Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've designated Wednesday as cleaning day for my daughter's guinea pig cage since Thursday is the garbage pick up. Every day I do a spot cleaning in the evening and reload the cage with fresh bedding.

I have a 4 foot long cage for them (yeah, it's a mansion my daughter says) and it has a canvas bottom but on top of that I use puppy pads then a layer of fleece (real cheap from WalMart!) and then on top of that guinea pig bedding (not pine shavings).

I soak their furry bed and the fleece and hand wash those then hang them outside (my husband doesn't want that stuff in our washer/dryer. I actually hang them on a bush next to our back deck steps! I went outside a few moments ago to find the ground hog who lives in the back field investigating! I need to keep an eye out in case he decides to steal their bed or fleece to have a blanket for the winter :O_O:

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know much about groundhogs, but I suspect it will eventually nab those things unless you find something more out of reach! :scared:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know much about groundhogs, but I suspect it will eventually nab those things unless you find something more out of reach! :scared:

Did you know they can climb trees? LOL This one is so fat I doubt he can climb this bush I have the items hanging on without bending the branch and falling to the ground! LOL

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
lol didnt know they could climb around here some eat them

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you know they can climb trees? LOL This one is so fat I doubt he can climb this bush I have the items hanging on without bending the branch and falling to the ground! LOL

No, I didn't know they can climb trees. :D

It may be able to sufficiently disturb the bush and knock your material down and run off with it.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've designated Wednesday as cleaning day for my daughter's guinea pig cage since Thursday is the garbage pick up. Every day I do a spot cleaning in the evening and reload the cage with fresh bedding.

I have a 4 foot long cage for them (yeah, it's a mansion my daughter says) and it has a canvas bottom but on top of that I use puppy pads then a layer of fleece (real cheap from WalMart!) and then on top of that guinea pig bedding (not pine shavings).

I soak their furry bed and the fleece and hand wash those then hang them outside (my husband doesn't want that stuff in our washer/dryer. I actually hang them on a bush next to our back deck steps! I went outside a few moments ago to find the ground hog who lives in the back field investigating! I need to keep an eye out in case he decides to steal their bed or fleece to have a blanket for the winter :O_O:

Are you allowed to shoot them in your area, if they are considered a pest species?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The fleece is dry already! I use plastic clothespins to secure them.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Are you allowed to shoot them in your area, if they are considered a pest species?

Probably. We enjoy watching these though. There is a male and female and the female is lighter in color (I think that's the female??) and it was pretty cool watching them dig their homes (door in and door out ahha) but I doubt the Amish who own the field are happy with them.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Open season on them year round

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Probably. We enjoy watching these though. There is a male and female and the female is lighter in color (I think that's the female??) and it was pretty cool watching them dig their homes (door in and door out ahha) but I doubt the Amish who own the field are happy with them.

I used to like watching squirrels until they started digging up my flowers. Then I found I liked watching them, through the scope of my air rifle. I got to be pretty good at taking them down. I adjusted my sights by shooting the heads off dandelions from about 30 feet away. If I can lop the head off a dandelion I can effect a clean kill of a squirrel. I think the local fox liked me, the dead squirrels disappeared fast enough that something was obviously eating them. Usually all that was left was the tail.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I have an air rifle thta is 1250 fps and I can take out small animals with it, teach those squirrels to steall my bird feed

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Maybe you can take pity on him (or her) and buy another fleece at Walmart for the sweet little critter. Winter is coming in the topsy-turvy seasons of the deep north where you live.

Top Bottom