Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I watched a film from the 1980s called Gandhi. In it there was an incident where a British General (General Dyer) ordered the shooting of more than 1,500 unarmed civilians having a political meeting. The general was a very British chap, righteous, servant of King and country, yet horribly evil. He would be among the righteous evil ... what do you think such men will face at the last judgement?

General-Reginald-Dyer.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In what way was he righteous?

At the last judgment the faithful in Christ are judged because they have faith. When God looks at us, He sees His Son with whom He is well pleased and that is because we are covered in Christ's righteousness in our baptisms.

Those without faith in the Savior and the forgiveness of sins He won at the cross will be judged on what they have done. They refuse to be in communion with God thus damning themselves.

Did this man have faith in God? We cannot see the heart. It is not for us to say and we cannot know for certain what happened at his death. Only God knows who the sheep are and who are the goats.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
He served king & country he professed Christian faith, in his death bed he is reported to have said So many people who knew the condition of Amritsar say I did right...but so many others say I did wrong. I only want to die and know from my Maker whether I did right or wrong.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Like I said, we can't see the heart, only God knows if the man had faith. A profession of faith is all we can go by but that's not a 100% guarantee of truth since there are many liars in the world.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Like I said, we can't see the heart, only God knows if the man had faith. A profession of faith is all we can go by but that's not a 100% guarantee of truth since there are many liars in the world.

Do you think faith would make his evil into something good?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
He served king & country he professed Christian faith, in his death bed he is reported to have said So many people who knew the condition of Amritsar say I did right...but so many others say I did wrong. I only want to die and know from my Maker whether I did right or wrong.

Awww why didn't anyone tell him he had to confess his sins? I hope he repented in his last breath.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

How do you mean make his evil into something good? I'm not sure exactly where you're going with this question?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe even Osama Bin Laden is saved. You never know. Melinda Fish had to pray for his soul for years. Amazing how someone can do that.
It's weird, if they look like a nice person I know I feel for them, like that guy from Yugoslavija who was in prison in Holland, Milosevic, his face looked a bit like my dad's. I never felt sorry for Karadzic, but with him I was like: awww. I had a dream that I told him and his wife the gospel.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Paul did evil, he murdered believers, but his heart was good. He did it because he didn't know. He thought he fought for God. But he repented. In that state he wouldn't have gone to heaven.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Paul did evil, he murdered believers, but his heart was good. He did it because he didn't know. He thought he fought for God. But he repented. In that state he wouldn't have gone to heaven.

Paul didn't have faith in the Savior when he murdered believers.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Yes he did. He had a troubled conscience as a result. He called himself the worst of sinners and the least of the saints (Eph 3.8)

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
John 16

They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3 And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.

Top Bottom