Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Isn’t it amazing?

When the doctrine sets held by churches that people attend cannot answer simple questions about those doctrines when they are stated, the questions are simply ignored.

It’s better to ignore them, than admit there are gaping holes in the doctrines of the churches people give their loyalty to. Isn’t that right?

Pedrito is still awaiting the answer to the question he posed in Post #13 on Page 2.

Post #5 on Page 1:
I believe that the Lord Jesus will "come again to judge the living and the dead." He will come to separate the believers from the unbelievers (Matthew 25:32–33) and to give each of them their eternal reward or punishment. On the Last Day, those who have rejected Christ, along with the devil and his evil angels, “will go away to eternal punishment” while those who trust in Christ and His forgiveness, life, and salvation will go “into eternal life” (Matthew 25:46).

So it would seem that when people die, they must all end up in the same place initially. They are not separated until “the Last Day.”

So where does the Holy Bible tell us that the unseparated dead are at the moment? (Or must we turn to “tradition”? Does “tradition” have a sensible answer to the question?)

Pedrito wonders: Will this turn out to be yet another request for answers from God’s Holy Revelation, that will remain unanswered?

And Pedrito further wonders: If Readers can recall other questions of Pedrito’s that have remained unanswered, are those Readers detecting an emerging pattern?

Pedrito asks these questions for one simple reason. He asks the questions so that people are forced to face head on, the fact that their loyalty to their churches outweighs their loyalty to God and His Holy Word (the Bible).

But how many people, faced with that realisation, simply sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn’t exist – pretend it doesn’t exist, rather than leave their existing church and look for one that has the Scriptural answers?

How about You, the one reading this now? What is your choice?

You may be able to trick yourself, but you cannot trick God.

He knows. And He is watching.

Could it be time to start planning your excuses?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Jesus will return when he is good and ready. That's all there is to it.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
320px-Millennial_views.svg.png

Thought I'd post a chart for people like me who like/need charts for comparison. :glasses:

Green, with a literal belief in the Second Coming of Christ and the establishment of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. I think the " first resurrection" has already happened, with our baptism and salvation assured in Jesus Christ.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Think about it now ok if we was took away from all the tribulation that things how would that be fair to the ones that has passed and the ones that is left ok ...the word tells me that we alll will taste the sting of death

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly! We had many brothers and sister go before us who had suffered greatly for the faith and yet those raptured get out easy? We are to live as if the Master might return any moment and expect to be persecuted by the world for our faith.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Think about it now ok if we was took away from all the tribulation that things how would that be fair to the ones that has passed and the ones that is left ok ...the word tells me that we alll will taste the sting of death

Before the rapture there will be persecution says Matthew 24 or 25, just not the great trib. Christians are already being persecuted all over the world now.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Before the rapture there will be persecution says Matthew 24 or 25, just not the great trib. Christians are already being persecuted all over the world now.

But that's nothing new, so what would make the Second Coming be immanent if that's the gauge one is using to decide the timing?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I would like for you to show me or tell me where it says that we will be took up from all the tribulation ....give me a book and chapter and verse...I have read the Bible nad studied it and no where that it tells me that we will be took away....the only way we will go is like the Bible says....it is once appointed to man to die...then...the ....judgment...I don't see no where it says there is a tribulation and we will be took away?

Revelation 3:10 - Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Luke 21

34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Jesus told us about his return in Matthew 25:31-46.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
But that's nothing new, so what would make the Second Coming be immanent if that's the gauge one is using to decide the timing?

You can count from the moment the ac goes sit in the temple and then it makes no sense to watch and be ready to escape all these things or that He comes like a thief in the night. You can just count from Daniel when he sits there, 3,5 years later Jesus will come back.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You can count from the moment the ac goes sit in the temple and then it makes no sense to watch and be ready to escape all these things or that He comes like a thief in the night. You can just count from Daniel when he sits there, 3,5 years later Jesus will come back.

Not what I asked.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Not what I asked.

Lol I didnt understand the question, had to look gauge up. Why don't ppl speak Dutch here?

:;-D:
You don't have to speak in tongues, Dutch will do LOL.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
All right, so what's the answer? If the persecution of Christians is a sign of the coming of the end, what makes today any different from previous centuries when there was as much or more of it going on?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
All right, so what's the answer? If the persecution of Christians is a sign of the coming of the end, what makes today any different from previous centuries when there was as much or more of it going on?

Oh you mean that. More and more frequent like just before birth. Fig tree, Israel. Perilous times. Days of Noah. Scoffers will come saying everything will stay the same. Everyone will have heard the gospel.
Some say Matthew says world wars.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Oh and because He would raise Israel after 2 days and a day is like 1000 years and creation was in 6 days so then after 6000 and 2000 after Chist you have the sabbath, 1000 year peace.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh you mean that. More and more frequent like just before birth. Fig tree, Israel. Perilous times. Days of Noah. Scoffers will come saying everything will stay the same. Everyone will have heard the gospel.
Some say Matthew says world wars.

Thanks. But it is worth knowing what many people do not know, which is that there have been a number of other periods in human history in which Christians were persecuted and wars raged at least as terribly as in our own times. Many people were sure that the year 1000 would be it. Then, it was 1500 and not just because those are round numbers. What is different about today is something few people think about. That's that the Gospel is to be preached to the whole world and then would come the end.

It is true that the whole world HAS been reached with the Gospel, thanks to TV and radio and internet, etc. and only in the last few years. THAT is worth considering and it never happened previously.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think we should believe, love and serve as if TODAY is His Return...

I think we should not waste all those opportunities to love and serve because we are trying to figure out the date and all the details around it.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
There are signs of the Lord's return, according to the scriptures. Beware that no one leads you astray. For many will come in Jesus' name, saying, "I am the Messiah!" and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumours of wars; see that you are not alarmed; for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places: all this is but the beginning of the birth pangs. but what you make of history and current events is another matter altogether because every time that wars come and earthquakes and food shortages somebody will say "the end is nigh" but so far that has not proven to be so. Jesus advised Beware, keep alert; for you do not know when the time will come.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I was raised in a pretrib world, but today I don't really think about it.
We are told to not worry about tomorrow, we have enough problems today.
I observe that Christians are suffering greatly, today, in many places. The cries of the martyrs must be great before the throne of God.
I observe that God may choose to bring deep suffering to any Christians life at any time for God's glory. Jesus tells us to pick up our cross and follow him. We are told that in this life there will be many troubles, but we take heart because Jesus overcame the world.
Regardless of the means by which Jesus returns, our obedience today is all that matters.
Both AW Tozer and CS Lewis expressed this truth:
The one place where heaven and earth meet in real experience is in the now.
The past is past. The future may never be. But in the now it's Christ in me.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Deja Vu thread bump

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow, old thread. Where in the Bible does it say there will be this period of time called the tribulation?

I am postamillennial Jesus returns at the end of the millenial period which has been going on for nearly 2000 years now.

Top Bottom