Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you think the holidays brings couples together or pushes them apart? Or does it not make a difference?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Depends, there can be more stress at the holidays or else wecan sit back and enjoy them

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Depends. If the relationship is good they get together. Otherwise it explodes like the firework.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you think the holidays brings couples together or pushes them apart? Or does it not make a difference?

I can see potential for lots of issues if one spouse has a particularly troublesome relative who they insist on inviting, despite everybody knowing that this one person will spoil the day for everyone else and add to an already stressful situation.

My wife and I typically keep Christmas pretty low-key. In many ways it feels like a constant anticlimax but we're both pretty sick of the relentless social expectations to have a huge gathering in which everything is perfect in every way yet without creating any mess to be cleared up afterwards. The way the movies present Christmas you'd think that it was possible to create an extended family without a single troublesome great aunt and that all the washing up and cleaning up was mysteriously done by elves so that nobody had to interrupt the perfect fun.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

It's good and it's fun to share important things together.

And yes, it's important to remember we're not self but we're one. In other words, it's not her and me but rather us. Feels good (and sexy) to act and feel accordingly.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Christmas to New years is usually stressful because the house is full of relatives who don't know when to leave. My grandfather use to say that relatives and fish start to smell after three days LOL

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Christmas to New years is usually stressful because the house is full of relatives who don't know when to leave. My grandfather use to say that relatives and fish start to smell after three days LOL

I'm the relative that is eager to leave :D LOL Even though we go back "home" where we used to live, I still don't like to be far away from where I currently live so whenever we travel I'm always looking forward to returning.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm the relative that is eager to leave :D LOL Even though we go back "home" where we used to live, I still don't like to be far away from where I currently live so whenever we travel I'm always looking forward to returning.

We don't go anywhere interesting usually. I wouldn't mind it if it is a day or two but after three or four I am ready to come home.

Top Bottom