Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
MoreCoffee,

I encourage you to discuss the topic before us. An organization kicking or not kicking people out has nothing to do with that organization insisting that it itself uniquely is God Speaking on Earth, it itself alone being the Mouth of God, it itself claiming that it itself alone is infallible/unaccountable, it itself insisting that whatever it itself individually currently says (conditionally) is to be docilicly swallowed whole - THIS INDICATING THE ISSUE OF THE OPENING POST. You are persistent in confusing totally different things.

Let me try again: Bob owns a Porsche and joins the Porsche Car Owner's Club. Bob sells his Porsche and is thus no longer a Porsche Owner and thus no longer meets the membership requirements of that club. Okay. Please tell us - how would that mandate the ERGO there is no intellectual freedom int he PCO Club, that people who don't own Porsches are seen as lesser people, that the Porsche Car Owners' Club claims infallibility, unaccountability and that all are to just swallow whole as the Voice of God whatever the Club says/claims (officially)? Come on, MoreCoffee..... come on.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The OPC vows of membership are as follows:

1. Do you believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the Word of God, and its doctrine of salvation to be the perfect and only true doctrine of salvation?
2. Do you admit you are a sinner and hating your sinfulness, do you humble yourself before God and trust for salvation not in yourself but in Jesus Christ alone?
3. Do you acknowledge Jesus Christ as your sovereign Lord and do you promise, in reliance on the grace of God, to serve him with all that is in you, to forsake the world, putting to death your old nature and to lead a godly life?
4. Do you agree to submit in the Lord to the government of this church and, in case you should be found delinquent in doctrine or life, to obey its discipline?

Combining numbers 1 and 4, I would say that the answer is "no", but that's a qualified "no". A member would never be thrown out of the OPC at the drop of a hat. It would be a process, a process with the goal of bringing the straying sheep back into the fold (the only correct goal of all church discipline).

Similar promises were required for membership in Westminster Presbyterian Church (a denomination in Australia). Doctrine was defined by the Westminster Confession of Faith and to a lesser degree by the shorter catechism. The larger Catechism was considered "over the top" on a number of points so it was not expressly included in most discussions of the denomination's doctrinal standards. That may have changed by now. I have not associated with that denomination for many years.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The holy scriptures tell that divisions are inevitable precisely because not all in the Church are truly sons/daughters of God.
No the faithful are not a division. They are faithful to GOD and are to be known among other faithful by their works.

The division you speak of is between the faithful and the hypocrite as they aren't synonymous.

It is not for us to divide at this time, but as the faithful; spread the gospel with hope, and faith in the will of GOD.

Peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No the faithful are not a division. They are faithful to GOD and are to be known among other faithful by their works.

The division you speak of is between the faithful and the hypocrite as they aren't synonymous.

It is not for us to divide at this time, but as the faithful; spread the gospel with hope, and faith in the will of GOD.

Peace

It's not so easy to tell the difference between the faithful and hypocrites. How many leaders have claimed to be among the faithful only to make wars and divide people and destroy the peace of the church?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not so easy to tell the difference between the faithful and hypocrites. How many leaders have claimed to be among the faithful only to make wars and divide people and destroy the peace of the church?
the wars, divisions, and destruction of peace within the church are their works which show they are idol worshippers; clinging to the greed and wants of the material or other attainment.

These truths may have eluded people in the past, but a new age is here. The information age. The wool shouldn't be easily pulled over anyone's eyes anymore, unless they actually prefer willful ignorance; in which case, they too are being hypocritical.

Peace

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
the wars, divisions, and destruction of peace within the church are their works which show they are idol worshippers; clinging to the greed and wants of the material or other attainment.

These truths may have eluded people in the past, but a new age is here. The information age. The wool shouldn't be easily pulled over anyone's eyes anymore, unless they actually prefer willful ignorance; in which case, they too are being hypocritical.

Peace

That is said after the fact but when they were leading they were regarded as paragons of christian faith.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is said after the fact but when they were leading they were regarded as paragons of christian faith.
It is a shame and causal of the vast majority of actual atheism.

History is to be learned from so the same mistakes won't be made.

Also, in my opinion and insinuated in scripture; that government and faith or religion should be kept separate.

This would keep tyrants disguised as shepards from rising to power.

That isn't to say, by any means, that the moral teachings of the Christ shouldn't be reflected upon by those in power and those with naught in like fashion.

Peace

Top Bottom