Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I didn't board my dog when we traveled but either took her with or left her with my mom. I always felt so guilty leaving her with strangers in a boarding facility. My sister-in-law says her dog loves the boarding place since the dog gets to play with other dogs.

Do you board your pet?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No I have a friend who will watch my dog but I dont go many places that that is necessary

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't even know what it was. My parents always watched pets. Lol my sister goes on holidays a lot and she wanted to take a dog, but my parents said they were not gonna watch it all the time, so she took a cat.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
If I had dogs rather than cats, I would consider it as a viable option, but cats aren't very social towards other cats (the two I have have lived with each other since the day they were born in the same littler, and squabble from time to time). So, I always ask a family member to drop by on those rare occasions when I am away from home long enough for that to be needed.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes thankfully I have a friend that will drop in and walk the dog

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I didn't even know what it was. My parents always watched pets. Lol my sister goes on holidays a lot and she wanted to take a dog, but my parents said they were not gonna watch it all the time, so she took a cat.

There are people who do boarding as a business and they have special rooms in their homes for pets and kennels out in their yards. A lot of veterinarians have boarding options too but they just pen the animals up in a cage mostly unless they have a separate wing for the animals to roam.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are people who do boarding as a business and they have special rooms in their homes for pets and kennels out in their yards. A lot of veterinarians have boarding options too but they just pen the animals up in a cage mostly unless they have a separate wing for the animals to roam.
Oh, doesn't sound good. Rabbits are easy. I'd just put them in someone's garden in a cage if I couldn't take them (always nice to let them hop through a hotel room, I think they'd be very happy with me, those ladies that come clean every day)
But for dogs and cats, a cage... weird. I saw those tiny dog cages. Poor dogs. They are nice and big for my bunnies though if you take 2 of them.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If I had dogs rather than cats, I would consider it as a viable option, but cats aren't very social towards other cats (the two I have have lived with each other since the day they were born in the same littler, and squabble from time to time). So, I always ask a family member to drop by on those rare occasions when I am away from home long enough for that to be needed.

I've only been away once since my wife and I got our cat, and we had a couple of friends come in and make sure he was fed and his box cleaned. He's not allowed outside so no need to let him in and out. One of the friends just adores him and she's retired, so when she stopped by to feed him she'd stay a while and play with him. He liked that.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Cats are a lot easier. We have one indoor cat and three outdoor cats that adopted us. Two of my wife's sons leave only about a mile away and will feed and water them for us.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have heard it said that cats don't have owners, they have staff. :)

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's funny most the time ours cats won't acknowledge us from afar but if we've been gone they're coming up to us looking for a little reassurence for a day or two anyway.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We have my daughter's friends come by and check on them while we are gone

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I didn't board my dog when we traveled but either took her with or left her with my mom. I always felt so guilty leaving her with strangers in a boarding facility. My sister-in-law says her dog loves the boarding place since the dog gets to play with other dogs.

Do you board your pet?

The last time I traveled more than a few days and while my cat was still alive, I did, yes. That was for - 2 to 3 weeks, from memory. I was told it was best if I left a piece of clothing or something that was familiar to her. When I picked her up, she was fine, no drama at all.

Ironically, the last time I left for only 3 days and had a trusted friend come and feed her at my residence - she wigged out. When I came home and greeted her she hissed at me. So I was like - oo kkk...and went about my business. After about an hour she came out to say hello and ask my forgiveness in that pussycat like way :p

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm going on a holiday for a week and the kids wanted to take the bunnies but that'll become a mess. My sister wanted to take them. Too scary, she has a big garden. They can run away. I'll just leave them here and my brother will feed them.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can board them here. Then they put them in a tiny cage and it costs 2 euro a rabbit a day. Bye!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No haVE A NEIGHBOR THAT WILL COME IN AND WALK MY DOG

Top Bottom