Omw9JAVrIIDLW2NkgLvxGC4HBQc402Zh_MkCiZ_TMwCzOJVMHiBlzcIFAmzEC41foCGhHPU=s885

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes if you mean it. A free pass to heaven. Sent it to the dad of my brother in law when he was about to die. They didn't want me to come over, so I just sent him a card with: hey don't forget you arrange your free ticket. He did.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

It's not free since Christ had to die and suffered for our sins. It's free in that we don't have to do anything to receive His forgiveness since it was already won at the cross for us. I don't believe in sinners prayers for salvation but I do believe in prayer as affirmation of what Jesus has done so we can have eternal life with Him.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's not free since Christ had to die and suffered for our sins. It's free in that we don't have to do anything to receive His forgiveness since it was already won at the cross for us. I don't believe in sinners prayers for salvation but I do believe in prayer as affirmation of what Jesus has done so we can have eternal life with Him.

What Lamm said.....

I believe that Jesus is the SAVIOR - thus, it is my view that JESUS is THE savior (which means I'm not). Jesus is not the enabler or possibility- maker or any other substitute for Savior. Jesus is not the PART Savior (the non-effective part) that we save from being a failure. Nope. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus is the Savior. Jesus - not me. THE - the singular, sole, effectual. Savior - not helper, enabler, possibility-maker, loser. Not rocket science.... need not be so complex.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I know many people who seem to rejoice in the prayer itself rather than considering what the act of praying this praying should be.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have seen one poster, not from this group, who after every post, stated "forgive me". It was like a mantra and had in no way reflected change in ideologies or attitudes in all the posts for over eight years that I have known him to post. Should I consider his "forgive me" evidence of a change of heart and true repentance?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have seen one poster, not from this group, who after every post, stated "forgive me". It was like a mantra and had in no way reflected change in ideologies or attitudes in all the posts for over eight years that I have known him to post. Should I consider his "forgive me" evidence of a change of heart and true repentance?

I remember him well....

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You ask if his typing "forgive me" after every post should be evidence of a change of heart and true repentance.

I'm wondering why you would look to someone's posts to know if there is true evidence?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If a chap prays "the sinner's prayer" because the chap repents of their sins then it's a good thing that the chap has done. One would expect that when the opportunity arises the chap will grow in knowledge and faith, be baptised, serve God faithfully, encourage the brethren, and become one of the faithful in the church.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Hard to say without the context.

Talking about a thorny issue it might be appropriate to say something like "Forgive me if this offends you but ..." in a context where an unpleasant truth maybe needs to be said and the intention is to correct in love rather than to offend.

On the other hand something like "Forgive me if this offends you but you're really stupid" looks more like a silly attempt to cover one's rear end.

(Just to avoid any doubt at all, I don't think you're stupid, it's used purely as an example)

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If a chap prays "the sinner's prayer" because the chap repents of their sins then it's a good thing that the chap has done. One would expect that when the opportunity arises the chap will grow in knowledge and faith, be baptised, serve God faithfully, encourage the brethren, and become one of the faithful in the church.
Well established member of the religious clad who by all church doctrines and church supporter full grown in the eyes of the church. But he is like Nicodemus, and can not see the tree of life for the church forest.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hard to say without the context.

Talking about a thorny issue it might be appropriate to say something like "Forgive me if this offends you but ..." in a context where an unpleasant truth maybe needs to be said and the intention is to correct in love rather than to offend.

On the other hand something like "Forgive me if this offends you but you're really stupid" looks more like a silly attempt to cover one's rear end.

(Just to avoid any doubt at all, I don't think you're stupid, it's used purely as an example)
It didn't seem to matter what the context, content, or subject, he always ended it with "forgive me".

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I knew a poster in the Orthodox section at CF that always said that

Rens

Religious Affiliation