Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am more inclined to believe what the Catholic Church teaches than what folk opine on bulletin boards.
And many blindly follow the church and their traditions, it is not just your denom but all of them, they have all developed traditions

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some may get upset about not using the capital 'T' for traditions.

I doubt MC will.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am more inclined to believe what the Catholic Church teaches than what folk opine on bulletin boards.

3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

That would describe the RCC and its followers.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
And many blindly follow the church and their traditions, it is not just your denom but all of them, they have all developed traditions

I do not have any special dislike for denominations and I tend to trust denominational statements of faith and confessions of faith more than the opinions of people on bulletin boards. It's not that individuals cannot have a good grasp of truth so much as when individuals contradict their church or denomination and offer up their own perspectives I get the feeling that they may not have given the matter as much study and careful thought as those who prepare the official documents for public viewing and comment.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I do not have any special dislike for denominations and I tend to trust denominational statements of faith and confessions of faith more than the opinions of people on bulletin boards. It's not that individuals cannot have a good grasp of truth so much as when individuals contradict their church or denomination and offer up their own perspectives I get the feeling that they may not have given the matter as much study and careful thought as those who prepare the official documents for public viewing and comment.
I can understand this but when the bible clearly states something or history is wqrong then I question things. I know you dont necessarily agree but Christmas is one of them, also the feasts, they are the Lords not Jewish, so do I try to keep them, yes, not because they are Jewish but because it was God who wanted them kept. So much more but that gioves you an idea

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I can understand this but when the bible clearly states something or history is wrong then I question things. I know you don't necessarily agree but Christmas is one of them, also the feasts, they are the Lords not Jewish, so do I try to keep them, yes, not because they are Jewish but because it was God who wanted them kept. So much more but that gives you an idea

I reckon the days for the various feasts in the church calendar are "best guesses" rather than firmly fixed dates that no one can contradict. I happen to like the traditional dates for Christmas and the feast of the annunciation but I know of no dogmatic statement requiring that the 25th of December be regarded as the indisputable birth day of the Lord. As for the old covenant feasts and days of fasting, unleavened bread, and atonement I am inclined to see them as shadows of the realities that Christ's life shows to us all; so I feel no special need to observe them.

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I reckon the days for the various feasts in the church calendar are "best guesses" rather than firmly fixed dated that no one can contradict. I happen to like the traditional dates for Christmas and the feast of the annunciation but I know of no dogmatic statement requiring that the 25th of December be regarded as the indisputable birth day of the Lord. As for the old covenant feasts and days of fasting, unleavened bread, and atonement I am inclined to see them as shadows of the realities that Christ's life shows to us all; so I feel no special need to observe them.
Of course they are shadows but at least two of them show up in the millenial and were commanded by God to be kept eternally

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Of course they are shadows but at least two of them show up in the millennial and were commanded by God to be kept eternally

Then I reckon folk can worry about it during the millennium and eternity and I'll keep to the gospel which has no set feasts. The church calendar is for pedagogic purposes mainly and for breaking the year into seasons that have significance drawn from the life of Christ.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Which is also why you need to understand the feasts and what they did during them, you see Christ in the spring feasts and it ties nicely into His crucifixtion as to times and what was done to Him, the fall feasts show a shadow of events to come in fulfilling His second coming and the milleniual. Yes they are shadows, shadows that we would do well to understand and follow God in what He commanded.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Which is also why you need to understand the feasts and what they did during them, you see Christ in the spring feasts and it ties nicely into His crucifixtion as to times and what was done to Him, the fall feasts show a shadow of events to come in fulfilling His second coming and the milleniual. Yes they are shadows, shadows that we would do well to understand and follow God in what He commanded.

I know what the feasts/fasts were and when they happened and how they were conducted and that's interesting. I will follow the gospel which has no set feasts and I will make good use of the Church's calendar as the teaching aid it is. I'll keep the old covenant feasts when they are made a part of living the gospel.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I know what the feasts/fasts were and when they happened and how they were conducted and that's interesting. I will follow the gospel which has no set feasts and I will make good use of the Church's calendar as the teaching aid it is. I'll keep the old covenant feasts when they are made a part of living the gospel.
Your choice but do you not want to do what God says is eternal?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you reckon we're doing spiritual warfare? :)
No, the subject just popped up. Spiritual warfare I do consider an important part of our prayer life

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No, the subject just popped up. Spiritual warfare I do consider an important part of our prayer life

Do you pray words like "Satan I bind you in Jesus mighty name!" some of the Pentecostal folk I know say things like that in spoken prayers.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you pray words like "Satan I bind you in Jesus mighty name!" some of the Pentecostal folk I know say things like that in spoken prayers.
Depends but yes at times.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Depends but yes at times.

