Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yo, peeps, there's a gun thread for that discussion.

I watched 90% of the video. It's fair in it's overview and history.

One of the best books I've read on money and central banking is "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin.

I used to own gold, started accumulating it long before it was over 1000USD an ounce. Back around 2005-2006 when prices were $400-$600 or so. Don't have it anymore though - used it up when I was unemployed. It served me well though - I lived on it for more than 2 years. Wish I had gotten employment sooner and still had it...but, alas - that is a decision I have to live with.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Money is a very tricky game that we somehow manage to deceive ourselves into believing is safe and secure. Just think about how the USA Federal Reserve printed money following the GFC in 2008. Trillions of USD worth. IN the old days that was called debasing the currency because in the old days it was done by mixing gold with base metals in the coin of the realm thus debasing it. Now we just pretend that printing money is okay. It isn't, it erodes your savings. Adding money to the "money supply" makes all the existing money worth a little bit less. If it is done to excess - as in Germany between WW I and WW II - it makes money worthless.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes and I see something like that happening to our currency

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Money is a very tricky game that we somehow manage to deceive ourselves into believing is safe and secure. Just think about how the USA Federal Reserve printed money following the GFC in 2008. Trillions of USD worth. IN the old days that was called debasing the currency because in the old days it was done by mixing gold with base metals in the coin of the realm thus debasing it. Now we just pretend that printing money is okay. It isn't, it erodes your savings. Adding money to the "money supply" makes all the existing money worth a little bit less. If it is done to excess - as in Germany between WW I and WW II - it makes money worthless.

The USD's worth on the global market is directly tied to crude oil being traded in it. This is a major contributing factor to middle east wars and other conflicts over resources that are hidden under pretenses sold to the public as being necessary. Without the oil backing, the world would dump the USD en mass and it's only then that people would see the inflation of decades that you refer to. We see a moderate inflation - but it's nothing compared to what people would see if the USD wasn't backed by crude oil. I don't think a whole lot of people understand this, and if or when the time comes and people see prices across the board that are 1000X what they were or more, they'll look for some immediate causal factor, blame the Congress, the current President, another country - but it's none of those things together or separate. It's the policy and system that allows the inflation in the first place.

Top Bottom