Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Thursday 15th June 2017

Morning

The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us. Deut. 29:29

LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. Psa. 131:1, 2

The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him: and he will shew them his covenant. Psa. 25:14

There is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets. Dan. 2:28

Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? Job 26:14

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth. John 14:15-17​

Evening

The Spirit ... maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Rom. 8:27

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:23, 24

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit. Eph. 6:18

This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. I John 5:14, 15

This is the will of God, even your sanctification. I Thess. 4:3

God hath ... called us ... unto holiness: ... who hath also given unto us his Holy Spirit. I Thess. 4:7, 8

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. I Thess. 5:16-19​

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Friday 16th June 2017

Morning

See that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the times because the days are evil. Eph. 5:15, 16

Take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law.... to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul. Josh. 22:5

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. Col. 4:5, 6

Abstain from all appearance of evil. I Thess. 5:22

While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. Matt. 25:5, 6, 13

Brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure; for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall. II Pet. 1:10

Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching. Luke 12:37​

Evening

Hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Rev. 3:11

If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. Matt. 9:21

Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. I will; be thou clean. Matt. 8:2, 3

Faith as a grain of mustard seed. Matt. 17:20

Cast not away . . . your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. Heb. 10:35

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Phil. 2:12, 13

First the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. Mark 4:28

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD. Hos. 6:3

The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Matt. 11:12

So run, that ye may obtain. I Cor. 9:24

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day. II Tim. 4:7, 8​

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Saturday 17 June 2017

Morning

In every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests he made known unto God. Phil. 4:6

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. Psa. 116:1, 2

When ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matt. 6:7

The Spirit ... helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Rom. 8:26

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. I Tim. 2:8

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. Eph. 6:18

If two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Matt. 18:19​

Evening

All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee. Psa. 145:10

Bless the LORD, O my SOUL and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Psa. 103:1, 2

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psa. 34:1

Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Psa. 145:2

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips. Psa. 63:3-5

My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Luke 1:46, 47

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Rev. 4:11​

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sunday 18th June 2017

Morning

Thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark, and there I will meet with thee. Exo. 25:21, 22

The way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest. Heb. 9:8

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. Matt. 27:50, 51

Having ... brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; ... let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Heb. 10:19, 20, 22

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb. 4:16

Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation [mercy seat] through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. Rom. 3:24, 25

Through him we . . . have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Eph. 2:18​

Evening

Faith as a grain of mustard seed. Matt. 17:20

Barak said unto [Deborah I, if thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go. God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan. Jud. 4:8, 23

Gideon ... feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day... did it by night. And Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said.... let me prove, I pray thee. And God did so. Jud. 6:27, 36, 39, 40

Thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Rev. 3:8

Who hath despised the day of small things? Zech. 4:10

We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly. II Thess. 1:3

Lord, increase our faith. Luke 17:5

I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon. Hos. 14:5, 6​

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Monday 19th June 2017

Morning

Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. Heb. 12:14

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

There shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth. Rev. 21:27

There is no spot in thee. Song 4:7

Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy. Lev. 19:2

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: but as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear. I Pet. 1:14-17

Put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and ... put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Eph. 4:22-24

He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love. Eph. 1:4​

Evening

Gold tried in the fire. Rev. 3:18

There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. Mark 10:29, 30

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you. I Pet. 4:12

Now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. I Pet. 1:6, 7

The God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. I Pet. 5:10

In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33​

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I had a fall this morning out by my mail box, the grass was wet and slippery and the ground is steeply sloped so I lost my footing and fell onto the driveway landed on my posterior and momentum carried me over onto my back - I didn't hit the ground with my head. I was okay for a few hours but then the upper middle back and the lumbar area got sore, probably due to the suddenness of the stop when hitting the ground, so now I am being careful about movement to help the pain subside - which it has. I am telling you this to explain why I didn't do this thread in the morning.

Sorry

Tuesday 20th June 2017

Morning

Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. Exo. 2:9

Go ye ... into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. Matt. 20:4

Whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward. Mark 9:41

The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. Prov. 11:25

God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love.... in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Heb. 6:10

Every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. I Cor. 3:8

Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them.... Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. Matt. 25:37, 38, 40, 34​

Evening

Thou compassest my path and my lying down. Psa 139:3

Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not. And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven. Gen. 28:16, 17

The eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. II Chron. 16:9

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only, makest me dwell in safety. Psa. 4:8

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. Psa. 91:9-11

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Prov. 3:24

So he giveth his beloved sleep. Psa. 127:2​

Top Bottom