Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Which of these is/are staff? Advisor Team, Community Team, Moderation Team, Senior Moderator, Supporting Member, Technical Advisor, Valued Contributor

Thank you!

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
This isn't official, but the way I see it, the following positions are staff:

The "Community Team" which consists of the Executive Administrator ([unm]Romanos[/unm]) and Administrator ([unm]Lämmchen[/unm]) are responsible for running the forum, and making decision about the goals and mission of the site, including what features should be added and how those features are implemented, and promoting users to various positions within the site. They may also choose to moderate if/when needed.

The "Moderation Team" which consists of Senior Moderators and Moderators are in charge of keeping order, moving/closing threads as needed, handling reports and disciplinary actions (most likely after a group discussion involving the admins).

The "Advisor Team" which includes Site Foundations Advisor, Hospitality Advisor and Outreach Advisor are non-moderator positions that collectively give feedback to the Community Team regarding various aspects of keeping the site on track and running well. From the FAQ:

• Site Foundations Advisor: This is a non-moderating position and the Site Foundations Advisor works closely with the site owner to build and renovate the foundations of the site. They will help determine which forums/sub-forums are necessary, review and request changes to the FAQ/site rules, assist members with a How To in answering questions about protocol for the site as well as how to navigate the site.
  • Hospitality Advisor: This non-moderating position benefits the site by welcoming new members in their Intro threads, posting Visitor Messages to the new members, offering to guide new members/answer questions about the site when needed. Members who have returned after a long absence he will either private message or post a Visitor's Message in greeting. They will be crucial in making the new comers as well as long established members feel welcomed so that they will want to return.
  • Outreach Advisor: This non moderating position works with all the other Advisors as well as the Administrators in determining how to promote the site as well as member retention. They will be in charge of creating polls, creating new threads in forums that are inactive, posting regularly in order to build a relationship with members as well as helping to come up with ideas for Awards, raffles and contests.
"Technical Advisor" is a title given to those, like myself, who can offer some kind of vBulletin/IT expertise to assist the Community Team in the modification, maintenance and control panel settings of the forum software. A Technical Advisor may have access to certain administrative/moderation functions, but such access is only for carrying out and testing of certain features and all actions are performed at the direction of the Community Team only.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
George told me he would begin working on the FAQs to update them with definitions for the usergroups soon.

Advisor Team Community Team Moderation Team Senior Moderator Supporting Member Technical Advisor Valued Contributor

The above are usergroups created because they have a little more something something than a regular registered user. How technical is that? ;)

As Mark pointed out, moderation of the site is done by the Moderation Team, Senior Moderator and also Administrators (which aren't listed even though we are also a part of the Community Team).

Supporting Members are for the future when we have site supporters.
Valued Contributor is for members who have gone above and beyond assisting with the forum in a variety of ways. When Mark was on hiatus from our site and working heavily at the vbulletin board, Romanos put him in the Valued Contributor group.

Advisors do not have moderating roles for the site. They help out in specific ways that Mark pasted from our FAQs.

Does what Mark posted and what I have added help answer your question?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So does "staff" exclusively refer to moderators of some level? And "advisor" is not on staff in any sense?

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hi Josiah,

Advisors are volunteers who do have a position that allows them to work with the Moderators and Admins for the betterment of the site but they do not have Staff forum access or moderator abilities.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi Josiah,

Advisors are volunteers who do have a position that allows them to work with the Moderators and Admins for the betterment of the site but they do not have Staff forum access or moderator abilities.

....THUS (I take it) are not staff.

Thanks for the explanation. And for all you and "staff" do for us (and Christ)!

- Josiah

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
....THUS (I take it) are not staff.

Thanks for the explanation. And for all you and "staff" do for us (and Christ)!

- Josiah

Well, the advisors aren't moderating staff, but (at least the way I see it) they are staff in that they take part in the decision making process for various aspects of running the site. :)

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, the advisors aren't moderating staff, but (at least the way I see it) they are staff in that they take part in the decision making process for various aspects of running the site. :)

Now I'm confused (ok, no jokes). Which is it? Are only moderators "Staff" or are also the whole list in the opening post? Which is it? Mark, you are a "technical advisor" ... are you a staffer? Are you on staff at CH in your opinion?

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now I'm confused (ok, no jokes). Which is it? Are only moderators "Staff" or are also the whole list in the opening post? Which is it? Mark, you are a "technical advisor" ... are you a staffer? Are you on staff at CH in your opinion?

Sorry for the confusion, Josiah. :|

Yes, I consider myself to be a part of the CH staff. However, I am not part of the moderating staff...I am part of the advisory staff.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
AH..... so it is YOUR personal opinion that all those categories listed in the OP are staff? You would make a distinction, it seems, between FUNCTION of these positions, but all are equally staff? I wonder if Romanos and Lamm agree?

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
AH..... so it is YOUR personal opinion that all those categories listed in the OP are staff? You would make a distinction, it seems, between FUNCTION of these positions, but all are equally staff? I wonder if Romanos and Lamm agree?

Yes, the official word on which positions are technically staff and which are not should come from the admins...I am only posting my opinion about it. :D

The positions I feel are staff are the ones I listed in my first post, which include administrative, moderating and advisory staff which I feel generally rank in that order. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was alerted to this by text so I wanted to log in here in between training people at work...

Staff

How are you defining it, Josiah? If it means a group of people working under a chief, then yes, the Advisors are staff. If you mean anyone who has power on the board, well, the majority of advisors, no, they aren't staff as defined in that manner.

One of the reasons tango was moved up to moderating staff was because part of his advisor position seemed to flow easily into a moderating staff position and we see potential in moving him up even more once the site continues to grow!

We are keeping our eyes on others as well that we think would benefit the site as moderating staff.

As for Mark, what he said rings true. He is staff in that he is under the chief Romanos but he does not determine Christianity Haven's goals or determine what is best for the site beyond giving us the most amazing technical modifications.

Who has the power here? Romanos with a little bit of bossy Lämmchen telling him how to run his site from time to time ;) But it's always Romanos' decision on how to move forward.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married