SilkenBast

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Today I learned about love bites. Was bitten. Gently. I misinterpreted
and had angry words for the perceived aggressor. We are still new friends, though
not that new, and it was in the midst of affection. So I apologized
today to my friend, as I realize I had misinterpreted her action.

Some animals have a lot more affection, understanding and compassion
than we give them credit for. I have seen naked love in those eyes. It
was not imagined. I have seen it in human eyes and it was the same.

At times I wonder what fate befalls certain people. What does God do
with the cruel and the heartless? Do they suffer in hell for all eternity
as some Christians say? Do they escape with a simple prayer and acknowledgement?
Enter heaven with a callous heart and the assurance they are saved if they
believe something no matter what they do or think?

I look at some of the animals and I do wonder. Was this your original life?
Were you something else once? Forced to hunt, eat grass or scavange, and above all,
you are a subject of human dominion. If they decide you are food, you will be eaten.
If they decide you are useful, you will be used to replace their labor. A tool, or food,
to them.

I sometimes wonder what God really does to the callous and heartless.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No need to wonder as the bible tells us very clearly. If you are callous and hard hearted then love is not in you and without love anything else is useless. God states that those who do certain things will not enter into heaven and they wont. Secondly we are free to choose God or reject Him, if we reject Him why would we want to go to heaven to be with Him for eternity and always having to be in obedience to Him? God does not force us to choose Him and He doesnt force us into heaven. The choices that we make today have eternal consequences

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
and had angry words for the perceived aggressor. We are still new friends, though

as some Christians say? Do they escape with a simple prayer and acknowledgement?

Were you something else once? Forced to hunt, eat grass or scavange, and above all,
you are a subject of human dominion. If they decide you are food, you will be eaten.
If they decide you are useful, you will be used to replace their labor. A tool, or food,
to them.

What beautiful poetry...

fwiw, the callous and heartless are far from God...

Yet in this life on earth, all die...

As an animal, you ARE food, and the killer and eater of food...

The reason is that life begets life...

Life comes from life...

Yet in this temporary life we life, death has the rule...

So that life is not received as given...

Instead it is taken...

And the giver does not freely give...

Yet all die to this fallen life we live...

And to live in God, we die to this temporary life...

We scorn the world embracing suffering...

And death loses its dominion over us...

God Bless You, Silken Bast...

Arsenios

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
SilkenBast said:

to them.

psalms 91 said:
No need to wonder as the bible tells us very clearly. If you are callous and hard hearted then love is not in you and without love anything else is useless. God states that those who do certain things will not enter into heaven and they wont. Secondly we are free to choose God or reject Him, if we reject Him why would we want to go to heaven to be with Him for eternity and always having to be in obedience to Him? God does not force us to choose Him and He doesnt force us into heaven. The choices that we make today have eternal consequences

God does tell us to have love, compassion, mercy, and grace, all these God has abundantly without limiting it, and it is modeled for us, Jesus came and showed the way. There is reason these virtues are called fruit of the Spirit. The unrepentant perish, not growing to show these. Many believers remain stunted in the spiritual growth, with these virtues not growing further at some point, though they should not remain limited as God gives no reason to limit them.

All people should really be cared for, and where they were born, or when they were born, should not change that.

See the Creator's care for creatures. "Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them." (Matthew 6:26) "A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel." (Proverbs 12:10)

Dominion granted to us gets misunderstood, it is not really different from Christ's dominion over us. Dominion was granted to humanity just when there was no killing, no death, and no suffering. Stewardship was just for caring management.

We should care for our animals. Our conscience should tell us that, scriptures from God do tell us that. I don't trust those saying they care for animals really do. They care for one certain animal, or more than one certain animal, but not at all for other animals, while they would pay for some others to slaughter animals for their use, without any thought, even though the way those animals are used is contrary to what God has said is permitted. Animals do often understand things in further ways than we give them credit for. There may be many that have some understanding of the Creator that is the reason they are here. In that case, for many, billions and billions, humans are then the devils that have their lives being hell. Creation groans with hope. That God reveals this shows that God will answer that hope, with the creation, creatures in it, seeing the hope fulfilled. They are innocent of our wrongdoing. God who is compassionate does not leave that for all they will ever see. But God does tell us to live with responsibilities to them and to not betray that. Creation which is all groaning with this hope will all be restored, with just the repentant redeemed, in Christ, from all humanity to see that. The rest of humanity will perish being cast off to what they will suffer in judgment, for unrepented wickedness and destructiveness.

