Nostalgia

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The crazy memories are romantisized because of the feelings associated with them. Every once in awhile, to come to a breakthru then those memories are seen as building blocks but the breaking thru was painful. Plateaus reached are like a shocked trance until all those painful experiences are brought to the Present, all that's truly owned is this moment right now . Then the joyful experience of climbing begins again until the next plateau is reached. The joy stays with us but the pain that we'd rather leave behind needs sifting and assimulating ... such is life.
Really nice assessment, Cassia.
I wish my distant memories werent all bad though, and even some recent ones that I would consider really good seem to be finding a way to be tinged with sadness lately. The attacks intended to bring me down, rob my joy, even kick me while I'm down, both by the world and even some professing christians, have been relentless.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I agree. Such is life. And we laugh when we look back. It is strange how it looks funny in hindsight. But it was not funny when we were going through it.
I was posting when this popped in. :) I'd agree normally, but lately has been anything but normal. Cant even find too much funny in hindsight or foresight. I try to put it there for others ... But dont get a whole lot in return, and cant get it within myself. Aaahhh ...

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I know what you mean. But what you have is called the blues. It's temporary. But the feeling is real.
Hi ... Thx, but I almost wish it were so. Blues I can get out on the guitar or harp or even piano. It's a bit deeper than a feeling. There's been some real fiery darts thrown my way from a number of directions.

And one thing I'm discovering, but it's real subtle, is the depression that can take hold from being on sites like this, because even if you're not being fed or edified, there's still that sense of coming back with hopes it WILL satisfy, because at times it does, but there's thousands of unhappy ppl out there, and that bleeds out through the anonimity and deceit in alot of chatforums.

And if you're upbeat or trying to share good news, some ppl resent it, and if they cant find their own true happiness, the next best thing is to try to rob you if yours.
Combine that with a number of other issues, and yeah, blues is looking up, lol.

And for me, I've experienced some outright hatred, and by some, directing it right at my heart. I'm not talking about minor differences, like I think we've talked about before ... Not everyone will agree all the time, for sure. But that can pass and growth can come out of it. No, I'm talking downlow ill-will, mean-spirited hatred.

I knew when you posted about needing the Armor it had a message for me.
So thanks, at the very least, for the heads up. But you're right about it being temporary. So will the source be. And God's mercies are new every morning.
So I can still praise Him for that, and thank Him for salvation, which I know you know IS A GIFT, which no one, man or devil, can ever take away from us. So, hey, if you wanna get the enemy mad? ..... Praise the Lord!
Thx.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Hi ... Thx, but I almost wish it were so. Blues I can get out on the guitar or harp or even piano. It's a bit deeper than a feeling. There's been some real fiery darts thrown my way from a number of directions.

And one thing I'm discovering, but it's real subtle, is the depression that can take hold from being on sites like this, because even if you're not being fed or edified, there's still that sense of coming back with hopes it WILL satisfy, because at times it does, but there's thousands of unhappy ppl out there, and that bleeds out through the anonimity and deceit in alot of chatforums.

And if you're upbeat or trying to share good news, some ppl resent it, and if they cant find their own true happiness, the next best thing is to try to rob you if yours.
Combine that with a number of other issues, and yeah, blues is looking up, lol.

And for me, I've experienced some outright hatred, and by some, directing it right at my heart. I'm not talking about minor differences, like I think we've talked about before ... Not everyone will agree all the time, for sure. But that can pass and growth can come out of it. No, I'm talking downlow ill-will, mean-spirited hatred.

I knew when you posted about needing the Armor it had a message for me.
So thanks, at the very least, for the heads up. But you're right about it being temporary. So will the source be. And God's mercies are new every morning.
So I can still praise Him for that, and thank Him for salvation, which I know you know IS A GIFT, which no one, man or devil, can ever take away from us. So, hey, if you wanna get the enemy mad? ..... Praise the Lord!
Thx.
The thing about forums is that it is like a chat that has a flow of conversation. If the blues is the topic that's what people are talking about. And everyone has an opinion. The onemindedness is not a bad thing. I think I can speak for everyone in saying if we didn't love you we wouldn't bug you.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I'm kinda sorta waiting for the conviction associated with catching the guiltball. That's a throwback to churchinese. :-_-:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree. Such is life. And we laugh when we look back. It is strange how it looks funny in hindsight. But it was not funny when we were going through it.

It was monstrous, but when you forgive and forget it all, you only remember the fun things.
My sons sometimes ask why we divorced. Oh I put salt in your dad's coffee instead of sugar and then he said: out you! Lolol then they told that to another kid. I really did that once by mistake lol years ago.
Just make fun of everything and see the fun in everything. Keeps you happy.
Jewish people still have the best comedians after all they've been through.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

I have seen what you say. Some people take pleasure in just being mean to others. Try to ignore them and don't let them steal your Joy.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
It was monstrous, but when you forgive and forget it all, you only remember the fun things.
My sons sometimes ask why we divorced. Oh I put salt in your dad's coffee instead of sugar and then he said: out you! Lolol then they told that to another kid. I really did that once by mistake lol years ago.
Just make fun of everything and see the fun in everything. Keeps you happy.
Jewish people still have the best comedians after all they've been through.
Ok, but then why did...why the .....?
What the .....?
Why did you ......?
How can you say th .....?
And then b .....?
Aarrgghh ..... Mmmllllmmnnbrrrrdrrrrgggrrrrrphh..... Aaarrrggghhh!!!

*Snerfle is banging his gnomelven little head
against his big old kjv study bible.
(The soft-cover one, not the hardback.
Snerfle may be an idiot, but he's no fool)
My brain hurts.
Oy vay :boom:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ok, but then why did...why the .....?
What the .....?
Why did you ......?
How can you say th .....?
And then b .....?
Aarrgghh ..... Mmmllllmmnnbrrrrdrrrrgggrrrrrphh..... Aaarrrggghhh!!!

*Snerfle is banging his gnomelven little head
against his big old kjv study bible.
(The soft-cover one, not the hardback.
Snerfle may be an idiot, but he's no fool)
My brain hurts.
Oy vay :boom:

Huh?:confused: What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I'm kinda sorta waiting for the conviction associated with catching the guiltball. That's a throwback to churchinese. :-_-:
Churchinese? I thought you were Canadian. :slap:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Huh?:confused: What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?
No, no, it's not that, it's just that I'm speechless, I don't know what to say, words fail me, I simply can't articulate, mere utterances don't do it justice, absolutely flabbergasted and dumbfounded, not a whisper, nope, yeah, cat got my tongue. •.•

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No, no, it's not that, it's just that I'm speechless, I don't know what to say, words fail me, I simply can't articulate, mere utterances don't do it justice, absolutely flabbergasted and dumbfounded, not a whisper, nope, yeah, cat got my tongue. •.•

:rofl3: There he is! My Snerfle!

Top Bottom