Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am looking at airlines to consider for any future travel. Which ones would you recommend?

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Learn of hubs of each, the direction you want to go, and the quickest route for the best flight. I am not partial to any one airline. They are pretty much the same service.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am looking at airlines to consider for any future travel. Which ones would you recommend?

Are you talking about domestic or international travel?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
the cheapest one lol, that's all I look at.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Dont fly but have heard good things about Southwest

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Both would be good. :)

A lot will depend on how big you are.

If you're less than about 5'8 and maybe 180 pounds it probably makes little difference. If you're tall or fat or both you'll find that some airlines are reasonably comfortable while others are like purgatory on wings.

Personally I won't fly BA if there's any option at all (and not going is preferable to flying BA). If it's the only option and I needed to fly BA to something like my father's funeral I'd consider it, otherwise I won't fly them at all, ever, without exception. Their planes are so horrendously uncomfortable for me I just won't do it. I found a $600 economy class seat from US Airways significantly more comfortable than a $3000 seat in BA's Premium Economy. Sure, BA gave me a little extra room but the design was such that I couldn't use it, and at the end of the flight my neck and back hurt because none of the adjustable features of the seat would adjust in a way that was comfortable for me. Any time I'm talking to a travel agent it usually takes several attempts to get it through to them that I don't want to fly with BA, and if BA is the cheapest price I want them to give me the second cheapest price.

Since US Airways got absorbed into American Airlines I tried AA for my last transatlantic trip. It wasn't quite as comfortable as US Airways but passable. I'd fly with AA again.

ETA: Obviously it will also depend on what route you're taking and which airlines cover it efficiently. US Airways was convenient because it offered direct flights between the airports I wanted. If you have to start changing you have to decide whether the time is worth the money. Personally I'd rather just pay an extra $50 for a direct flight than reroute via some other airport, spend four hours kicking my heels and have to deal with disembarking, customs, potentially clearing security again, embarking, and creating another point of failure for the trip.

I'm about 6'5 and 250lb so space is important for me.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't know from whom it was but the planes I had to Canada were huge, I mean the seats and place you had. Normally I flew Transavia to Greece. That was tiny. I was only used to that kind of planes. I once went with a bus to Spain, 20 hours or so non stop in a bus with tiny seats. No problem. I'm small, I just slept with my head against the window and the people in front of you were almost laying on your lap. I was with a friend who was taller 1.80m or so. She couldn't sit. Her knees were against the chair in the front. She paid them extra there and took a better seat to be able to sit normally. They had like 4 of those seats. Last time we went with the bus that far lol.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've used several - and frankly haven't noticed any significant difference. Some PLANES are nicer than others.... some AIRPORTS are nicer than others... some CITIES have nicer weather (which is a big part of being on time)... but the carrier to me doesn't seem to make much difference.

I've flowed first class a few times... and that makes a HUGE difference (especially on long flights) but I only do that if I'm not paying for it (cuz it is WAY more money and you only arrive a second or so before the cheap seats).

My beloved and I just did a vacation to Hawaii and flew on American. No complaints at all. We chose it simply because it had the lowest rate I could find.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've used several - and frankly haven't noticed any significant difference. Some PLANES are nicer than others.... some AIRPORTS are nicer than others... some CITIES have nicer weather (which is a big part of being on time)... but the carrier to me doesn't seem to make much difference.

I've flowed first class a few times... and that makes a HUGE difference (especially on long flights) but I only do that if I'm not paying for it (cuz it is WAY more money and you only arrive a second or so before the cheap seats).

My beloved and I just did a vacation to Hawaii and flew on American. No complaints at all. We chose it simply because it had the lowest rate I could find.
Yes that's how I do it too. First class, we had that when we went to Canada on the way there with my 2 year old son. He was sitting there like a prince. Just got it for free, because others didn't show up. Awesome!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If I were a zillionaire, I'd have a big PRIVATE plane..... with huge, fully reclining barka lounger chairs. A 72 inch TV. A full bar. Lots of beautiful wood and good-smelling leather. Maybe a bed and a spa.

Then I wouldn't need to deal with airlines or all the lines.

But I'm not.

Yet.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've never flown international so I have no opinion on any airlines for that.

Within the US I've flown Southwest, Southeast (when it was in service), American Airlines and United.

Southeast was the worst and we though the plane would fall apart. But it was cheap.

Southwest is cheap sometimes but the seats are tight and boarding is like a cattle call.

United overbooks some flights so if you're traveling with a group, some might be asked to take a later flight!! grrrr Their seating is okay though.

American is nice, not too many complaints.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I believe I have only flown American and United but I could be wrong. Those are the ones that sounds the most familiar to me.

onlyme

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
I do like WestJet. Unlike Air Canada, it doesn't receive the same subsidies. With its hub at Calgary which has traditionally a great enterprise spirit, it's a great Canadian airline. :)

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
i havent flown in a millenium but southwest is a good, affordable airline.

onlyme

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Yes that's how I do it too. First class, we had that when we went to Canada on the way there with my 2 year old son. He was sitting there like a prince. Just got it for free, because others didn't show up. Awesome!
I used KLM for a European flight to and from Canada; we went via Schipol; it wasn't first class though and I didn't have a lot of leg room. :)

onlyme

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
i havent flown in a millenium but southwest is a good, affordable airline.
Up here, WestJet was I believe modeled on Southwest; someone went to talk to Herb Kelleher and his ppl.

Top Bottom