• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Results 21 to 28 of 28

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: The Beast Revelation

    1. #21
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,567
      CH Cash
      15,062
      CH Challenge
      16
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      14,985
      Level
      35
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      33.83%
      Rep Power
      393
      Quote Originally Posted by michae1 View Post
      Time is running out.
      ...and God is in complete, sovereign control. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

    2. #22
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      69
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      12,313
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,040
      CH Challenge
      4
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,428,208 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      52,561
      Level
      58
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.89%
      Rep Power
      563
      Yes He is and prophecy will come to pass so that means we are heading directly into Revelation
      Isaiah 40:31

    3. #23
      tango's Avatar
      tango is online now Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...
       
      Mood:
      Bemused
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Elsewhere
      Posts
      6,111
      CH Cash
      2,218
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (4,137,254 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      28,106
      Level
      45
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.54%
      Rep Power
      706
      Quote Originally Posted by michae1 View Post
      A secret that is obvious to me, but is never talked about. Something I have noticed and have maybe mentioned only once, if at all. To me, it is a major issue. Something that would only matter to anyone who believes what I have written. There is no mention in Revelation of any other Government. Which means, this one will go on until the rapture. The reason I have not changed my words in such a long time is because all of the verses concerning my letter have been used up. I would imagine God would have put more words into the book of Revelation if more words were needed. Since, once you have seen all the words come to pass and nothing more was said, it can only mean one thing. This is the final episode.
      I'm not sure that the lack of mention of any other government in Revelation means much of anything. At the time the Revelation was written there was no such country as the United States, for example. There was no USSR. The Roman Empire was still dominant. Since the Revelation was written the Roman Empire has faded, the British Empire has bloomed and faded, the United States as we currently know it has been born, the USSR grew and then faded, and so on.

      I can't help thinking you're reading more into Scriptural silence that can be justified. Scripture tells us what we need to know. If it isnt in Scripture it may simply be that we don't need to know the details.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

      "If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

      The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

    4. #24
      michae1 is offline Participant Member
      53
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      12
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      337
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      103
      Level
      3
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      56.75%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      I'm not sure that the lack of mention of any other government in Revelation means much of anything. At the time the Revelation was written there was no such country as the United States, for example. There was no USSR. The Roman Empire was still dominant. Since the Revelation was written the Roman Empire has faded, the British Empire has bloomed and faded, the United States as we currently know it has been born, the USSR grew and then faded, and so on.

      I can't help thinking you're reading more into Scriptural silence that can be justified. Scripture tells us what we need to know. If it isnt in Scripture it may simply be that we don't need to know the details.
      I think you have missed my point. The key words that matter in my quote are, "Something that would only matter to anyone who believes what I have written." I am referring to the beast Government of Mahmoud Abbas. I am not referring to all Governments in the history of the world. If you make the connection that the Palestinian Authority is the last Government which is being described in Revelation 13, then once he fulfills all that is written there, it is finished. The beast of Rev. 13 is the last beast government before the coming of the Lord. This is what I meant. The man is 82 years old and nothing more is said of him, which leads me to believe he is at his end, almost now....

    5. #25
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is online now Veteran Member
      33
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,840
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,040
      CH Challenge
      55
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      8,921
      Level
      28
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      41.08%
      Rep Power
      268
      Quote Originally Posted by michae1 View Post
      I think you have missed my point. The key words that matter in my quote are, "Something that would only matter to anyone who believes what I have written." I am referring to the beast Government of Mahmoud Abbas. I am not referring to all Governments in the history of the world. If you make the connection that the Palestinian Authority is the last Government which is being described in Revelation 13, then once he fulfills all that is written there, it is finished. The beast of Rev. 13 is the last beast government before the coming of the Lord. This is what I meant. The man is 82 years old and nothing more is said of him, which leads me to believe he is at his end, almost now....
      Please edify us on the connection between the president of the state of Palestine and the beast of revelation 13.
      Last edited by DHoffmann; 05-13-2018 at 09:31 PM.

    6. #26
      tango's Avatar
      tango is online now Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...
       
      Mood:
      Bemused
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Elsewhere
      Posts
      6,111
      CH Cash
      2,218
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (4,137,254 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      28,106
      Level
      45
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.54%
      Rep Power
      706
      Quote Originally Posted by michae1 View Post
      I think you have missed my point. The key words that matter in my quote are, "Something that would only matter to anyone who believes what I have written." I am referring to the beast Government of Mahmoud Abbas. I am not referring to all Governments in the history of the world. If you make the connection that the Palestinian Authority is the last Government which is being described in Revelation 13, then once he fulfills all that is written there, it is finished. The beast of Rev. 13 is the last beast government before the coming of the Lord. This is what I meant. The man is 82 years old and nothing more is said of him, which leads me to believe he is at his end, almost now....
      I guess I must have missed how that connection was made.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

      "If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

      The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

    7. #27
      Pedrito's Avatar
      Pedrito is offline Clarifier
      Married
      Hyding from Jekyll
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Posts
      695
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      4,338
      CH Challenge
      8
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      3,669
      Level
      19
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      36.71%
      Rep Power
      99
      I would really like to welcome back the Posters visionary and MarkFL.

      They have been absent for some time from the areas of CH where I tend to lurk.

      Unless I simply missed the Threads they were active in.
      Seeking to understand with precision, God's holy and coherent revelation to us.

    8. #28
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      15,354
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      197,258
      CH Challenge
      23
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (124,918 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      188,256
      Level
      91
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      23.09%
      Rep Power
      791
      Quote Originally Posted by Pedrito View Post
      I would really like to welcome back the Posters visionary and MarkFL.

      They have been absent for some time from the areas of CH where I tend to lurk.

      Unless I simply missed the Threads they were active in.
      This is a resurrected thread by the OP...so I don't think Visionary and Mark have returned
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •