Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Oh God, Rens, don't promote this stuff. It's a nice story I agree - but it's a horrible way to find a lifelong partner, lol.

Besides such stories are like mana to some of the simpletons over on CF Singles. A female learns she can get tons of male attention by feigning victimhood, embellishing or making up stories of woe, and some of the desperate blowhards are just too eager to swallow every drip of her tale just to get a chance at being her man in shining armor.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh God, Rens, don't promote this stuff. It's a nice story I agree - but it's a horrible way to find a lifelong partner, lol.

Besides such stories are like mana to some of the simpletons over on CF Singles. A female learns she can get tons of male attention by feigning victimhood, embellishing or making up stories of woe, and some of the desperate blowhards are just too eager to swallow every drip of her tale just to get a chance at being her man in shining armor.

As long as it's a real goose not much can go wrong LOL.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

That's true. You can tell a story in favor of yourself. I first always have to hear the other side. When I was just divorced, oh poor me, I was so sweet and he was evil and it was all his fault, he hit me. Aaaww how can someone possibly do that to you? Ehm maybe because I screamed at him like an idiot and it was the only way to have me shut up. Oh wait.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
That's true. You can tell a story in favor of yourself. I first always have to hear the other side. When I was just divorced, oh poor me, I was so sweet and he was evil and it was all his fault, he hit me. Aaaww how can someone possibly do that to you? Ehm maybe because I screamed at him like an idiot and it was the only way to have me shut up. Oh wait.

I'll tell a story of a friend of mine, instead.

My friend (D), who is now married (defacto - to another woman), once dated the sister (S) of my former partner/wife (C ). At C and I's wedding - S said she would refuse to go if D (who was a friend of C's) came. So, to keep the peace, D said he wouldn't go. I never got a full story from anyone, but only heard that D had physically assaulted S. Basically - end of story from S's end. D was a horrible horrible abuser. That is what people were meant to think from S's perspective.

C (my wife), however - who apparently also didn't know the full story - always doubted her sister. She said as much to me. "I know what S is like, I know how she can be". To flesh this out - she told me a story of one of S's former boyfriends (not D). C had come home (their parents house) one time and S had trapped her former boyfriend in the house. Physically aggressive - she was somehow preventing him from leaving. I don't know the details of how she was doing that - but according to C, that is what she saw.

One day I was talking to my friend D and he spilled it to me. The story I was never told:

"You want to know the story behind what S is saying? Well here it is: When S and I were dating, there was this one time when we were on the road. I was driving the car. S was acting silly/stupid and she kept pulling at the steering wheel, pulling the car this way and that. I told her to stop multiple times. She kept doing it. Finally, to get her to stop - I grabbed the back of her head and smacked her forehead into the dashboard. She stopped after that. That is the whole basis for my being labeled an abuser and the talk against me from S"

Now, on reflection, perhaps a better method would have been to pull the car over and dump S on the side of the road, since she was endangering both of their lives. But to me, the story fleshes out the bs that S wanted to sell with regards to D. She didn't want to admit her part or her responsibility. D's reaction may have been inappropriate and knee jerk, but also probably spur of the moment to stop an impending disaster.

In any case, it does not warrant the reputation S tried to give him.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh my, that's dangerous. I once drove back from Spain with my ex without stopping, more than 20 hours, well he drove, I can't drive and I was just staring out of the window, then I said something and he didn't respond. He had his eyes wide open, foot on the gas, but he had fallen asleep and drove really hard and was about to hit the car in front of us. I called his name a few times, no response, then I just gave a tiny tick to the steer wheel, just perfect, we passed the other car and he was awake immediately. That was really dangerous. Normally I just get hysterical and do nothing useful, but this time I kept my cool. All those drive lessons weren't for nothing.

Top Bottom