Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
In case you're a Facebook participant, and you're into space things, and you didn't notice these observations...

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Did you know you can see the International Space Station using a telescope at night?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Did you know you can see the International Space Station using a telescope at night?

I know this kind of video will ruffle some feathers, but the questions raised are valid.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yup the space station is real, so are the shuttles that go back and forth from various countries

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yup the space station is real, so are the shuttles that go back and forth from various countries

Yes, and the following is total fiction:

Psalm 104:5 He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

You see, the earth rotates because Copernicus said so, everyone believed it without proof, and finally NASA confirmed it with their false photography. That little bible verse above? Never mind that - must be using that symbolic language again.

The sun is also stationary, we move around it, remember?

Which of course makes THIS verse make no sense:

Joshua 10:13 - So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Ah, talking crap again - dang bible. Obviously the sun has to be MOVING in order to STOP.

It is worth noting here that ALL the major religions did not believe in the Heliocentric model - until it was hammered into us through the mind control technique called endless repetition.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Taking some phrases as literal in the bible isn't going to give you a scientific explanation of things! The bible was not written as a science guide at all.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, and the following is total fiction:

Psalm 104:5 He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

You see, the earth rotates because Copernicus said so, everyone believed it without proof, and finally NASA confirmed it with their false photography. That little bible verse above? Never mind that - must be using that symbolic language again.

The sun is also stationary, we move around it, remember?

Which of course makes THIS verse make no sense:

Joshua 10:13 - So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Ah, talking crap again - dang bible. Obviously the sun has to be MOVING in order to STOP.

It is worth noting here that ALL the major religions did not believe in the Heliocentric model - until it was hammered into us through the mind control technique called endless repetition.

I always thought that was just from Joshua's point of view.
Another text says He will shake the heavens and the earth, Haggai.
I never look at Nasa sites.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Taking some phrases as literal in the bible isn't going to give you a scientific explanation of things! The bible was not written as a science guide at all.

Lam, I know the difference between real science and pseudo science. Real science is testable and prove-able - false science relies on tons of assumptions and on un-proveable theories.

NASA would not need to provide false and fake videos and photos if their premise was anything other than an un-proveable assumption. That is what it is, and they play us for fools.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you have an observatory nearby? Go visit and then when you see it for yourself through a telescope you'll know that the ISS isn't a hoax.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Do you have an observatory nearby? Go visit and then when you see it for yourself through a telescope you'll know that the ISS isn't a hoax.

Would that be a digital telescope that could be manipulated? Perhaps one that keeps the Observatory in business by catering to the expectations of a bunch of people entertained by science FICTION?

You tell me why NASA needs to make fake videos and photos if they are really in space. Why not address the questions in the video?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought most observatories still had the old time telescopes you could use. Those can't be manipulated. I don't know the answer to your question about NASA but the ISS exists.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
If they're not in space I can't use GPS and maps.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
If they're not in space I can't use GPS and maps.

I might have to dig a little for the evidence - but from what I understand GPS was available at the time of world war 2 - and there is/was no need for satellites for this technology. Especially on a flat earth model - signals can travel very far, especially if they are bounced off the ionosphere.

Edit: Also if memory serves - "satellites" made their first appearance in one of the novels of a science fiction writer who's name was L Ron Hubbard.

Last edited:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I might have to dig a little for the evidence - but from what I understand GPS was available at the time of world war 2 - and there is/was no need for satellites for this technology. Especially on a flat earth model - signals can travel very far, especially if they are bounced off the ionosphere.

You believe the earth is flat? That doesn't even work with aeroplanes. Then how come it's night in Australia when it's day in Holland?

https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/taking-back-astronomy/the-universe-confirms-the-bible/

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
You believe the earth is flat? That doesn't even work with aeroplanes. Then how come it's night in Australia when it's day in Holland?

https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/taking-back-astronomy/the-universe-confirms-the-bible/

Because the sun is not over Australia when it's night here, obviously. Yes, I have come to this belief in a flat earth. The sun spins in a spiral above the flat plane (not plane-t) of the earth, giving us our days and seasons.

The globe earth does not explain why we in Australia are now in spring/summer and those in the "northern hemisphere" are experiencing Autumn/Winter.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
...The globe earth does not explain why we in Australia are now in spring/summer and those in the "northern hemisphere" are experiencing Autumn/Winter.

Yes, it does actually and quite satisfactorily I might add. Surely, you are tugging on legs here. o_O

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, it does actually and quite satisfactorily I might add. Surely, you are tugging on legs here. o_O

Give it a few more pages and I bet you're convinced it's a flat earth.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Give it a few more pages and I bet you're convinced it's a flat earth.

The position I take is a minority one, even among all the religious - be that Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim etc. Most everyone believes in the globe model because they have been indoctrinated with it since their earliest childhood and continue to be indoctrinated with it through false and speculative science and fictional shows and movies to which they have become attached. I come from a Christian background and although I have doubted at times (and still do doubt) certain things in the collection of writings we call "holy Scripture" - I have ALWAYS believed in a Creator. The Deist position is not Agnostic or Atheistic - we affirm a Creator, and point to the evidence of nature as proof.

That being said - it has taken well over a year for me to reach this conclusion of flat earth, with a lot of time spent in listening to the real flat earther's arguments. I say real because there is/are counter groups that pretend to be believers but are only there to muddy the waters and/or are controlled opposition. It was not just an intellectual conversion - there was a ton of emotion involved. With the amount of people who mock us, call us stupid and have hostility towards us - it is not a decision that is come to lightly.

I do not think I can convince an Atheist/Agnostic. Mark's beliefs and his posts have shown he is deeply committed to something I reject.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Theism is something I reject on lack of evidence. I cannot say theism is wrong because there is no evidence either way, therefore I take the default position of rejecting the claim. However, a flat Earth model I can say is utterly wrong because of all the evidence against it.

Top Bottom