NASA and Facebook tricked you

kiwimac

Religious Affiliation
Utrecht
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
Let's deal with temperature first. The heat of the day is primarily due to how long it takes things to heat up. Just before daybreak is usually the coldest part of the day because it's had all night to cool. At noon, yes, the light is hitting more directly and the heat from it is most intense. It's getting warmer most quickly at this time, however, despite that, it's not the hottest part of the day. Rather, it's usually mid-afternoon, before sundown, that a given area sees its highest temperature, because it's been warming all day. As well, because the angle of the Sun in relation to the point on ground where you are standing changes as the Earth rotates. As well our atmosphere scatters and absorbs sunlight. The more air the light from the Sun has to travel through, the less of it makes it to you on the ground. Less sun light, less energy, lower temperature. You can observe this scattering effect by noting that the colour of the Sun’s light changes throughout the day from red to blue/white to red. The same thing happens due to the Earth’s tilt in summer and winter. In summer the Sun’s light is more directly overhead than in winter. More atmosphere, less makes it to the ground. Add to that, that for a fixed point on the ground the distance to the Sun changes as the Earth rotates/orbits the Sun. That also changes the amount of energy we get. You can observe this drop off of energy according to distance when driving at night. The headlights of an oncoming car get brighter as it approaches you.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Let's deal with temperature first. The heat of the day is primarily due to how long it takes things to heat up. Just before daybreak is usually the coldest part of the day because it's had all night to cool. At noon, yes, the light is hitting more directly and the heat from it is most intense. It's getting warmer most quickly at this time, however, despite that, it's not the hottest part of the day. Rather, it's usually mid-afternoon, before sundown, that a given area sees its highest temperature, because it's been warming all day. As well, because the angle of the Sun in relation to the point on ground where you are standing changes as the Earth rotates. As well our atmosphere scatters and absorbs sunlight. The more air the light from the Sun has to travel through, the less of it makes it to you on the ground. Less sun light, less energy, lower temperature. You can observe this scattering effect by noting that the colour of the Sun’s light changes throughout the day from red to blue/white to red. The same thing happens due to the Earth’s tilt in summer and winter. In summer the Sun’s light is more directly overhead than in winter. More atmosphere, less makes it to the ground. Add to that, that for a fixed point on the ground the distance to the Sun changes as the Earth rotates/orbits the Sun. That also changes the amount of energy we get. You can observe this drop off of energy according to distance when driving at night. The headlights of an oncoming car get brighter as it approaches you.

Let's deal with temperature first.

Ok. Does this mean you will deal with the video in the OP and Skiba's video next?

The heat of the day is primarily due to how long it takes things to heat up. Just before daybreak is usually the coldest part of the day because it's had all night to cool. At noon, yes, the light is hitting more directly and the heat from it is most intense. It's getting warmer most quickly at this time, however, despite that, it's not the hottest part of the day. Rather, it's usually mid-afternoon, before sundown, that a given area sees its highest temperature, because it's been warming all day.

Granted that "noon" is not Midday as a region will get more or less hours of sunlight depending on where it is and at what time of year, I accept this explanation. Even past Midday (defined strictly by the midpoint of the daylight hours), this is correct, and for the reasons you say. I may have erred in my terms but not in how they are applied to the model that you believe.

The diameter of Ball Earth is said to be 7,917.5 miles. In terms of distance of Ball Earth to an object outside of it this distance of 7,917.5 miles represents a straight line through the center of the earth from one side to another - a full 180 degrees. To illustrate this further take any point on Ball Earth that is nearest to another celestial body, then run a straight line through the center of Ball Earth to the opposite side of it. The point on the other side will be exactly 7,917.5 miles further away from that celestial body than the original point.

In the context we are discussing, however, the distance covered is less than this, as we are only including 25% of a 24 hour period - the point between sunrise to Midday, or Midday to sunset for a given region.

In the heliocentric model the sun is about 93 million miles away.

Given any point on the earth closest to the sun (about 23.4 degrees off the Equator per the "tilt") the distance from sunrise to Midday or Midday to sunset is going to be 1979.375 miles, or 1/4 of the diameter of the Earth.

Percentage of complete diameter of the earth to distance of the sun (7,917.5 miles to 93 million miles) = 0.008513440860215054%. About 8/1000ths of 1 percent.

Of the area we are actually talking about:

Percentage of 25% of the diameter of the earth to distance of the sun (1979.375 miles to 93 million miles) = 0.0021283602150537636%. About 2/1000ths of 1 percent.

----------------------------------------

All of this to give you a clear indication of the relative distances we are talking about for the temperature ranges involved for a single day.