Catholics might pray thus when casting out Satan ...
Almighty Lord, Word of God the Father, Jesus Christ, God and Lord of all creation; who gave to your holy apostles the power to tramp underfoot serpents and scorpions; who along with the other mandates to work miracles was pleased to grant them the authority to say: "Depart, you devils!" and by whose might Satan was made to fall from heaven like lightning; I humbly call on your holy name in fear and trembling, asking that you grant me, your unworthy servant, pardon for all my sins, steadfast faith, and the power - supported by your mighty arm - to confront with confidence and resolution this cruel demon. I ask this through you, Jesus Christ, our Lord and God, who are coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.​
And ...
I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every Satanic power of the enemy, every spectre from hell, and all your fell companions; in the name of our Lord Jesus +Christ. Be gone and stay far from this creature of God.+ For it is He who commands you, He who flung you headlong from the heights of heaven into the depths of hell. It is He who commands you, He who once stilled the sea and the wind and the storm. Hearken, therefore, and tremble in fear, Satan, you enemy of the faith, you foe of the human race, you begetter of death, you robber of life, you corrupter of justice, you root of all evil and vice; seducer of men, betrayer of the nations, instigator of envy, font of avarice, fomenter of discord, author of pain and sorrow. Why, then, do you stand and resist, knowing as you must that Christ the Lord brings your plans to nothing? Fear Him, who in Isaac was offered in sacrifice, in Joseph sold into bondage, slain as the paschal lamb, crucified as man, yet triumphed over the powers of hell. (The three signs of the cross which follow are traced on the brow of the possessed person). Be gone, then, in the name of the Father, + and of the Son, + and of the Holy + Spirit. Give place to the Holy Spirit by this sign of the holy + cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever.​

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Catholics might pray thus when casting out Satan ...
Almighty Lord, Word of God the Father, Jesus Christ, God and Lord of all creation; who gave to your holy apostles the power to tramp underfoot serpents and scorpions; who along with the other mandates to work miracles was pleased to grant them the authority to say: "Depart, you devils!" and by whose might Satan was made to fall from heaven like lightning; I humbly call on your holy name in fear and trembling, asking that you grant me, your unworthy servant, pardon for all my sins, steadfast faith, and the power - supported by your mighty arm - to confront with confidence and resolution this cruel demon. I ask this through you, Jesus Christ, our Lord and God, who are coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.​
And ...
I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every Satanic power of the enemy, every spectre from hell, and all your fell companions; in the name of our Lord Jesus +Christ. Be gone and stay far from this creature of God.+ For it is He who commands you, He who flung you headlong from the heights of heaven into the depths of hell. It is He who commands you, He who once stilled the sea and the wind and the storm. Hearken, therefore, and tremble in fear, Satan, you enemy of the faith, you foe of the human race, you begetter of death, you robber of life, you corrupter of justice, you root of all evil and vice; seducer of men, betrayer of the nations, instigator of envy, font of avarice, fomenter of discord, author of pain and sorrow. Why, then, do you stand and resist, knowing as you must that Christ the Lord brings your plans to nothing? Fear Him, who in Isaac was offered in sacrifice, in Joseph sold into bondage, slain as the paschal lamb, crucified as man, yet triumphed over the powers of hell. (The three signs of the cross which follow are traced on the brow of the possessed person). Be gone, then, in the name of the Father, + and of the Son, + and of the Holy + Spirit. Give place to the Holy Spirit by this sign of the holy + cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever.​
I like this

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spiritual warfare has to do with our internal direction and the selfless guidance and help we are to offer to all. The adament challenges and opposition that we face as active Christians and our peaceful fight against it at all times is spiritual warfare.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Top Bottom