Death Is Not Eternal Life in Misery

ThreeAngels

Religious Affiliation
Seventh Day Adventist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Satan commenced his deception in Eden. He said to Eve, "Ye shall not surely die." This was Satan's first lesson upon the immortality of the soul, and he has carried on this deception from that time to the present, and will carry it on until the captivity of God's children shall be turned.
When Adam and Eve in Eden partook of the forbidden tree, the flaming sword was placed around the tree of life, and they were driven from the garden, lest they should partake of the tree of life, and be immortal sinners. The fruit of this tree was to perpetuate immortality. Who of the family of Adam have passed that flaming sword, and have partaken of the tree of life? Not one of the family of Adam has passed that flaming sword, and partaken of that tree; therefore there is not an immortal sinner. The soul that sinneth, it shall die an everlasting death- a death from which there will be no hope of resurrection; and then the wrath of God will be appeased.
Satan has had great success in making men believe that the words of God, "The soul that sinneth, it shall die," Ezekiel 18:4 mean that the soul that sinneth it shall not die, but live eternally in misery. Life is life, whether it is in pain or happiness. Death is without pain, without joy, without hatred.
John, in the Revelation, looking forward to the eternal state, hears a universal anthem of praise undisturbed by one note of discord. Every creature in heaven and earth was heard ascribing glory to God. Revelation 5:13. There will then be no lost souls to blaspheme God as they writhe in never-ending torment; no wretched beings in hell will mingle their shrieks with the songs of the saved.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You would love my thread "oh hell"..

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
These doctrines - annihilation, soul sleep - were rejected by Christians in the beginning and are still rejected by the vast majority of Christians for very good reasons that are well documented both in holy scripture and in the writings of church father, theologians. Some groups teach these errors - Jehovah's witnesses, Christadelphians, Seventh Day Adventists, and some others.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hey MC we agree

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
These doctrines - annihilation, soul sleep - were rejected by Christians in the beginning and are still rejected by the vast majority of Christians for very good reasons that are well documented both in holy scripture and in the writings of church father, theologians. Some groups teach these errors - Jehovah's witnesses, Christadelphians, Seventh Day Adventists, and some others.
RCC is always right.. claims RCC... circular thinking.. does make it right in God's eyes. Explain why "David slept with his fathers".

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
RCC is always right.. claims RCC... circular thinking.. does make it right in God's eyes. Explain why "David slept with his fathers".

complaining about the Catholic Church is not an argument in favour of the errors your posts present.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
complaining about the Catholic Church is not an argument in favour of the errors your posts present.
Explain why "David slept with his fathers" along with all the other kings.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Explain why "David slept with his fathers" along with all the other kings.

1 Kings 2:10 Then David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David.

in the city of David] The place is defined (2Sa 5:7) as ‘the stronghold of Zion.’ We are told (Aboth de-Rabbi Nathan i. 35) that ‘no graves are made in Jerusalem, except the tombs of the house of David, and of Huldah the prophetess, which have been there from the days of the first prophets.’ Josephus (Ant. vii. 15. 3) gives an account of the wealth that Solomon deposited in his father’s grave, and states that the tomb was afterwards opened and some of this wealth carried away, first by Hyrcanus the high priest, when he was besieged by Antiochus, and a second time by Herod the Great. But the chambers in which the treasure was buried could be reached without disturbing the royal burying-place. (source: Cambridge commentary on the bible)

Is there some special relevance to your request?

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
1 Kings 2:10 Then David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David.

in the city of David] The place is defined (2Sa 5:7) as ‘the stronghold of Zion.’ We are told (Aboth de-Rabbi Nathan i. 35) that ‘no graves are made in Jerusalem, except the tombs of the house of David, and of Huldah the prophetess, which have been there from the days of the first prophets.’ Josephus (Ant. vii. 15. 3) gives an account of the wealth that Solomon deposited in his father’s grave, and states that the tomb was afterwards opened and some of this wealth carried away, first by Hyrcanus the high priest, when he was besieged by Antiochus, and a second time by Herod the Great. But the chambers in which the treasure was buried could be reached without disturbing the royal burying-place. (source: Cambridge commentary on the bible)
Yep.. and Peter says that is where he still is... in the grave.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yep.. and Peter says that is where he still is... in the grave.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

David died, his body was buried (and decayed as is the common experience of buried bodies). The passage is about the resurrection of Jesus Christ and his ascent to heaven.