Now let's travel to our nearest celestial body according to heliocentric theory - the moon at the given distance of 238,900 miles. Are you beginning to grasp the temperature problems at hand? If a mere 2,000 miles represents the spectrum of temperature on a summer day's heat (or lack thereof in winter), then what would it be at 4000? 8000? 16,000? 32,000 closer or farther? And what about at 238,900?

Even if one supposes that the Earth's atmosphere "traps" the heat for a limited period causing an increase over this period, this accumulating rise in temperatures doesn't come close to the temps that would be experienced at much closer or father distances from the sun without the "trapping" effect. Start the distance at the place where Earth is coldest and move the Earth just 10,000 miles further from the sun. The whole Earth would be frozen. Or start from our distance and move the Earth 10,000 miles closer to the sun - everything is melted and no life exists here.

When temps are taken into account the "science" that says we went to the moon (or Mars) or even that we could begin to approach them by a tiny fraction of the stated distances without melting or freezing is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Hover boards in theory should be in constant movement on its own and not so stationary if the earth is rotating... Anyone have a hover board?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

kiwimac

Religious Affiliation
Utrecht
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
1: We have been to the moon.
2: The Earth is a sphere rotating about it's primary (the Sun) which also rotates about the Galactic centre.
3: The Earth cannot be flat as simple physics shows it cannot.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
2: The Earth is a sphere rotating about it's primary (the Sun) which also rotates about the Galactic centre.
The Sun I heard revolves around Alcion and Alcion revolves around some other star.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

24178170_195683727670987_8974188453931515904_n.jpg

21568929_2052269308339178_680199923492192256_n.jpg

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Answering the bottom meme...gravity is not the same everywhere on earth. In fact, if you come to Minnesota and stay in the Twin Cities you are in a place that has a stronger gravitational pull than other places. This is due to rock formations running beneath the surface from Lake Superior down to about the Iowa/MN border along I-35. That is one of the many reasons why I cannot dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim.

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I wish that a flat earther would fly a rocket into space and take pictures of the disc earth. I wonder what is on the other side of the coin.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I wish that a flat earther would fly a rocket into space and take pictures of the disc earth. I wonder what is on the other side of the coin.

The earth is not proven to be a disc or a globe from photography. Nasa "photos" are provably frauds where continent sizes change, clouds don't morph or move, and not even the correct amount of sunlight hits them. Not even the "experts" can agree on what kind of "ball" it is - first it's a perfect sphere, then it's "oblate" then it's somewhat pear shaped.

That is the first clue that the so called "authorities" don't know either.

We simply have not been to "space". As the OP video shows, that footage is garbage too. Not only is the footage garbage, but for a variety of other reasons we simply cannot go to space. Heck, a Nasa spokesman has said we "lost the technology to go to the moon!"

And there are a lot of people who are really gullible and dumb enough to believe that. Some of them are on this MB. Are you one?

As for the AE or disc map - I have promoted the AE or azimuthal equidistant map on this website - but I have come to learn this map has problems just like globe earth has problems - many of them. This is one reason I have made it a point to distance myself from this model at last in this thread.

In case you are not aware, most people who believe in flat earth do not believe in "space". This hasn't changed for me either.

In complete honesty, and there is no other way I can say this that doesn't sound condescending, but if all you need are pictures I think it really bespeaks a kind of willing gullibility. In an era where computer technology and filming tricks are so convincing that we can see superman zip around the earth, a space station blow it up, King Kong terrorize a city, dinosaurs chase people around, or any other number of CGI or staged tricks, believing you live on a spinning ball simply because you have some pictures (which is implied in your post) is quite simply naive.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Answering the bottom meme...gravity is not the same everywhere on earth. In fact, if you come to Minnesota and stay in the Twin Cities you are in a place that has a stronger gravitational pull than other places. This is due to rock formations running beneath the surface from Lake Superior down to about the Iowa/MN border along I-35. That is one of the many reasons why I cannot dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim.

Garbage that gullible people believe. Take any object of fixed weight and test your theory using the same scale and elevation (say, at sea level) and you'll find it weighs neither more nor less wherever you go.

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This flat earth crap is so stupid that it doesn’t even deserve consideration.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Garbage that gullible people believe. Take any object of fixed weight and test your theory using the same scale and elevation (say, at sea level) and you'll find it weighs neither more nor less wherever you go.
LOL, I happen to be a relative with the world renown scientist who has been researching the known reality that gravity is heavier in this location. Since I know this scientist quite well, I will trust him over you. But, you are free to disagree with science. Just look in the mirror when you call someone gullible. [emoji41]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.space.com/11849-earth-gravity-map-geoid.html

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
LOL, I happen to be a relative with the world renown scientist who has been researching the known reality that gravity is heavier in this location. Since I know this scientist quite well, I will trust him over you. But, you are free to disagree with science. Just look in the mirror when you call someone gullible. [emoji41]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.space.com/11849-earth-gravity-map-geoid.html

A world renown astrophysicist claims the earth is oblate and pear shaped, but the degree of which is so small that we can't actually see it in all those phony photos NASA has been pumping out all these years of perfect spheres where continents grow and shrink, the dark side of the moon passes in front of a sunlit side earth (lololololzzz) and other crap passed off as "science". His name is Neil Degrasse Tyson.

