Careers - would you change?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yes, definitely. I'd have gone into the music business - mixing and editing. Somehow I had it in my mind that if I wasn't great at playing any instrument, then a music career was out. It never dawned on me at the time all of the 'behind the scenes' careers I could have pursued. Not only did I enjoy the music, but the different sounds, textures, and mixes.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, definitely. I'd have gone into the music business - mixing and editing. Somehow I had it in my mind that if I wasn't great at playing any instrument, then a music career was out. It never dawned on me at the time all of the 'behind the scenes' careers I could have pursued. Not only did I enjoy the music, but the different sounds, textures, and mixes.

Do you do anything with music (behind the scenes) now? I sing in church. That is the stage our Father has given me.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you do anything with music (behind the scenes) now? I sing in church. That is the stage our Father has given me.

This is an interesting exchange. My wife sings in church, and people often ask me if I sing too. I'm not sure why they'd assume I sing just because she sings, but they do. I usually say I don't sing in front of microphones, primarily for humanitarian reasons. Other times I note that the Geneva Convention has clauses prohibiting that sort of thing... But I can work the sound board, so I'm not totally useless where music is concerned :)

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This is an interesting exchange. My wife sings in church, and people often ask me if I sing too. I'm not sure why they'd assume I sing just because she sings, but they do. I usually say I don't sing in front of microphones, primarily for humanitarian reasons. Other times I note that the Geneva Convention has clauses prohibiting that sort of thing... But I can work the sound board, so I'm not totally useless where music is concerned :)

:rofl3: Humanitarian reasons!

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

There's some sort of ban on weapons of mass destruction, right?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Not at all. I still enjoy the intricacies of great music, though. And I enjoy several genres of music

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Not at all. I still enjoy the intricacies of great music, though. And I enjoy several genres of music
Hear hear!!
I'm with you on that vocal weapon. But I love to belt out some of our worship music, so Im glad it's a pretty big church, and on Sunday night, it's not a full house, so I like to stand near the back, the lighting is more subdued there, too, and there's an overhang, and the place has good acoustics and soundsystem, so Im a little less shy back there to sing to the Lord and try to get my voice to blend in. We have some great worship leaders and talented musicians, and some really great voices in the pews as well, so it's easy to be inspired.

I'm so mad at myself for ruining what might have been a minor career in music if I hadnt been such a waste and stuck with it from 40 years ago on. (Wow yeesh)
My heart is still with it, but the industry has changed so much, computers and all that. I'm hoping to find some things I can do at home to exercise my voice and get a keener ear, so I can sing wherever without offending anyone or feeling like I have to hold back. Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive all honor and PRAISE! That's our Jesus, that's our Saviour, that's our God!
GBU !

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Top Bottom