Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Are there any "Christian" (and I use that term loosely only because those groups might call themselves that) groups/sects that deny the Resurrection of Jesus?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
None I know of, that is cebntral to being a Christian

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
None I know of, that is cebntral to being a Christian

I agree and that's why I've put this in the World Religion and Speculative Theology forum :)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't see how someone could consider themselves to be a Christian if they deny the bodily resurrection in light of Romans 10:9. I've never heard of a sect or denomination with the denial of the bodily resurrection as part of their doctrine.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes one guy from a Dutch forum is a full preterist and a modalist, he believes that the Father died, he never goes to church and part of that preterism belief is that Jesus rose spiritually and came back in 70AD spiritually.
Lol and this world is the new heaven and the new earth unbelievable.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Are there any "Christian" (and I use that term loosely only because those groups might call themselves that) groups/sects that deny the Resurrection of Jesus?

Jehovah's witnesses deny a bodily resurrection. They teach that Jehovah made the earthly body of Christ disappear (disintegrate) in the tomb on or before the day of his resurrection as a spirit creature. But their theology does not really fit within the bounds of Nicene Christianity.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

None that I know of - but in answer to two thoughts posted by members below the OP - I do not think it is actually central (or, I should say *most important*) to following Yeshua. It is emphasized, but Yeshua Himself denies Saul/Paul teaching in Romans 10:9 when He says this:

Matthew 7:21-23

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If you dont believe that then you are not saved and therefore it is very important and central to what we believe

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Saint Paul writes:
"And so I make known to you, brothers, the Gospel that I preached to you, which you also received, and on which you stand. By the Gospel, too, you are being saved, if you hold to the understanding that I preached to you, lest you believe in vain. For I handed on to you, first of all, what I also received: that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried; and that he rose again on the third day, according to the Scriptures; and that he was seen by Cephas, and after that by the eleven. Next he was seen by more than five hundred brothers at one time, many of whom remain, even to the present time, although some have fallen asleep. Next, he was seen by James, then by all the Apostles. And last of all, he was seen also by me, as if I were someone born at the wrong time. For I am the least of the Apostles. I am not worthy to be called an Apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God. But, by the grace of God, I am what I am. And his grace in me has not been empty, since I have labored more abundantly than all of them. Yet it is not I, but the grace of God within me. For whether it is I or they: so we preach, and so you have believed. Now if Christ is preached, that he rose again from the dead, how is it that some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? For if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not risen. And if Christ has not risen, then our preaching is useless, and your faith is also useless. Then, too, we would be found to be false witnesses of God, because we would have given testimony against God, saying that he had raised up Christ, when he had not raised him up, if, indeed, the dead do not rise again. For if the dead do not rise again, then neither has Christ risen again. But if Christ has not risen, then your faith is vain; for you would still be in your sins. Then, too, those who have fallen asleep in Christ would have perished. If we have hope in Christ for this life only, then we are more miserable than all men." [1 Corinthians 15:1-19]​
If the Lord Jesus Christ was not raised from the dead then Christian faith is empty falsehood.

Top Bottom