You are stranger on an MB making an appeal to authority of some unnamed scientist claiming special knowledge, and then applying the trusted knowledge across the whole spectrum of the "globe" as if it somehow applies. And apparently, that's enough for you and for some others. Cool. To me, it's a reach if I ever saw one.

But let's for a moment consider your "world renowned" unnamed scientist's claims to be true. Given whatever criteria he used or considered in coming to his conclusion, these criteria should apply wherever they are found on the earth, to whatever extent they match the given criteria, to the same, or lesser or greater degrees. This is the proof you need to effectively disarm the meme.

But alas. An object of fixed weight at a given elevation (and most elevations close to the earth) does not change over the multiple places on earth where we could test them. Otherwise, weights and scales would be pretty much meaningless, and EVERYONE WOULD KNOW that "gravity differs" depending on where you are.

Oh wait. I'm gullible because I thought it through instead of taking the word of some unnamed (or named) authority. Gotcha.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
A world renown astrophysicist claims the earth is oblate and pear shaped, but the degree of which is so small that we can't actually see it in all those phony photos NASA has been pumping out all these years of perfect spheres where continents grow and shrink, the dark side of the moon passes in front of a sunlit side earth (lololololzzz) and other crap passed off as "science". His name is Neil Degrasse Tyson.

You are stranger on an MB making an appeal to authority of some unnamed scientist claiming special knowledge, and then applying the trusted knowledge across the whole spectrum of the "globe" as if it somehow applies. And apparently, that's enough for you and for some others. Cool. To me, it's a reach if I ever saw one.

But let's for a moment consider your "world renowned" unnamed scientist's claims to be true. Given whatever criteria he used or considered in coming to his conclusion, these criteria should apply wherever they are found on the earth, to whatever extent they match the given criteria, to the same, or lesser or greater degrees. This is the proof you need to effectively disarm the meme.

But alas. An object of fixed weight at a given elevation (and most elevations close to the earth) does not change over the multiple places on earth where we could test them. Otherwise, weights and scales would be pretty much meaningless, and EVERYONE WOULD KNOW that "gravity differs" depending on where you are.

Oh wait. I'm gullible because I thought it through instead of taking the word of some unnamed (or named) authority. Gotcha.
Yes...you are incredibly gullible. Look in the mirror and remind yourself as often as possible. I find you humorous. Continue please. [emoji41]

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Compare the photo you linked to the still of the so called ISS footage in the post that precedes yours. Does the curve become more prominent at a lower elevation than at one many times that, or shouldn't it be the other way around? :)
What about the moon and the Earths round shadow on it? What is the flat earth explanation? Not patronizing you im just asking a question

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
What about the moon and the Earths round shadow on it? What is the flat earth explanation? Not patronizing you im just asking a question

First, you should notice one thing. Once a month (that is, once a lunar month) during a half moon, there is no curve. The dark portion of the moon is marked by a straight line.

Now as for shadows:

The object which casts a shadow must by definition be blocking, to a greater or lesser degree, the light that would otherwise illuminate the shadowed object. The earth is not translucent, anything that is shadowed by it should be dark, as in the heliocentric model there is only 1 light source to give light on the earth - the sun. The stars give light but only enough to be seen, not to illuminate earth.

Have you ever looked at a half or quarter moon during the day? How is it you can see blue sky in the section that is said to be shadowed by the earth?

I notice elsewhere on this forum you have stated you believe in the whole bible. I get a lot of flack (in general on the net) for not believing Saul/Paul, or for only holding to two gospels (Matthew and John), but many of those who claim to believe the bible show through their statements that on various points, that is a pretense. I'm not saying you are, but this brings me to the following question:

Genesis, 1st chapter:
On the 4th day, how many great lights did God make? 1 or 2?
If the moon is merely a reflector, then God only made 1.

Most flat earthers believe the moon has it's own light. This idea is expressed in various places in the bible also.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Compare the photo you linked to the still of the so called ISS footage in the post that precedes yours. Does the curve become more prominent at a lower elevation than at one many times that, or shouldn't it be the other way around? :)
It looks photoshopped. Cant see it on any other pic or video from Mt Everest.

https://youtu.be/WXNXSvnCtKA

Top Bottom