their posts. That is okay with me. I rarely delve into people's private business. I even less often try to analyse their unwritten motives. What is a surprise in here is how often people read a bit of what I write or read it all and reach spruious conclusions and then accuse me of wrong doing. But in the end I do not much care if they want to do that. It is not something that harms me. It may make participation in CH unpalatable or impossible but that is not a great thing is it?
I find fellowship to be a lot like prayer. It's surprising what can happen when you persevere.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The realization of that came to me years ago when I was street preaching with some friends and a car drove by and asked me what I was selling. I yelled out the name of the church I was going to and my buds jumped all over me " if your not here to sell Christ then you shouldn't be here' was their mantra. I had to agree. Not the church, not the pastor we are only legitimately here as ambassadors of Christ.

Anyway on that serious note ....

I never think of myself as selling anything. Jesus does not need people to sell him. He is God, he already knows and loves the people that are hearing the gospel message. He came into the world to save sinners so he knows that they sin and he loves them anyway. He died for their benefit to bring them home to the Father and the Spirit in his body. So I think of gospel preaching as calling to those who are being made ready "come home, come to the Lord and find rest from all your troubles and burdens" The rest that Jesus gives is not a product that can be sold. It is grace that is given. It awakens faith and turns the mind and heart around so that the wicked stop loving sin and start loving God, serving him, and one another. That is what fellowship is about. Beinng God's children, servants, and ambassadores helping one another and callinng others to return to their home with the Father. The parable about the prodigal, his brother, and the Father is an object lesson in this.

Top Bottom