Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      7.5%
      This flat earth crap is so stupid that it doesn’t even deserve consideration.

MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by Stravinsk View Post
      Garbage that gullible people believe. Take any object of fixed weight and test your theory using the same scale and elevation (say, at sea level) and you'll find it weighs neither more nor less wherever you go.
      LOL, I happen to be a relative with the world renown scientist who has been researching the known reality that gravity is heavier in this location. Since I know this scientist quite well, I will trust him over you. But, you are free to disagree with science. Just look in the mirror when you call someone gullible.
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.spa...map-geoid.html

Stravinsk is offline Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
      Widow/Widower
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (14,625 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.46%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      LOL, I happen to be a relative with the world renown scientist who has been researching the known reality that gravity is heavier in this location. Since I know this scientist quite well, I will trust him over you. But, you are free to disagree with science. Just look in the mirror when you call someone gullible.
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.spa...map-geoid.html
      A world renown astrophysicist claims the earth is oblate and pear shaped, but the degree of which is so small that we can't actually see it in all those phony photos NASA has been pumping out all these years of perfect spheres where continents grow and shrink, the dark side of the moon passes in front of a sunlit side earth (lololololzzz) and other crap passed off as "science". His name is Neil Degrasse Tyson.

You are stranger on an MB making an appeal to authority of some unnamed scientist claiming special knowledge, and then applying the trusted knowledge across the whole spectrum of the "globe" as if it somehow applies. And apparently, that's enough for you and for some others. Cool. To me, it's a reach if I ever saw one.

But let's for a moment consider your "world renowned" unnamed scientist's claims to be true. Given whatever criteria he used or considered in coming to his conclusion, these criteria should apply wherever they are found on the earth, to whatever extent they match the given criteria, to the same, or lesser or greater degrees. This is the proof you need to effectively disarm the meme.

But alas. An object of fixed weight at a given elevation (and most elevations close to the earth) does not change over the multiple places on earth where we could test them. Otherwise, weights and scales would be pretty much meaningless, and EVERYONE WOULD KNOW that "gravity differs" depending on where you are.

Oh wait. I'm gullible because I thought it through instead of taking the word of some unnamed (or named) authority. Gotcha.

MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.23%
      A world renown astrophysicist claims the earth is oblate and pear shaped, but the degree of which is so small that we can't actually see it in all those phony photos NASA has been pumping out all these years of perfect spheres where continents grow and shrink, the dark side of the moon passes in front of a sunlit side earth (lololololzzz) and other crap passed off as "science". His name is Neil Degrasse Tyson.

You are stranger on an MB making an appeal to authority of some unnamed scientist claiming special knowledge, and then applying the trusted knowledge across the whole spectrum of the "globe" as if it somehow applies. And apparently, that's enough for you and for some others. Cool. To me, it's a reach if I ever saw one.

But let's for a moment consider your "world renowned" unnamed scientist's claims to be true. Given whatever criteria he used or considered in coming to his conclusion, these criteria should apply wherever they are found on the earth, to whatever extent they match the given criteria, to the same, or lesser or greater degrees. This is the proof you need to effectively disarm the meme.

But alas. An object of fixed weight at a given elevation (and most elevations close to the earth) does not change over the multiple places on earth where we could test them. Otherwise, weights and scales would be pretty much meaningless, and EVERYONE WOULD KNOW that "gravity differs" depending on where you are.

Oh wait. I'm gullible because I thought it through instead of taking the word of some unnamed (or named) authority. Gotcha.
      Yes...you are incredibly gullible. Look in the mirror and remind yourself as often as possible. I find you humorous. Continue please.

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.17%

I think its flat and round at the same time.

...like a penny

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.72%
      It's not flat. Didnt know you could see that from mount Everest.
      https://www.boredpanda.com/ever-wond...st-looks-like/

Widow/Widower
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (14,625 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.46%
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      It's not flat. Didnt know you could see that from mount Everest.
      https://www.boredpanda.com/ever-wond...st-looks-like/
      Compare the photo you linked to the still of the so called ISS footage in the post that precedes yours. Does the curve become more prominent at a lower elevation than at one many times that, or shouldn't it be the other way around?

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.17%
      Compare the photo you linked to the still of the so called ISS footage in the post that precedes yours. Does the curve become more prominent at a lower elevation than at one many times that, or shouldn't it be the other way around?
      What about the moon and the Earths round shadow on it? What is the flat earth explanation? Not patronizing you im just asking a question

Widow/Widower
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (14,625 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.46%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      What about the moon and the Earths round shadow on it? What is the flat earth explanation? Not patronizing you im just asking a question

First, you should notice one thing. Once a month (that is, once a lunar month) during a half moon, there is no curve. The dark portion of the moon is marked by a straight line.

Now as for shadows:

The object which casts a shadow must by definition be blocking, to a greater or lesser degree, the light that would otherwise illuminate the shadowed object. The earth is not translucent, anything that is shadowed by it should be dark, as in the heliocentric model there is only 1 light source to give light on the earth - the sun. The stars give light but only enough to be seen, not to illuminate earth.

Have you ever looked at a half or quarter moon during the day? How is it you can see blue sky in the section that is said to be shadowed by the earth?

I notice elsewhere on this forum you have stated you believe in the whole bible. I get a lot of flack (in general on the net) for not believing Saul/Paul, or for only holding to two gospels (Matthew and John), but many of those who claim to believe the bible show through their statements that on various points, that is a pretense. I'm not saying you are, but this brings me to the following question:

Genesis, 1st chapter:
      On the 4th day, how many great lights did God make? 1 or 2?
      If the moon is merely a reflector, then God only made 1.

Most flat earthers believe the moon has it's own light. This idea is expressed in various places in the bible also.

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.72%
      It looks photoshopped. Cant see it on any other pic or video from Mt Everest.