Acts 2:14-41 [14] But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. [15] For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day; [16] but this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: [17] 'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; [18] yea, and on my menservants and my maidservants in those days I will pour out my Spirit; and they shall prophesy. [19] And I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth beneath, blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke; [20] the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and manifest day. [21] And it shall be that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.' [22] "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs which God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know-- [23] this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. [24] But God raised him up, having loosed the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. [25] For David says concerning him, 'I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken; [26] therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh will dwell in hope. [27] For thou wilt not abandon my soul to Hades, nor let thy Holy One see corruption. [28] Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou wilt make me full of gladness with thy presence.' [29] "Brethren, I may say to you confidently of the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. [30] Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants upon his throne, [31] he foresaw and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. [32] This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. [33] Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this which you see and hear. [34] For David did not ascend into the heavens; but he himself says, 'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, [35] till I make thy enemies a stool for thy feet.' [36] Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified." [37] Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" [38] And Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptised every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. [39] For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him." [40] And he testified with many other words and exhorted them, saying, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation." [41] So those who received his word were baptised, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

There's nothing in this passage to offer comfort to those teaching errors like soul-sleep (not body sleep) and soul-annihilation.

Last edited:

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
and before you go and state that David is in heaven.... let me continue with what Peter said.

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me that there seems to be a disconnect with seperating the body soul and spirit

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Satan commenced his deception in Eden. He said to Eve, "Ye shall not surely die." This was Satan's first lesson upon the immortality of the soul, and he has carried on this deception from that time to the present, and will carry it on until the captivity of God's children shall be turned.
When Adam and Eve in Eden partook of the forbidden tree, the flaming sword was placed around the tree of life, and they were driven from the garden, lest they should partake of the tree of life, and be immortal sinners. The fruit of this tree was to perpetuate immortality. Who of the family of Adam have passed that flaming sword, and have partaken of the tree of life? Not one of the family of Adam has passed that flaming sword, and partaken of that tree; therefore there is not an immortal sinner. The soul that sinneth, it shall die an everlasting death- a death from which there will be no hope of resurrection; and then the wrath of God will be appeased.
Satan has had great success in making men believe that the words of God, "The soul that sinneth, it shall die," Ezekiel 18:4 mean that the soul that sinneth it shall not die, but live eternally in misery. Life is life, whether it is in pain or happiness. Death is without pain, without joy, without hatred.
John, in the Revelation, looking forward to the eternal state, hears a universal anthem of praise undisturbed by one note of discord. Every creature in heaven and earth was heard ascribing glory to God. Revelation 5:13. There will then be no lost souls to blaspheme God as they writhe in never-ending torment; no wretched beings in hell will mingle their shrieks with the songs of the saved.

This makes nonsense .
When it is contrasted with simple scripture .."and this is eternal life..that they may know you the only true GOD."

Thus we see eternal life is not a question of existing or not existing.
But of knowing or being estranged from.

ThreeAngels

Religious Affiliation
Seventh Day Adventist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
This makes nonsense .
When it is contrasted with simple scripture .."and this is eternal life..that they may know you the only true GOD."

Thus we see eternal life is not a question of existing or not existing.
But of knowing or being estranged from.
The knowledge of God leads to eternal life.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The knowledge of God leads to eternal life.

Oh riiight ,like knowing about london leads me to london ?
Oh wait..it doesnt.

Thats because knowing about some one and knowing them is a totally different thing.

And the lord Jesus said ...eternal life is that they might Know you.

Not..know about you.

Dont go throwing around jehovah witness cult lies .

Last edited:

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Oh riiight ,like knowing about london leads me to london ?
Oh wait..it doesnt.

Thats because knowing about some one and knowing them is a totally different thing.

And the lord Jesus said ...eternal life is that they might Know you.

Not..know about you.

Dont go throwing around jehovah witness cult lies .
Donn't go throwing around RCC lies either.

Top Bottom