As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.” (Pythagoras)

“Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” (Albert Einstein)

“Be on guard, so that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all who dwell upon the surface of the earth.” (Jesus, Luke 21:34, Evangelion Da-Mepharreshe — Old Syriac-Aramaic Manuscript of the New Testament Gospels)

“Go and find out what is meant by the scripture that says: ‘It is kindness that I want, not animal sacrifices.’” (Jesus, Gospel of Matthew 9:13, Good News translation)

Cruelty to animals is as if man did not love God ... there is something so dreadful, so satanic, in tormenting those who have never harmed us, and cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power. (Cardinal John Henry Newman)

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I also think there are too many people who won't consider truth outside of their own comfort zones. Atheists are that way with not wanting to really consider God. Believers are often that way, for instance not wanting to consider what is known from science. They already know some things known from science to be true, but they draw a line somewhere to not trust anything known from science further, to ever consider. Evolution and the things based on it are indeed not compatible with what the Bible says, and it has faulty assumptions that exclude God and any involvement from God, in God's own creation. But there is not basis to exclude consideration of what is known from science, other than that evolution, which is not really involving just the scientific method. Some have to resort to conspiracy theory, though that would not have proof, to account for what they exclude from consideration. And with not considering truth outside of their comfort zones, people are missing a whole lot, while we are here to still learn, and don't know enough already, while many still talk like they do.

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
God does tell us to have love, compassion, mercy, and grace, all these God has abundantly without limiting it, and it is modeled for us, Jesus came and showed the way. There is reason these virtues are called fruit of the Spirit. The unrepentant perish, not growing to show these. Many believers remain stunted in the spiritual growth, with these virtues not growing further at some point, though they should not remain limited as God gives no reason to limit them.

All people should really be cared for, and where they were born, or when they were born, should not change that.

See the Creator's care for creatures. "Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them." (Matthew 6:26) "A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel." (Proverbs 12:10)

Dominion granted to us gets misunderstood, it is not really different from Christ's dominion over us. Dominion was granted to humanity just when there was no killing, no death, and no suffering. Stewardship was just for caring management.

We should care for our animals. Our conscience should tell us that, scriptures from God do tell us that. I don't trust those saying they care for animals really do. They care for one certain animal, or more than one certain animal, but not at all for other animals, while they would pay for some others to slaughter animals for their use, without any thought, even though the way those animals are used is contrary to what God has said is permitted. Animals do often understand things in further ways than we give them credit for. There may be many that have some understanding of the Creator that is the reason they are here. In that case, for many, billions and billions, humans are then the devils that have their lives being hell. Creation groans with hope. That God reveals this shows that God will answer that hope, with the creation, creatures in it, seeing the hope fulfilled. They are innocent of our wrongdoing. God who is compassionate does not leave that for all they will ever see. But God does tell us to live with responsibilities to them and to not betray that. Creation which is all groaning with this hope will all be restored, with just the repentant redeemed, in Christ, from all humanity to see that. The rest of humanity will perish being cast off to what they will suffer in judgment, for unrepented wickedness and destructiveness.

As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.” (Pythagoras)

“Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” (Albert Einstein)

“Be on guard, so that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all who dwell upon the surface of the earth.” (Jesus, Luke 21:34, Evangelion Da-Mepharreshe — Old Syriac-Aramaic Manuscript of the New Testament Gospels)

“Go and find out what is meant by the scripture that says: ‘It is kindness that I want, not animal sacrifices.’” (Jesus, Gospel of Matthew 9:13, Good News translation)

Cruelty to animals is as if man did not love God ... there is something so dreadful, so satanic, in tormenting those who have never harmed us, and cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power. (Cardinal John Henry Newman)

Arsenios said:
fwiw, the callous and heartless are far from God...

Yet in this life on earth, all die...

As an animal, you ARE food, and the killer and eater of food...

The reason is that life begets life...

Life comes from life...

Yet in this temporary life we life, death has the rule...

So that life is not received as given...

Instead it is taken...

And the giver does not freely give...

Yet all die to this fallen life we live...

And to live in God, we die to this temporary life...

We scorn the world embracing suffering...

And death loses its dominion over us...

This need of having our food from life does not necessitate the suffering of other life to get that, though many make choices for that with contribution to demand that has that go on, and on. The healthier way by far for us, the way that is more sustainable than otherwise, the way with less negative impact on the world, demand on resources, the environments, and climate, is that way without contribution to suffering, not using anything from animals. There is embracing that suffering of other life with being callous and heartless and not drawing closer to God, otherwise, when there is not better reason to continue in those choices.

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I have stories I am writing in mind.

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I think that I should break off from posting at this forum site. I am not finding communication that I would really want to. I figured out that I owe the explanation rather than just disappearing from here. I want to acknowledge those who communicated with kindness each time they posted a response to me. I was noticing you. Hopefully you will see this communicated here where I post this. Not limiting kindness and compassion is really godly, which is desirable to God.

Top Bottom