Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I really hated potato chips when I was growing up (unless it was Pringles). Now that there are some unusual flavored ones I think I like them which is why I need to hike 5 days a week ;)

One of my favorite flavors is Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue! :xD:

Do you like chips? What flavors do you choose?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Never heard of that one but sounds good

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I really hated potato chips when I was growing up (unless it was Pringles). Now that there are some unusual flavored ones I think I like them which is why I need to hike 5 days a week ;)

One of my favorite flavors is Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue! :xD:

Do you like chips? What flavors do you choose?
I usually just wash mine down with beer but heck to each their own.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I never met a potato I didn't like...

I much prefer the regular POTATO flavored POTATO chips.

When I want bourbon, I drink bourbon.

Tigger said:
I usually just wash mine down with beer but heck to each their own.

:thumbsup:

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Potato chips is a snack I can usually avoid. If I want a processed savory snack - I reach for a bag of pretzels or some of the flavored baked wheat products at the grocery store.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I want lobster flavored chips

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Potato chips is a snack I can usually avoid. If I want a processed savory snack - I reach for a bag of pretzels or some of the flavored baked wheat products at the grocery store.

MOST pretzels are super high in sodium! Sometimes I can find the no salt ones and they're just okay.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I loved Pringles when I was a kid...I would say, "Look Mommy! It's a hyperboloidal sheet! If I draw a triangle on it, the sum of the triangle's interior angles is LESS than 180°!" And then I would shove it in my face with a contented grin. She'd smile and shake her head.

Now I prefer kettle cooked chips instead of crisps, flavored with datil peppers. Their shape isn't as fun, but they are much more tasty. :D

Chloe

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You made geometry out of Pringles? :eek:

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
You made geometry out of Pringles? :eek:

I might have exaggerated a wee bit there...it just may very well be that I didn't realize Pringles are hyperboloidal until I studied multi-variable calculus. :p

Chloe

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You were like...5, when you started that, right? ;)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I loved Pringles when I was a kid...I would say, "Look Mommy! It's a hyperboloidal sheet! If I draw a triangle on it, the sum of the triangle's interior angles is LESS than 180°!" And then I would shove it in my face with a contented grin. She'd smile and shake her head.

Now I prefer kettle cooked chips instead of crisps, flavored with datil peppers. Their shape isn't as fun, but they are much more tasty. :D

One of our grocery chains makes a "chip" with a hyperboloid-section shape too. They undercut Pringles - charge about 1/2 the price of Pringles for more chips in a near identical cylindrical container.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of our grocery chains makes a "chip" with a hyperboloid-section shape too. They undercut Pringles - charge about 1/2 the price of Pringles for more chips in a near identical cylindrical container.

We found as kids that the Pringles "can" made an excellent phone, along with monofilament fishing line. :D

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
We found as kids that the Pringles "can" made an excellent phone, along with monofilament fishing line. :D

As an adult I use mine to store potato, carrot, and sweet potato peels when I am watching a video while peeling said vegetables. They are excellent for this purpose. Having a nice plastic lid helps keep the peel odours contained until I get around to tossing out the rubbish.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship

I once suggested to some of my nieces and nephews they might want to try that, that I had fun doing that as a kid, and they looked up from their iPhones at me like I had stupidly suggested they do something outside. :(

As an adult I use mine to store potato, carrot, and sweet potato peels when I am watching a video while peeling said vegetables. They are excellent for this purpose. Having a nice plastic lid helps keep the peel odours contained until I get around to tossing out the rubbish.

That sounds like a great idea! :thumbsup:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I once suggested to some of my nieces and nephews they might want to try that, that I had fun doing that as a kid, and they looked up from their iPhones at me like I had stupidly suggested they do something outside. :(

Each new generation seems to have new technologies to divorce them from past habits and enjoyments. I liked playing outside as a child. I walked to school and when I received a bicycle I used it to go to school - this persisted until high school. Now children are transported in SUVs by parents to and from school and have all their "play time" booked with teams and groups and child minding centres. It seems a diminished life to me but it is all they know and they seem to abhor the idea of walking or cycling to and from school. There's too much parental fear too - fear of abduction, fear of violence, fear or accidents and so forth. I guess the next generation will have some other restriction thrust upon them and some new technology too. I like the technologies but I think that humanity looses something with each new technological gain.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon that when I had my chores done that I would be turned loose on my bicycle to roam the streets, allowed to go wherever I chose. Now, the prospect of turning a child loose with a bicycle anywhere but the back yard, with parental supervision and 40 pieces of protective gear, would be criminal parental negligence.

I loved it as a child, and would get excited when I found a street I hadn't been down before. My mom and dad would just say, "be back in time for dinner."

I think today's kids, the vast majority of them, have no idea what it feels like to collapse in the grass giddy and winded from running hard and playing hard with their friends. :(

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
When I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon that when I had my chores done that I would be turned loose on my bicycle to roam the streets, allowed to go wherever I chose. Now, the prospect of turning a child loose with a bicycle anywhere but the back yard, with parental supervision and 40 pieces of protective gear, would be criminal parental negligence.

I loved it as a child, and would get excited when I found a street I hadn't been down before. My mom and dad would just say, "be back in time for dinner."

I think today's kids, the vast majority of them, have no idea what it feels like to collapse in the grass giddy and winded from running hard and playing hard with their friends. :(

But they do know what potato chips are :p

Chloe

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Most don't spend enough time on their schooling. Mark could combine the two and teach geometry on Pringles.

Top Bottom