Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am pre trib but I also believe that we will go through some things before that happens

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
i don't have any labels per se on Christ's 2nd coming, i simply believe the Revelation account of it and what Jesus Himself said about His coming, and the angels account of how He will descend just as He ascended, in like manner, and that He will come as a thief in the night, and in the twinkling of an eye. We are told to be prepared, with oil in our lamps.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes Brinny, the 10 virgins

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I believe that the Lord Jesus will "come again to judge the living and the dead." He will come to separate the believers from the unbelievers (Matthew 25:32–33) and to give each of them their eternal reward or punishment. On the Last Day, those who have rejected Christ, along with the devil and his evil angels, “will go away to eternal punishment” while those who trust in Christ and His forgiveness, life, and salvation will go “into eternal life” (Matthew 25:46).

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
320px-Millennial_views.svg.png

Thought I'd post a chart for people like me who like/need charts for comparison. :glasses:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
:peace: I am in the peach color.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I tend to vacillate between green and peach.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I was midtrib for the longest time but something got me thinking that it could be post trib but I forget what it was. What I don't believe is that we're in the millenium now.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am pre trib but I also believe that we are going to go through many things before it happens

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm probably an Amillennialist ...

And I realize well that this actually is a pretty common topic in the NT....

But I have to confess, I'm not sure why or what to make of it. Yes - I think we need to know the final chapter hasn't come yet....... I think we need to have a sense of urgency about our ministry..... beyond that, I'm kind of at a loss (maybe there is no more than that).

I think that when He comes, He just comes. End of story.... all she wrote. Nothing to fear about that, nothing anyone can do about that date, not a lot to think about.

But NOW we should be doing what we are called to do, above all the Great Commandment ("LOVE just as I first loved you...") and the Great Commission ("GO and make disciples, baptising and teaching.....") Be busy doing what we should do whether He returns or not. If He returns and we are doing what He commanded - good. If He doesn't return in our lifetime but we are doing as He commanded - good.

Not sure I understand the obsession some see to have with this...... I confess I'm not even sure why it seems to play an important role in Scripture.

Pax Christi

- Josiah

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Post #5 on Page 1:
I believe that the Lord Jesus will "come again to judge the living and the dead." He will come to separate the believers from the unbelievers (Matthew 25:32–33) and to give each of them their eternal reward or punishment. On the Last Day, those who have rejected Christ, along with the devil and his evil angels, “will go away to eternal punishment” while those who trust in Christ and His forgiveness, life, and salvation will go “into eternal life” (Matthew 25:46).

So it would seem that when people die, they must all end up in the same place initially. They are not separated until “the Last Day.”

So where does the Holy Bible tell us that the unseparated dead are at the moment? (Or must we turn to “tradition”? Does “tradition” have a sensible answer to the question?)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
320px-Millennial_views.svg.png

Thought I'd post a chart for people like me who like/need charts for comparison. :glasses:

My understanding is that the pre trib view has only been popular recently in church history. I was taught the pre trib view as early as my teenage years. It always seemed a little odd to me that people would simply disappear (in the rapture) and then God comes again later and then still later there is another judgment. I think the main thing that I try to remember is that we are suppose to live and work as if he is coming back soon

willy_be_wild

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I would like for you to show me or tell me where it says that we will be took up from all the tribulation ....give me a book and chapter and verse...I have read the Bible nad studied it and no where that it tells me that we will be took away....the only way we will go is like the Bible says....it is once appointed to man to die...then...the ....judgment...I don't see no where it says there is a tribulation and we will be took away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

willy_be_wild

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Think about it now ok if we was took away from all the tribulation that things how would that be fair to the ones that has passed and the ones that is left ok ...the word tells me that we alll will taste the sting of death

willy_be_wild

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
But when Jesus comes again then every one that is believed and done right in the eyes of god will be caught. Mid ways in the air to forever be with the lord but the rest will be left and go straight to judgment

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would like for you to show me or tell me where it says that we will be took up from all the tribulation ....give me a book and chapter and verse...I have read the Bible nad studied it and no where that it tells me that we will be took away....the only way we will go is like the Bible says....it is once appointed to man to die...then...the ....judgment...I don't see no where it says there is a tribulation and we will be took away?

I'm not defending the view as correct, but from my understanding of those who believe in a rapture before the tribulation it is because they don't think the church would be punished along with the world. Some people I have heard quote the conversation that the Lord had with Abraham before he judged Sodom and Gomorrah when Abram asked God if he would judge the innocent with the guilty to the point of even if 20 or 10 innocent souls were there. The Lord said he would spare the city if he could find even 10 innocents there

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm neither pre nor post... I'm pan. In the end it will all pan out.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pedrito is still awaiting the answer to the question he posed in Post #13 on Page 2.

Post #5 on Page 1:

So it would seem that when people die, they must all end up in the same place initially. They are not separated until “the Last Day.”

So where does the Holy Bible tell us that the unseparated dead are at the moment? (Or must we turn to “tradition”? Does “tradition” have a sensible answer to the question?)

Pedrito wonders: Will this turn out to be yet another request for answers from God’s Holy Revelation, that will remain unanswered?

And Pedrito further wonders: If Readers can recall other questions of Pedrito’s that have remained unanswered, are those Readers detecting an emerging pattern?

Top Bottom