Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Dashcam video shows Fla. deputies debating whether to rescue girls from stolen car in pond

After trying to escape law enforcement, the driver apparently missed a sharp turn near a cemetery, plunging into the water, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said.

Investigators said over the radio they initially thought the girls had escaped from the car and ran off as it sank, Bay News 9 reports. According to the sheriff's office, the deputies took off their gun belts and entered the water once they realized the girls were still in the car.

Later on the article stated

The girls had been arrested a combined seven times for crimes including grand theft auto,

What are your thoughts on all this?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Dashcam video shows Fla. deputies debating whether to rescue girls from stolen car in pond

After trying to escape law enforcement, the driver apparently missed a sharp turn near a cemetery, plunging into the water, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said.

Investigators said over the radio they initially thought the girls had escaped from the car and ran off as it sank, Bay News 9 reports. According to the sheriff's office, the deputies took off their gun belts and entered the water once they realized the girls were still in the car.

Later on the article stated

The girls had been arrested a combined seven times for crimes including grand theft auto,

What are your thoughts on all this?
I think it is a nice story but the dashcam video and audio tell a different story, they should have rescues them instead of standing there listening to them till it went silent and then they went in. I think it is criminal what they did

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It was dark and mucky. Could it have been a successful saving or would law enforcement officers died as well?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They are paid to go in harms way and letting people drown while you watch is not acceptable, if iot would have been someone untrained then I would not find as much fault but to stand there and listen while thye drowned and then get them smacks of murder to me

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
They are paid to go in harms way and letting people drown while you watch is not acceptable, if iot would have been someone untrained then I would not find as much fault but to stand there and listen while thye drowned and then get them smacks of murder to me

They aren't paid to commit suicide though and the Supreme Court ruled that they don't have to protect.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They aren't paid to commit suicide though and the Supreme Court ruled that they don't have to protect.
Yeah, good old Supreme Court, even firefighters are serving to protect and I thought police were to, if not then why have them

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yeah, good old Supreme Court, even firefighters are serving to protect and I thought police were to, if not then why have them

In theory the police are there to "serve and protect" but it does get to a rather surreal situation when a repeat criminal gets into mortal danger as a result of their own criminal actions and then it's the police's fault for not risking their own lives to rescue them. Surely there has to come a point where people are responsible for their own actions.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

they are there to serve in the name of the law.so as the law changes so do their actions .

we are here and saved to serve the lord-.praise god he never changes :)

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In theory the police are there to "serve and protect" but it does get to a rather surreal situation when a repeat criminal gets into mortal danger as a result of their own criminal actions and then it's the police's fault for not risking their own lives to rescue them. Surely there has to come a point where people are responsible for their own actions.

yup

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

At different periods in my life I would have had differing opinions on this matter. For the age I am now, I totally agree with what tango wrote! Those girls did wrong and paid the consequences for their actions. The Police didn't force them into a stolen car. The police didn't force them to speed. The police didn't force them into a dark, murky pond. The girls made bad choices and today we have some living police officers who did try to evaluate the situation to determine if a save was possible.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
they are there to serve in the name of the law.so as the law changes so do their actions .

we are here and saved to serve the lord-.praise god he never changes :)
Amen

Top Bottom